Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dan Enos' dad just died

Started by hawgon, October 24, 2017, 02:21:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazorback500

I'm with you, Coach, as I recently lost my mom.Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

1highhog

Very sorry to hear about the passing of Coach Enos Dad, I still have my Dad, he is 84 years old now and he and my Mom are still huge hog fans and I still remember the day I truly became a hog fan was listening to a game on the radio with them.  They were never able to go to games while growing up and then when they got married and had my 2 brothers and myself they were way to poor to think about going to games, but no one has ever been as big a hog fans as they have been through out their lives, the house would truly shake when the Hogs made a great play and they both celebrated by hollering and jumping around and if the Refs screwed us, watch out!!!  I truly became a hog fan the year 1969, 6th of December.  I remember setting there and crying with my Mom after the Hogs lost the greatest game of the century to the despised horns, and then spending the next few weeks making sure to never speak of the Hogs to my Dad after this devastating loss, it affected him for such a longtime as every loss would, but nothing compared to that one.  My Dad is my rock that I lean on, my Google page that I now go to for the lessons he still teaches me after all of these years, my Dad is my marriage counselor, who else could I go to that could help me better than a man that's now been married to the same woman for 60 plus years?  I will be lost without my Dad and when I hear of someone losing theirs I truly appreciate every second I have mine. RIP Mr. Enos.

SemperFi

Very sad news. I wish him and his family all the best.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

smb

May God bless Enos family at their time of need.
GeorgiaHOG

PorkRinds

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 24, 2017, 08:18:22 pm
When he came to the presser on Monday we could tell he was really down. We thought it was because of the situation the offense is in. He never said a word about his dad. We didn't know a thing about it until today. The football SID apparently told him he could skip the presser. He would let us know what had happened. Enos did it anyway.

All class.

tolerati

Thoughts and Prayers for the Enos family.  May each one find peace and strength in God and each other at this difficult time.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

outlawhogeywells

As someone that lost both my parents within the last month I can feel for him.  Put's all things into perspective.  Prayers are with him and his family.   

BDSCT51

Sad news indeed. Condolences and prayers for you and your family Coach Dan. Some things just pale in comparison to the game of life. Hog Nation lifting you up in prayers for sure!
Bleeding Razorback Red

PorkRinds

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on October 25, 2017, 10:34:44 am
As someone that lost both my parents within the last month I can feel for him.  Put's all things into perspective.  Prayers are with him and his family.   

Man I'm sorry. That's gotta be tough.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 24, 2017, 04:36:24 pm
Lost mine a couple weeks ago. I hate hearing that bruh.

I'm now the oldest man in my direct line. Humbling.

Thanks dude. It's been a tough couple of weeks.

GunnerHawg70

Condolences and sincere prayers to the Enos family

sowmonella

Prayers for the Enos family. 
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

snoblind

Sad to hear.  Prayers for the family.

spiritof92

Quote from: goodguytex on October 24, 2017, 06:37:49 pm
Yeah... Prayers going up for Coach Enos family. My Dad was a huge Hog fan too. The last message I had of his voice was a voice mail from him on my landline phone while I was at work calling me to talk about the Hogs beating bama in basketball.

We blew them out that game. Stephen Hill I believe was playing in that game. And my Dad was very proud of those Scrappy Hogs. Stuff like that I will never forget. Not a day goes by I don't miss him. I wish he was still here so I could ask for advice, or just talk to him.

Life is very fragile, very short. Tell your loved ones you love them every chance you get. You never know when you may not get another chance. I would give almost anything to be able to tell my Dad I love him. Just once. But I can't.

Amen

JS22

DLUXHOG

October 25, 2017, 01:47:37 pm #65 Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 07:17:28 pm by DLUXHOG
I lost both of my parents in a 1 year time.   may God bless Dan Enos and his family with only the best of all good things.......................
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

PORKULATOR

Condolences Coach Enos. And prayers for comfort to the whole family
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Wayne Watson

Hate to hear.  Prayers to him and his family.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

SultanofSwine

Prayers for coach and his family

TXArcher

Up for Coach Enos, sad that it happened. Life is too short.

Hog1966

Sending prayers to Coach Enos and the family.

Rudy Baylor

When I lost my dad two years ago, we had not talked in 13 days.

I've got a screen shot of the phone record when we'd last talked, 13 days before, for over an hour

I'd trade that screen shot for one more conversation

Augustus

I lost my dad this past February, so I can relate.

Prayers up for the Enos Family.

kp72204

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 24, 2017, 08:18:22 pm
When he came to the presser on Monday we could tell he was really down. We thought it was because of the situation the offense is in. He never said a word about his dad. We didn't know a thing about it until today. The football SID apparently told him he could skip the presser. He would let us know what had happened. Enos did it anyway.
sheer class and you can tell people who have old souls, Dan Enos does...he gets it and I'm sure his Pop's couldn't be more proud of his son
The long Grey line will never fail our country.