Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC NETWORK KENTUCKY BIAS

Started by skinnypig, September 28, 2017, 11:45:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

skinnypig

Once again the SECN  will air all preseason basketball activities for Kentucky.  While not airing any of the other teams preseason games.  with the SEC main channel an alt. channel
and SEC+ they could easily broadcast every team's.  imagine recruiting a kid and telling them even 4 of you practices will be on tv for the NBA scouts to watch, only Kentucky can say that.  I know people will say it is because of ratings, but airing Big Blue Madness and the Blue/White game is just laughable. :puke:

East TN HAWG

They air games that people watch.  You call it bias; they call it ratings. 

Hogs49ers

Quote from: skinnypig on September 28, 2017, 11:45:35 am
Once again the SECN  will air all preseason basketball activities for Kentucky.  While not airing any of the other teams preseason games.  with the SEC main channel an alt. channel
and SEC+ they could easily broadcast every team's.  imagine recruiting a kid and telling them even 4 of you practices will be on tv for the NBA scouts to watch, only Kentucky can say that.  I know people will say it is because of ratings, but airing Big Blue Madness and the Blue/White game is just laughable. :puke:

I usually get kind of upset when I hear about how biased ESPN or SEC network is and how much they hate Arkansas or about how much they love the bluebloods like UK, but even I can admit that I think this is a completely unfair advantage for airing their practices and always bringing Coach Calipari up on set.  The rich get richer.
SCREW Vandy!

King Kong

LRHawg

I have a feeling it's all about to come crashing down for UK.

TexArkHogFan

UK in basketball and Bama and Tenner in football from Day One.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

1highhog

Quote from: LRHawg on September 28, 2017, 01:31:55 pm
I have a feeling it's all about to come crashing down for UK.

I doubt it, while we have seen the likes of Auburn, Louisville, USC, etc., they are not huge fish in the College basketball world like Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina.  Sure, Louisville has won big in the past but they are not as big as the 3 I just mentioned, and I don't think we will ever see any of those 3 implicated either.

LRHawg

Quote from: 1highhog on September 28, 2017, 05:06:03 pm
I doubt it, while we have seen the likes of Auburn, Louisville, USC, etc., they are not huge fish in the College basketball world like Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina.  Sure, Louisville has won big in the past but they are not as big as the 3 I just mentioned, and I don't think we will ever see any of those 3 implicated either.

If it were the NCAA doing the investigating, I would agree. However, the FBI and probably eventually the IRS ain't playing.