Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McFadden

Started by Dirttrackhog, December 07, 2015, 09:16:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gmarv

Quote from: threeNout on December 14, 2015, 04:42:24 pm
Great analysis Wiz, but you left out a critical fact,  DMac is a Hog and Murray isn't,  so no one on this board should see them as equals.  :)
you got a amen from me on that.

threeNout

Quote from: threeNout on December 13, 2015, 06:37:42 pm
Dmac finishes with 111 yards on 9 carries,  12.3 average.

As a team, Dallas averaged  over 8 yards a carry, but only ran it 19 times, strange strategy in the rain with virtually no passing game.

Anyway, Dmac now has 798 yards on the year, needs to average 68 yards a game to hit 1,000.

only 31 yards in the first half tonight, hope he has a strong 2nd half.

King Kong

Quote from: threeNout on December 19, 2015, 08:59:01 pm
only 31 yards in the first half tonight, hope he has a strong 2nd half.

Done

threeNout

Quote from: King Kong on December 19, 2015, 09:35:34 pm
Done

yep,  98 yards after 3 quarters on only 15 carries,  1,000 yard season for Dmac looking better and better,  should have been starting week 1, might be looking at 1,500 yards then.

Tejano Jawg

I put half of the Cowboys' losses on the offensive coaching staff. Specifically play calling.

Have you noticed when DMac gets a short pass, he gains anywhere from 8 to 15 yards? Every time. And occasionally he'll go 30+ like tonight. He caught 2 tonight—one was called, one was just an outlet pass. WHAT IF Dallas called a pass to him 2 or 3 more times in a game? This is especially important when the defense is totally shutting down the run. The short pass is essentially a running play, but doesn't depend on the o-line executing (which many times in short yardage situations, that can't.) How his this not occurred to Garrett? Awful.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

flippinhogmana

After tonight he has 898 rushing, like 1,200 I think total yardage.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Hogarusa

Quote from: threeNout on December 19, 2015, 09:47:15 pm
yep,  98 yards after 3 quarters on only 15 carries,  1,000 yard season for Dmac looking better and better,  should have been starting week 1, might be looking at 1,500 yards then.
He was hurt week 1 and 2 plus most of preseason so took a while to get into sync with the offense.  He has been real solid for the Cowboys since week 6.  Gets tackled inside the 10 on great runs what seems like a frustrating amount but he has far exceeded my expectations on a lost season for the Cowboys
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

threeNout

Darren has always been an atypical RB, and part of that difference may be he has more longevity than your usual NFL RB, almost 29 now, he may actually have another 3 or 4 years left in him.  He doesn't look like he has lost much to me, still really quick around the corner.

Him and Dez are the two biggest big play guys they have, and they can't get Dez the ball.  I have to think they could have won a couple of those close games they have lost if he could have gotten 20-25 carries instead of 15.

I'm sure they will be drafting RBs in the next draft, but I see no reason why Dmac shouldn't be their starter next year.

bulldog04

[quote author=threeNout link=topic=605118.msg10075693#msg10075693 date=

Him and Dez are the two biggest big play guys they have, and they can't get Dez the ball.  I have to think they could have won a couple of those close games they have lost if he could have gotten 20-25 carries instead of 15.
[/quote]
And signed Mallett

jchill

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 19, 2015, 10:49:50 pm
I put half of the Cowboys' losses on the offensive coaching staff. Specifically play calling.

Have you noticed when DMac gets a short pass, he gains anywhere from 8 to 15 yards? Every time. And occasionally he'll go 30+ like tonight. He caught 2 tonight—one was called, one was just an outlet pass. WHAT IF Dallas called a pass to him 2 or 3 more times in a game? This is especially important when the defense is totally shutting down the run. The short pass is essentially a running play, but doesn't depend on the o-line executing (which many times in short yardage situations, that can't.) How his this not occurred to Garrett? Awful.

I remembered watching a game when DMAC played for Oakland and he ran a beautiful route like a wide receiver. I do not know why they do not pass the ball to him more. He is really dangerous out in space. It is good that he is running tough between the tackles, but out in space is where is the most effective, because of his speed.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: jchill on December 21, 2015, 12:42:07 am
I remembered watching a game when DMAC played for Oakland and he ran a beautiful route like a wide receiver. I do not know why they do not pass the ball to him more. He is really dangerous out in space. It is good that he is running tough between the tackles, but out in space is where is the most effective, because of his speed.

And, in an unusual but interesting move, they had DMac run a QUICK SLANT week before last. Of course the pass was behind him and uncatchable. Guess Cassel didn't know Darren was kinda fast.   ::)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 21, 2015, 02:14:49 pm
And, in an unusual but interesting move, they had DMac run a QUICK SLANT week before last. Of course the pass was behind him and uncatchable. Guess Cassel didn't know Darren was kinda fast.   ::)

I believe that was their last play, on 4th down.  In addition to being behind him, it was a 10 yard bullet with mud on the ball in a driving range.  But the game was over at that point anyhow.

However, I did notice a little earlier in the 4th quarter, they ran a little deeper slant and DMac had his man beaten.  Woulld have been a long gainer if not a TD had the QB put the ball on him; but he threw to someone else.

Story of their season this year.