Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Victor Dukes

Started by -Blu, August 13, 2014, 09:45:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Was offered by SMU today.  Says Arkansas is his favorite though.

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/1433538.html?

Still saying on ESPN he's a 4-star recruit, his offer list includes Arkansas, UCLA, Michigan, Oklahoma State, plus Texas A&M, Baylor, Oregon State and Marquette, and now SMU.

Is this legit?

poloprince

This is quite interesting if i do say so myself.
$PoLoPrInCe$

-Blu

Quote from: poloprince on August 13, 2014, 09:58:11 pm
This is quite interesting if i do say so myself.

My thoughts as well.  I'm not going to say too much because I don't want to start rumors or slander a kid, all I'll say is I'm interested to get more info on this story, last I seen Dukes was posting on twitter looking for a team, now a SMU offer.  Also, said he averaged 14 ppg this summer playing alongside Malik Monk...

ricepig

Quote from: -Blu on August 13, 2014, 10:04:14 pm
My thoughts as well.  I'm not going to say too much because I don't want to start rumors or slander a kid, all I'll say is I'm interested to get more info on this story, last I seen Dukes was posting on twitter looking for a team, now a SMU offer.  Also, said he averaged 14 ppg this summer playing alongside Malik Monk...

He didn't even average 14 minutes a game.

http://www.d1circuit.com/stats/team_instance/707956?subseason=148178&tab=team_instance_player_stats&tool=985828

rzrbackramsfan

Idk about that kid... Haha

-Blu

Quote from: ricepig on August 13, 2014, 10:15:54 pm
He didn't even average 14 minutes a game.

http://www.d1circuit.com/stats/team_instance/707956?subseason=148178&tab=team_instance_player_stats&tool=985828

Trust me, I know.... I watched Wings games this summer, I'm just telling you what the article said.

Adam Stokes

Haha.  I swear there were some paragraphs in there that I thought I was reading an Onion article.  Nevertheless, congrats on the SMU offer and keep working hard!

ricepig

Quote from: -Blu on August 13, 2014, 10:22:52 pm
Trust me, I know.... I watched Wings games this summer, I'm just telling you what the article said.

Oh, I understand, I wonder where he is playing high school?

Hawg Red

I absolutely do NOT believe he has offers to any of those schools.

-Blu

Quote from: ricepig on August 13, 2014, 10:34:38 pm
Oh, I understand, I wonder where he is playing high school?

No Clue.

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 13, 2014, 10:54:45 pm
I absolutely do NOT believe he has offers to any of those schools.

The SMU offer has to be legit right?  I mean an SMU writer did do a story on it, he wouldn't do a story without following up with the school first, would he?

Hawg Red

August 13, 2014, 11:04:23 pm #11 Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:17:27 pm by Hawg Red
I would be shocked if Larry Brown offered this kid a scholarship.

Don't know who the writer is or how credible his work is. But some reporters just take a kid's word for it and go with it.

RazorAg

Will be interesting to see how things shake out

makiavelli

So this guy is going to commit to a school without them knowing is what everyone is saying? How does this stuff still happen
Wally Hall is an angry lil guy

Hawg Red

Quote from: makiavelli on August 14, 2014, 10:01:09 am
So this guy is going to commit to a school without them knowing is what everyone is saying? How does this stuff still happen

He really could have all these offers. I certainly don't know. I just would be shocked. I've been shocked several thousand times in my life, though.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: RazorAg on August 14, 2014, 06:55:38 am
Will be interesting to see how things shake out

I know you don't want to get to personal, but what are your thoughts on this?
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

20gauge

Heard he will finish out highschool at Monks old school.

ricepig

Quote from: 20gauge on August 14, 2014, 10:58:54 am

If true, I hope Mackenzie knows what he is getting.

RazorAg

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on August 14, 2014, 10:17:46 am
I know you don't want to get to personal, but what are your thoughts on this?

Don't feel comfortable going further than just saying his recruitment and whole situation around basketball have been very, very odd.

Swinesong1

I find it weird, strange and sad that adults are seemingly wishing bad things on a kid!  Why are y'all taking his recruitment so personally?

Hawg Red

Quote from: Swinesong1 on August 14, 2014, 12:59:30 pm
I find it weird, strange and sad that adults are seemingly wishing bad things on a kid!  Why are y'all taking his recruitment so personally?

I'm interested to see you point out one even remote example of either of those statements in this thread.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 14, 2014, 01:03:34 pm
I'm interested to see you point out one even remote example of either of those statements in this thread.
ok Dogtown

WriterWrong

Quote from: Adam Stokes on August 13, 2014, 10:32:48 pm
Haha.  I swear there were some paragraphs in there that I thought I was reading an Onion article.  Nevertheless, congrats on the SMU offer and keep working hard!

Quote"Dukes also had this to about SMU's end to last season, "still think they got screwed out of the tournament too."

"Dukes said. "Just doesn't like to pass but I loved playing with him."

"Honestly a lot of people were on to me locally before the dunk. The dunk just put my name out there on a national level," Dukes said."

"Dukes said he's a slasher, who can score from pretty much anywhere."

"I get Vince Carter comparisons all the time. I hate it though," Dukes said. "Me and Vince are actually good friends off the court. We work out together when he's off, but I really just want to be my own guy. Not the next somebody. Plus everybody says we play alike and I don't see it."

Shenanigans.

Big Nasty 34

Hangs out with Vince carter.... Uh ok hahaha

-Blu

Quote from: Swinesong1 on August 14, 2014, 12:59:30 pm

Didn't mean to start the thread to give that impression, anytime a kid can get his school paid for and make a better life for himself I'm all for it.  I was hoping that someone maybe knew more about his situation and could shed some light.  I hadn't heard much on him.  He is said to have a ton of high major offers, yet, hasn't been a single article or scouting report released this summer on him, until now.  You see another 4-star like Jimmy Whitt or Kevaughn Allen and they have a new article up about them almost every other day, just seems odd.

3dawghawg

Is this the kid who played at Nettleton as a soph and was great but then as a Jr would not work and finally was dismissed from the team?

Hawg Red

Quote from: 3dawghawg on August 14, 2014, 03:53:46 pm
Is this the kid who played at Nettleton as a soph and was great but then as a Jr would not work and finally was dismissed from the team?

Yes.

The same kid that had the dunk that was all over SportsCenter.

3dawghawg

He has the ability to really get up on the boards

klp1

Quote from: 3dawghawg on August 14, 2014, 04:04:49 pm
He has the ability to really get up on the boards

He claims, on twitter, to have a 46 inch vertical jump. 

Ironhawg

Was he dismissed from Jonesboro too?

sunalmighty79

Espn does have him listed as a 4 star, for what it's worth

makiavelli

Id like to announce that I have offers from every D1 school and have a 93 inch vertical. Dreamworld is fun!
Wally Hall is an angry lil guy

hs6

Saw on Twitter a couple of weeks ago that he stated he was returning to Jonesboro.

Hawg Red

Very encouraging if Swift took him back at JHS. Best place for him to be, really.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 14, 2014, 09:02:22 pm
Very encouraging if Swift took him back at JHS. Best place for him to be, really.

I'll check on it, I agree that Swift would be the best for his game and maturity.

WBC Hog

Quote from: hs6 on August 14, 2014, 08:55:25 pm
Saw on Twitter a couple of weeks ago that he stated he was returning to Jonesboro.

Beat me to it. I was told he got kicked off Nettleton's team for not showing up to a game and having several other issues whether it be skipping practice, etc. McCord gave him numerous opportunities to remain on the team and the young man pushed his coach to have to kick him off the team. He told his coach "I don't need y'all anyways, I'll go play for Jonesboro."

ricepig

Quote from: WBC Hog on August 14, 2014, 09:17:54 pm
Beat me to it. I was told he got kicked off Nettleton's team for not showing up to a game and having several other issues whether it be skipping practice, etc. McCord gave him numerous opportunities to remain on the team and the young man pushed his coach to have to kick him off the team. He told his coach "I don't need y'all anyways, I'll go play for Jonesboro."

Well, school starts Monday, he'll be somewhere.

cowboyhog

He wasnt great. Cant shoot much, and can only go to his right.
GO HOGS!!!GO COWBOYS!!!

cowboyhog

EPC...East Pothead County
GO HOGS!!!GO COWBOYS!!!