Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

On the 79 yard read option TD pass by Mond

Started by nwahogfan1, September 25, 2017, 05:34:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

I realize we were in a zone and we screwed up by biting on the QB scramble but goodness guys when you allow the QB to get out of the pocket and to scramble this happens.  You can not guard WRs especially in ZONE for 4+ seconds with young players.  Someone will screw up.

SO,  Why do we not rush 5 players?  I mean disguise your blitzes from all over the field from different positions and put allot of pressure on a Freshman QB to get the ball out of his hands much quicker. Put him on his back a few times and see how he reacts.

Squinky The Curse

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 25, 2017, 05:34:29 am
I realize we were in a zone and we screwed up by biting on the QB scramble but goodness guys when you allow the QB to get out of the pocket and to scramble this happens.  You can not guard WRs especially in ZONE for 4+ seconds with young players.  Someone will screw up.

SO,  Why do we not rush 5 players?  I mean disguise your blitzes from all over the field from different positions and put allot of pressure on a Freshman QB to get the ball out of his hands much quicker. Put him on his back a few times and see how he reacts.

Which play are you referring to? The 81 yard TD pass to Christian Kirk?

https://streamable.com/y7hzj

There was no read option or even any play-action on this play, it was a basic dropback pass where Mond ended up rolling away from pressure, and Kirk converted his curl route in the scramble drill.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Piggfoot

Quote from: Squinky The Curse on September 25, 2017, 06:07:54 am

There was no read option or even any play-action on this play, it was a basic dropback pass where Mond ended up rolling away from pressure, and Kirk converted his curl route in the scramble drill.
Quote from: Squinky The Curse on September 25, 2017, 06:07:54 am

So basically our Safety blew the coverage.
I don't know who our fastest DB is but I would think that player should cover their fastest receiver, perhaps by switching coverage between the Safety and Corner.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Piggfoot on September 27, 2017, 09:24:05 am
I don't know who our fastest DB is but I would think that player should cover their fastest receiver, perhaps by switching coverage between the Safety and Corner.

Idk the exact player package on the field, but what was obvious was toliver was on an island, his wr blocked him very well, once moms got to the "second level" Liddell had to come from the other side of the field to run him down but didn't get to him till the 10 yard line.  So I'm not sure if we were in a one safety package and Liddell didn't get deep enough, but on the wrong side, or what.  But he was in coverage on the field side of the play where the majority of WR were

Josh Goforth

It was a 2 safety look and Liddell jumped the underneath route and left his deep 1/4

MrKlem10

Quote from: Josh Goforth on September 27, 2017, 12:29:46 pm
It was a 2 safety look and Liddell jumped the underneath route and left his deep 1/4

Deep In crossed his face...Should not have chased it, especially when the QB scrambled out of the pocket. 

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Piggfoot on September 27, 2017, 09:24:05 am

Nobody's fast enough on a blown coverage... which is the real problem.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on September 27, 2017, 12:40:54 pm
Nobody's fast enough on a blown coverage... which is the real problem.

Except Neon Dion
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.