Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sorry, but yet another Chavis Thread

Started by FANONTHEHILL, January 09, 2018, 12:27:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogmolar

In Chavis press conference today he seemed to stress that Coach Morris HUNH offense focus on running the ball which is different than a lot. I was curious if that was aimed at past employee.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hogmolar on January 10, 2018, 07:58:43 pm
In Chavis press conference today he seemed to stress that Coach Morris HUNH offense focus on running the ball which is different than a lot. I was curious if that was aimed at past employee.

C'mon man....geez.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hoglady

January 10, 2018, 08:01:43 pm #52 Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:14:22 pm by hoglady
Quote from: hogmolar on January 10, 2018, 07:58:43 pm

In a around about way - no DC wants theirdefense on the field too much.
And I think that's why Chavis struggled at the Aggies. Defense on the field for too many plays.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hoglady on January 10, 2018, 07:53:04 pm
Still a better situation than what we've watched the last 2 years.
No QB pressure, no risk taking and still giving up the big play.

Part of the problem this last year at A&M for Chavis was that the team offense ran just 5.2 plays (avg) p/drive for an average per drive of 28.7 yards. The Chavis defense was on the field longer each drive at A&M but gave up the same average of 28.7 yards p/drive. Your offense has to give you more help than that. Our own offense averaged 5.8 plays and 32.2 yards p/drive last season and we thought they stunk it up a lot of the time. Our offense last year would have given a Chavis defense a better chance than A&M's offense gave him. I suspect that we will see improvement on defense, even if it is incremental in the first season.
Go Hogs Go!