Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pit Barrel Smoker

Started by BDSCT51, March 29, 2015, 05:37:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BDSCT51

At the risk of being smited into oblivion............................ Looking for any opinions/comments, good or bad, on the Pit Barrel Smoker. I know this is an egghead crowd and I've admired those and offsets for a VERY long time. I really feel my meager skills in this area would be better served by a less expensive unit till I gain some mad dog smoking skills. Primary use will be for low volume backyard family type cooks once or twice a week.

I have done a ton of internet research and talked to a few people that have used one. They all share a common theme that it is easy to use and can produce incredible backyard results AFTER a six to twelve unit consumption of barley pop. I'm into finer scotch and bourbon so this sounded right up my alley.

I did a detailed look at this unit and the Weber WSM. They both seemed about equal but the WSM may have needed a bit more work/effort to get consistent results. Any and all comments/opinions appreciated.
Bleeding Razorback Red

ImHogginIt

I have the 18 inch WSM and love it but wish now I would have gotten the 22 inch so i didn't have to cut my ribs to get the racks to fit.

tophawg19

Go WSM . i know a bunch of folks with them that love em. most use them really often and some of them have 3 or 4 different types but use the WSM the most
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

BDSCT51

Appreciate the input, thanks!
Bleeding Razorback Red