Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What will you do....

Started by Sundog, October 24, 2017, 12:28:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HotlantaHog

I'll have a drink or two!

Then continue to go to three or four games a year ... Might try to avoid the Alabama game.

Tequilin' Time

I will scream about being offended,  demand my pacifier,  throw a tantrum and poop my diaper out of utter defiance, blah blah blah.

seriously,  I'll work, take care of my family and enjoy sports for what it is.

Doesn't mean I don't want to win any less that anyone else.  But it doesn't change my paycheck.

Ironhawg

October 24, 2017, 02:39:37 pm #52 Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 04:51:35 pm by Ironhawg
I will accept that Arkansas football will never amount to anything but a revenue generator for the UA and will find something else to do with my time until basketball and baseball seasons.

code red

Quote from: Sundog on October 24, 2017, 12:28:37 pm
when you realize that the BoT and Jeff Long weren't persuaded by pissed off fans and the threat of temper tantrums (banners, pitchforks, ads, message board banter etc...); and retain Bert in 2018?  What will you do, after your cock-sure pronouncements on this forum that Bert will be fired, get proven wrong?

I think he will be retained.  If I'm wrong, I'll CELEBRATE.
You guys with faith in Jeff Long firing Bert....what will you do if you are wrong?
Bret will hang himself.  If fans really think he stays after 0 SEC wins your nutts.  Will the assistant coaches stay?  No...they are not going to stay 1 year to be canned the next?  He will not win a conference game and he will be shown the door.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Vantage 8 dude

when you realize that the BoT and Jeff Long weren't persuaded by pissed off fans and the threat of temper tantrums (banners, pitchforks, ads, message board banter etc...); and retain Bert in 2018?  What will you do, after your cock-sure pronouncements on this forum that Bert will be fired, get proven wrong?

You guys with faith in Jeff Long firing Bert....what will you do if you are wrong?
Can't honestly say at this point. I will most certainly determine my own approach IF that time comes. I DO know that I will NOT abandon my love and support for the Hogs. My ultimate loyalty is to the university and the team, not to a particular set of coaches.

hogsanity

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 24, 2017, 01:08:22 pm
Make peace with dropping about 4K a year on a program that doesn't deserve it.

You are not dropping that on the program, you are dropping that on yourself. You have talked, quite eloquently, about the things you enjoy about a game weekend. The game is the reason to go to Fay, but you do a lot more there than just go to the game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

WilsonHog

Quote from: hogsanity on October 24, 2017, 03:30:12 pm
You are not dropping that on the program, you are dropping that on yourself. You have talked, quite eloquently, about the things you enjoy about a game weekend. The game is the reason to go to Fay, but you do a lot more there than just go to the game.

Hopefully that approach will change in three years. I've always used football as an outstanding reason to go to Fayetteville five or six times every fall. It has allowed me to see my children when they were students at UA, spend time in my favorite part of the world, etc. If I am able to move to NW Arkansas in three years, those reasons go away. At that point, it will become much more about winning and losing. If things remain as they are now, I'll divert my money and attention to Razorback baseball and basketball, sports Long hasn't screwed up.

3kgthog

Are they really going to play chicken with this fanbase? We may not have been the thing that got Nutt canned, but our unhappiness made things a lot harder for those in charge.

It may not cost millions, but there will be ticket cancellations if he's retained. There will be reduced donations. There will be folks backing out of NEZ commitments. There will be other coaches pointing out our lame duck coach to every recruit we're in on. There will be guys that transfer. There will be at least some frustration within the team.

Go ahead and push that snowball down the hill. Apathy and a cancer will spread like wildfire.

HardCore

I will finally have drop those Season Tickets and Donations.  Jeff has some of those Club Seats priced up (40% increase last year) there now to the point, that it is a fairly heavy financial burden.  I have to see some kind of "Real" path going forward in our program To cost justify that kind of financial strain.  Stagnation and/or Jeff's Feelings doesn't cut the mustard any longer at this new price point (for me anyway).
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

LZH

Quote from: hogsanity on October 24, 2017, 12:58:30 pm
I'll continue to come here and marvel at those who apparently have nothing else in life but Hog football.

....says the guy with 42,000 posts.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I'll continue to come here and marvel at those who apparently have nothing else in life but Hog football.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

I don't think Bret is going to get fired after the year, though I hope I'm wrong.

But let's not kid ourselves. After 9 months without football the optimism will return before next season. There will be posts about how our recruiting class finally got speed and "stars don't matter." Posts about how Kelley made the leap in spring ball and will take us to the next level. When some national media member picks Colorado State to beat us, there will be outrage on the board about how the media hates us and they are sleeping on Chase Hayden as the best back in the country. But then we will lose to someone we shouldn't and get blown out by others, and we'll be right back to where we are today.

Pork Twain

October 25, 2017, 07:32:37 am #62 Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 09:15:28 am by Pork Twain
Nothing different.  Hog sports are a thing I enjoy, not my life.  In order of importance, it is so far down my list of things that really matter and affect my day, that I will not lose any sleep.  I come on here mostly to bs and kill time while deployed.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Sundog

Yet, you have logged over 42,000 posts on here!!  LMMFAO.... Dude.

KlubhouseKonnected

I'll be concerned about 2019 and likely fish a couple extra saturdays in 2018.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hoglady

Be a step closer to the apathy I've been fighting like heck against.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

lumphog

phadedhawg

I will probably watch more Premier League futbol and a lot less Razorback football. 

But as someone above said, how else will they sell tickets if we don't have a coaching change?

DemiHOG

Be disappointed , thank goodness it's not life for most. Yellowstone will erupt and put us out of our misery anyway.

phadedhawg

Quote from: DemiHOG on October 25, 2017, 03:31:45 pm
Be disappointed , thank goodness it's not life for most. Yellowstone will erupt and put us out of our misery anyway.

I got a source in Wyoming who says it's a done deal

DemiHOG

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: LZH on October 25, 2017, 07:10:17 am
....says the guy with 42,000 posts.

That's an average of more than 9 posts a day...every day....for over 12 years....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

TushCrush

Bring back the ding ding machine!

cityhog

nothing different. I haven't watched a single game this season.OK doing that again next year too.

Cartoon Man

Heard today the board is 5to5 on firing Long.  Long knows he needs to make this right.