Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We lost a good one 3 years ago today RIP Stuart Scott

Started by DeltaBoy, January 05, 2018, 01:56:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

shshark00

It's been 3. Sure doesn't feel that long though. Definitely miss that personality. One of the greatest ESPY speeches ever too.

Ā 

010HogFan

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: shshark00 on January 05, 2018, 02:07:23 pm
It's been 3. Sure doesn't feel that long though. Definitely miss that personality. One of the greatest ESPY speeches ever too.

It's hard to believe it's been 3 years. Man, how time flies.

IronHog

I remember when people watched guys like him on ESPN
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Cotton

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Sho Nuff

Stuart was the best!  He was also a tremendous human being. 

Smalltownhog95

Used to watch him every day before school cuz he was COOLER THAN THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PILLOW!
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

HamboFirstBlood

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

That dude put the soul into sportscasting... He was an explosion onto the scene when I was in my teens. I remember when I heard him say, "Jordan just throws up a 3; Bu-yow! Cool as the other side of the pillow"... or some such. Anyway, the guy just flat out changed the whole damn thing for the better..! Period...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

Sho Nuff

Quote from: pigz on January 05, 2018, 04:16:27 pm
Espn used to have the best commercials
Yes!  I especially liked the one where Charlie Steiner has his necktie around his head screaming "Follow me to freedom"

Ā 

stronguard

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 05, 2018, 02:50:03 pm
Your opinion. Stuart Scott is a legend.

your opinion.  Stuart Scott and his lazy eye were meh
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Porky McGee

Quote from: Sho Nuff on January 05, 2018, 04:45:40 pm
Yes!  I especially liked the one where Charlie Steiner has his necktie around his head screaming "Follow me to freedom"
Charlie Steiner is the GOAT. Stuart Scott was awesome as well

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: stronguard on January 05, 2018, 04:48:08 pm
Momma and daddy didn't teach you what couth was I see.

Tortfeasor

In a way he made Sportscenter so much better. I also think ESPN was overall better back then.

Sho Nuff

Are you making a failed attempt at humor or are you just a bad person?

stronguard

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Even if you don't care for him professionally, using a thread remembering him for dying too young is probably not the best place to put your insults.

stronguard

Quote from: Sho Nuff on January 05, 2018, 08:08:43 pm
Are you making a failed attempt at humor or are you just a bad person?

Telling the truth makes you a bad person?   If you believe that, you might want to switch your avi back to Hillary.

k.c.hawg

The "lazy eye" was the result of his cancer you f'ng pos.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Ā 

311Hog

Quote from: stronguard on January 08, 2018, 10:50:33 am
Telling the truth makes you a bad person?   If you believe that, you might want to switch your avi back to Hillary.

i guess when we are posting in your obituary thread we will remember this, oh wait no one gives a shiet who you are lol.

stronguard

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 08, 2018, 10:50:40 am
The "lazy eye" was the result of his cancer you f'ng pos.

So.  It was still annoying, not as annoying as "BOOYAH" but annoying nonetheless.  Maybe radio wouldve been a better option.

k.c.hawg

I'm sure you are annoyed by all people that have a physical reaction from a long courageous fight against a terrible disease. I pray you never have to support a person or the person you love most and watch their display of courage while you see them getting eaten alive by a killer disease. God bless you.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

stronguard

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 08, 2018, 10:55:32 am
I'm sure you are annoyed by all people that have a physical reaction from a long courageous fight against a terrible disease. I pray you never have to support a person or the person you love most and watch their display of courage while you see them getting eaten alive by a killer disease. God bless you.

Only the ones on TV.  And I already have, we laughed about it, til the bitter end. It was the only way that cancer wouldn't win. No regrets from this POS that God has already blessed. 

hoglady

A public fight against cancer with courage and grace.
And ESPN was a much better product with him than without.

RIP Stuart - you are still missed.

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: stronguard on January 08, 2018, 10:52:43 am
So.  It was still annoying, not as annoying as "BOOYAH" but annoying nonetheless.  Maybe radio wouldve been a better option.
Human garbage folks.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: stronguard on January 08, 2018, 10:59:51 am
Only the ones on TV.  And I already have, we laughed about it, til the bitter end. It was the only way that cancer wouldn't win. No regrets from this POS that God has already blessed. 

Apparently there is nothing that can prevent you from ridiculing someone that has suffered a physical impairment caused by a terrible disease.

311Hog

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 08, 2018, 11:06:51 am
Apparently there is nothing that can prevent you from ridiculing someone that has suffered a physical impairment caused by a terrible disease.

very Trumpian.

stronguard

Quote from: 311Hog on January 08, 2018, 10:52:21 am
i guess when we are posting in your obituary thread we will remember this, oh wait no one gives a shiet who you are lol.

Why would I care if people knew who I was?  Are you one of those who think fame makes your life more valid or worthwhile?  I think that may be the issue Im running into in this thread.  Stuart may have been a tough fighter of cancer, but that didn't make him a good broadcaster.  I think he was average...meh.  That caused a lot of butthurt around here, which seems to be the general direction of the board. 

311Hog

Quote from: stronguard on January 08, 2018, 11:10:55 am
Why would I care if people knew who I was?  Are you one of those who think fame makes your life more valid or worthwhile?  I think that may be the issue Im running into in this thread.  Stuart may have been a tough fighter of cancer, but that didn't make him a good broadcaster.  I think he was average...meh.  That caused a lot of butthurt around here, which seems to be the general direction of the board. 

no it is called human decency even if this was a thread about average joe arkansas fan that someone was memorializing to come into it and say what you are saying is classless.  I am saying if this is how you are in real life i would expect a small funeral.

010HogFan

Quote from: stronguard on January 08, 2018, 11:10:55 am

Wow.

MountainHomeHogger

k.c.hawg

Philip Seaton

010HogFan

Quote from: Philip Seaton on January 08, 2018, 01:43:15 pm
No, we lost a legend a few weeks ago in Dick Enberg. Scott was good but no different than any other sports anchor.

Agree to disagree. He pushed boundaries that hadn't been crossed and everyone knows who he was, even those with no interest in sports. Pretty legendary in my eyes.

Smalltownhog95

Why the hell do a bunch of internet tough guy's feel the need to criticize a man who fought a courageous fight and people like to remember him for that? Kick rocks. Whether you liked him as a sports anchor or not, thats someones father/husband/son and you are scum.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Quote from: Philip Seaton on January 08, 2018, 01:43:15 pm
No, we lost a legend a few weeks ago in Dick Enberg. Scott was good but no different than any other sports anchor.
Enberg was 82. Still a little young, but a full life. Scott was 49 with two young kids. That's different than "any other sports anchor."

JethroB.

Quote from: Sho Nuff on January 05, 2018, 04:45:40 pm

One of my favs is where Scott Van Pelt had Lebron's "throne" and any time Lebron would ask if he'd seen it he would deny it.

JethroB.

hogcards

Don't remember him.  Was he one of these guys from ESPN that screamed out slogans and whatnot when an athlete did something good?
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

BorderPatrol

Quote from: hogcards on January 08, 2018, 04:39:19 pm
Don't remember him.  Was he one of these guys from ESPN that screamed out slogans and whatnot when an athlete did something good?

And you are so full of shite.

bp

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

kp72204

He was very entertaining. I believe if he was still alive he would have been able to make the first few rounds of lay-offs ESPN has been having.

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Kevin on January 08, 2018, 10:51:14 am
one of the last great sports anchors

I agree it just painful watch most ESPN shows now days.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.