Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McFadden

Started by Dirttrackhog, December 07, 2015, 09:16:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirttrackhog

Got his bell rang.  Hope he is alright, should be done for the night.  Poor guy cant catch a break.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

We got ourselves a good old fashion nfc east shootout to tonight. 

Nothing's wrong with McFadden.  He's gonna be just fine.

Dirttrackhog

Yea, just heard where they pretty much said false alarm.

HiggiePiggy

So is this the Texas Rangers vs the Washington Nationals?   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

5 little pigs

Dallas coaching staff needs to remember they have 88 on their team!!!  What a train wreck!!

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

alohawg

Between two fumbles and tackling himself, he needs to sit.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hogz87

Cowboys get the ball down to the 3 yard line in two plays then have to settle for a FG.  No idea why Garrett didn't call a timeout or why Cassel didn't check to another play when it was obvious the Redskins were bringing everyone on that 3rd down play.  McFadden had no shot at even getting back to the LOS, never mind into the endzone. 

Dr. Starcs

And yet they threw on 1st and goal.

Terrible.

hog.goblin

Quote from: alohawg on December 07, 2015, 09:45:23 pm
Between two fumbles and tackling himself, he needs to sit.

he had 3 strong runs before the 2nd fumble

EastexHawg

Running out of bounds in that situation was unforgivable.  Dallas didn't need a touchdown, they needed to run out the clock.  Utterly, unbelievably stupid.  As Gruden said..."day one of training camp..."

hog.goblin

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 07, 2015, 10:37:41 pm
Running out of bounds in that situation was unforgivable.  Dallas didn't need a touchdown, they needed to run out the clock.  Utterly, unbelievably stupid.  As Gruden said..."day one of training camp..."

then he got the TD, which they didn't really need, then they blew it, only for the Redskins to blow it

alohawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 07, 2015, 10:37:41 pm

Yep, bad night for Darren, can't even score a td right.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

BigSexyHog

Quote from: 5 little pigs on December 07, 2015, 09:23:25 pm
Dallas coaching staff needs to remember they have 88 on their team!!!  What a train wreck!!

88 is a worthless arse clown
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

WooPig90

Quote from: BigSexyHog on December 07, 2015, 11:19:06 pm
88 is a worthless arse clown

You mad bro? Dez is a beast, theres no doubting that

Iwastherein1969

December 07, 2015, 11:49:22 pm #15 Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:06:11 am by Iwastherein1969
Quote from: alohawg on December 07, 2015, 10:53:45 pm
Yep, bad night for Darren, can't even score a td right.
exactly....I have NEVER seen a fan base shred it's former players who made the NFL like Hog fans...McFadden bust it up  the middle from the 7 at the one minute mark in the 4th quarter while carrying two Redskins into the endzone and people complain he scored too soon...gonna say this one time...YOU CAN NEVER SCORE TOO SOON TO TAKE THE LEAD...anybody who says different is full of it...come on, the defense has a certain responsibility, too...like stop the other team's offense...the greatest player in Razorback history catches hell for scoring too soon...amazing
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 07, 2015, 11:49:22 pm
exactly....I have NEVER seen a fan base shred it's former players who made the NFL like Hog fans...McFadden guy bust it up  the middle from the 7 at the one minute mark in the 4th quarter while carrying two Redskins into the endzone and people complain he scored too soon...gonna say this one time...YOU CAN NEVER SCORE TOO SOON TO TAKE THE LEAD...anybody who says different is full of it...come on, the defense has a certain responsibility, too...like stop the other team's offense...the greatest player in Razorback history catches hell for scoring too soon...amazing
Agree with you 100%.

hawgmasta

exactly....I have NEVER seen a fan base shred it's former players who made the NFL like Hog fans...McFadden guy bust it up  the middle from the 7 at the one minute mark in the 4th quarter while carrying two Redskins into the endzone and people complain he scored too soon...gonna say this one time...YOU CAN NEVER SCORE TOO SOON TO TAKE THE LEAD...anybody who says different is full of it...come on, the defense has a certain responsibility, too...like stop the other team's offense...the greatest player in Razorback history catches hell for scoring too soon...amazing

Agreed man; I'm so happy McFadden got this second chance even though the cowboys are reeling.

Nipsey Mussle

exactly....I have NEVER seen a fan base shred it's former players who made the NFL like Hog fans...McFadden bust it up  the middle from the 7 at the one minute mark in the 4th quarter while carrying two Redskins into the endzone and people complain he scored too soon...gonna say this one time...YOU CAN NEVER SCORE TOO SOON TO TAKE THE LEAD...anybody who says different is full of it...come on, the defense has a certain responsibility, too...like stop the other team's offense...the greatest player in Razorback history catches hell for scoring too soon...amazing
Anyone who complains about the TD is way off. That wasn't a situation where you stop short and take the fg. However, it's not hard to find fault with a guy who has a 2 fumble game and despite being a veteran, runs right out of bounds in that situation. He's been really good about not fumbling, even with a heavy work load, so he'll get it straightened out I'm sure.

Augustus

Ya know, I recall being a at a Hogs game recently, in which a lot of fans were worried about "scoring too soon"... It turned out that just putting points on the board was more important than the strategy behind it.

EastexHawg

Everyone involved in last night's telecast...Gruden, Steve Young, Tirico, Steve Levy, even Matt Cassel...said that going out of bounds in that situation was a terrible screw up.  Gruden said it was something you talk about on the first day of training camp.  Young went even further, saying something to the effect of "it's hard to win in this league.  When you have the chance to win, just win the game.  We were all sitting here in disbelief when he ran out of bounds." 

But what do a Super Bowl winning coach who is paid to be an analyst on the biggest TV game each week and a Hall of Fame quarterback know compared to a bunch of people on an Arkansas message board?

You don't get more points in the standings for winning by seven instead of three.  You have the most accurate kicker in NFL history on your team.  Run the ball, keep it inbounds, make the Redskins use all their timeouts, and kick the dang field goal to win the game.  Leaving them 1:14 to come back and score was stupid, and what Washington did in that time demonstrated why it is stupid.

DiamondHogFan

Dallas did what they were supposed to do in that situation.  RUN THE BALL.  He shouldn't have gone out of bounds on the first run, but he was just trying to make a play and got pushed out of bounds which saved the Redskins a timeout.  The next run was up the middle, they just did it well enough to go for 7 yards and a TD.

It wasn't like they were throwing the ball trying to score.  They ran their offense in a conservative manner, but happened to score a TD in doing so.

But...the 54 yard field goal at the end won me a fantasy football matchup...so I'm pleased with how it played out.

TexHog188

What is really stupid is kicking the ball short and getting a face mask penalty on the ensuing kickoff, allowing the 'skins to start their drive on your side of the 50!
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: TexHog188 on December 08, 2015, 09:46:12 am
What is really stupid is kicking the ball short and getting a face mask penalty on the ensuing kickoff, allowing the 'skins to start their drive on your side of the 50!
Inadvertent facemasks not on the ball carrier are semi ridiculous calls at times.  I will say that I didn't pay a lot of attention to the facemask and it didn't look like much.  If on the ball carrier...fine. If the guy gets thrown to the grown by the facemask...fine. An accidental 2 second grab seems touchy.  Or just bring back the 5 yard facemask rule.  That should have never been a 15 yard penalty.

Some guys get mauled by stiff arms and it is applauded...

PorkRinds

I can see criticizing him for not staying in bounds.  But what's he supposed to do on that run up the middle?  Fall down when he sees the end zone coming?  Pretend he couldn't make it?  Not sure what his choice is besides "keep running until you're tackled".

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 08, 2015, 11:32:36 am
I can see criticizing him for not staying in bounds.  But what's he supposed to do on that run up the middle?  Fall down when he sees the end zone coming?  Pretend he couldn't make it?  Not sure what his choice is besides "keep running until you're tackled".

Take a knee on the 1 was what the radio geniuses were saying today. And say you don't make the field goal. Does everybody love the decision to not score a touchdown then?
[CENSORED]!

threeNout

I don't see how it's a HORRIBLE screw up going out of bounds, because he was going for a first down and almost made it.  A fresh set of downs means you can burn more clock.  As it turned out, 2nd and 1 all but guaranteed them a 1st down and a chance to run more clock.

If their strategy was 100% to kick a FG with as little time as possible, they should have just knelt three times, to the middle of the field.

Most teams, when they know they have the D on their heels are going to run it in for the sure thing, rather than risk a bad snap on a FG.

If all those experts say it was a mistake, OK, but I think they went on about it a little too much,

PorkRinds

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 08, 2015, 12:15:44 pm
Take a knee on the 1 was what the radio geniuses were saying today. And say you don't make the field goal. Does everybody love the decision to not score a touchdown then?

I'm not sure I've ever seen a RB take a knee at the one to avoid scoring a go ahead touchdown with a minute left.  Has that actually happened before?

Matt Burks

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 08, 2015, 12:26:46 pm
I'm not sure I've ever seen a RB take a knee at the one to avoid scoring a go ahead touchdown with a minute left.  Has that actually happened before?
I believe MJD did once while playing for the Jags.

threeNout

yes, I can't recall the game, but I know I've seen it at least once.

In that situation I recall, the team delaying to score still wouldn't be able to get a TD lead, so it made more sense.

That also made last night's situation a little different,  Dallas only risked a tie if they gave Washington too much time, and they had kept Washington out of the end zone all game, it took a series of mistakes from that point for the game to get tied.

WooPig90

Yes it has happened a few times but not much that I can remember. It was Dmac's boneheaded move of going out of bounds the play before that made the decision to run the clock out and kick a FG harder.

hoghevn

What is even MORE AMAZING - when you compile all the post on this topic and then discuss our strategy against Mississippi State - The SAME PEOPLE on here complaining about our strategy against Miss St are the SAME ones bitching about McFadden scoring too soon - and those complaining we should have scored a td regardless of the time - and visa/versa.

bitcher's and moaners - neither one have NO experience but know more than the coaches or anyone else......
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 08, 2015, 11:32:36 am

IF that is your strategy - and, it is defensible - then HAVE THE QB TAKE A KNEE.

I see all of this criticism of DMac, but this was a coaching mistake.  If you run the plays you did, the running back's job is to RUN.  Yes, I agree it would have been "smarter" to crumple up short of the out of bounds, or do dive to the right instead of stepping out of bounds.  But, if the next run had not been for a TD (it was second and 1), then you're right back to running the clock down to 3 seconds and kicking the FG. 

And, as has been pointed out here already, there were MANY (I was not among them, FWIW), that were all over our (Ark) coaches for NOT going for the TD late in the MSU game.  As we learned then, a seemingly "sure thing" isn't always so "sure" (yes, our kicker is not Bailey . . . but he was 48 for 48 on extra points and 6 for 7 inside of 30 yards when he lined up for that kick . . . and it appeared to be true and plenty high enough; it was a one person failure in the line that cost us that game).

Jackrabbit Hog

If memory serves, I believe Brian Mitchell, who had so many great years with the Redskins, did it for the Eagles late in his career.  Everybody raved about what a smart and unselfish play it was.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PorkRinds

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on December 08, 2015, 12:39:15 pm
IF that is your strategy - and, it is defensible - then HAVE THE QB TAKE A KNEE.

I see all of this criticism of DMac, but this was a coaching mistake.  If you run the plays you did, the running back's job is to RUN.  Yes, I agree it would have been "smarter" to crumple up short of the out of bounds, or do dive to the right instead of stepping out of bounds.  But, if the next run had not been for a TD (it was second and 1), then you're right back to running the clock down to 3 seconds and kicking the FG. 

And, as has been pointed out here already, there were MANY (I was not among them, FWIW), that were all over our (Ark) coaches for NOT going for the TD late in the MSU game.  As we learned then, a seemingly "sure thing" isn't always so "sure" (yes, our kicker is not Bailey . . . but he was 48 for 48 on extra points and 6 for 7 inside of 30 yards when he lined up for that kick . . . and it appeared to be true and plenty high enough; it was a one person failure in the line that cost us that game).

Exactly.  The COACH called a play for Dmac to hit the outside.  Any time you try to hit the edge, you've got a good shot at ending up out of bounds.  If they didn't want Dmac to score, don't feed him the ball.  Take the knee, like you said.  And unless they told him "don't go out of bounds" or "don't score here", he's just doing what players do. 

WooPig90

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 08, 2015, 12:47:24 pm
If memory serves, I believe Brian Mitchell, who had so many great years with the Redskins, did it for the Eagles late in his career.  Everybody raved about what a smart and unselfish play it was.

Brian Westbrook***

WooPig90

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 08, 2015, 12:48:59 pm
Exactly.  The COACH called a play for Dmac to hit the outside.  Any time you try to hit the edge, you've got a good shot at ending up out of bounds.  If they didn't want Dmac to score, don't feed him the ball.  Take the knee, like you said.  And unless they told him "don't go out of bounds" or "don't score here", he's just doing what players do.

Garrett said the play took him to the outside, wasnt necessarily called to bounce to the outside. And he also mentioned that he was supposed to stay in bounds..

PorkRinds

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 08, 2015, 12:50:54 pm
Garrett said the play took him to the outside, wasnt necessarily called to bounce to the outside. And he also mentioned that he was supposed to stay in bounds..

If that's the case, you can blame Dmac for that one.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 08, 2015, 12:49:52 pm
Brian Westbrook***

Thanks.  Knew it was one of those Brians.   

Redskins trivia for $500, Alex.

I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Jackrabbit Hog

....and the Westbrook play.

hog.goblin

In hindsight, DMAC going out of bounds saved the game for the Cowboys.  If he stays in bounds, scores on the next play, the Redskins win when they score with no time left on the clock.

I don't think Ark should have kicked a FG against MSU, and I don't think the Cowboys should have purposely stayed out of the end zone against the Skins.

jgphillips3

Quote from: hog.goblin on December 08, 2015, 01:07:40 pm
In hindsight, DMAC going out of bounds saved the game for the Cowboys.  If he stays in bounds, scores on the next play, the Redskins win when they score with no time left on the clock.

I don't think Ark should have kicked a FG against MSU, and I don't think the Cowboys should have purposely stayed out of the end zone against the Skins.

Agreed.

DeltaBoy

Cowboys finally won without Romo.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Nipsey Mussle

Yes, it's happened, but in better situations for it than that. After going out of bounds on the first play, the Redskins could've stopped the clock twice and been down 3 with 1 minute left. Stopping short is really only a smart play if you can run the time pretty much to the end. I'd rather be up 7, and allow the Skins to have 2 timeouts with a minute 15 than the alternative.

WooPig90

Quote from: BBsTheMan on December 08, 2015, 05:18:37 pm
Yes, it's happened, but in better situations for it than that. After going out of bounds on the first play, the Redskins could've stopped the clock twice and been down 3 with 1 minute left. Stopping short is really only a smart play if you can run the time pretty much to the end. I'd rather be up 7, and allow the Skins to have 2 timeouts with a minute 15 than the alternative.

If he didnt go out of bounds they would have had to use a timeout, next play another timeout after the first down and then 3 plays to run the clock all the way out and kick a FG with probably time expiring. But yes it is hard to just stop at the 1 when people are tackling you

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 08, 2015, 05:42:50 pm
If he didnt go out of bounds they would have had to use a timeout, next play another timeout after the first down and then 3 plays to run the clock all the way out and kick a FG with probably time expiring. But yes it is hard to just stop at the 1 when people are tackling you
I was talking about after he ran out of bounds. But yeah, if he doesn't run out of bounds, then it would be good strategy to stop at the goal line and run the clock to less than 30 seconds before they touch the ball again. If he didn't go out of bounds it wouldn't have been bad to score considering WASH hadn't scored a td all game.

Tyro3

I sort of looked at this thread, and I see people moaning and groaning about DMAC not going out of bounds so the boys could win the game, didn't they?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Tyro3 on December 08, 2015, 06:09:59 pm
I sort of looked at this thread, and I see people moaning and groaning about DMAC not going out of bounds so the boys could win the game, didn't they?
They did, indeed. Hogville never complains about wins...ever. Bball Hogs are favored by 2 tonight. There will be hell to pay if it's anything other than a 30 point win.

Soooie21

Quote from: hawgmasta on December 07, 2015, 11:56:38 pm
Agreed man; I'm so happy McFadden got this second chance even though the cowboys are reeling.

It is only because it is DMC and not Murray or Randle..some Dallas fans are still butt hurt they are not on the team..DMC plays his heart out and it is not enough for the Madden Football group...