Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Absolute Chaos

Started by TheRazrHog, November 06, 2011, 02:13:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazrHog

In any case if we win out, Stanford loses to Oregon next week, and OU defeats OSU in bedlam, the BCS would have to decide between at least 5 teams who to send to the BCSNCG....

12-1 Oregon (Pac-12 champs) but lost to LSU
12-1 Arkansas, LSU, or Alabama (SEC Champs) only losses to each other
11-1 Arkansas, LSU, Alabama
11-1 Oklahoma (Big XII champs) lost to TTU
11-1 Oklahoma State (Big XII runner-up) lost to OU
11-1 Stanford (Pac-12 runner-up) lost to Oreg
12-0 Boise (MWC champs) ....still in discussion

The definition of chaos.

OptimusHog

Jon Ham

Quote from: TheRazrHog on November 06, 2011, 02:13:23 pm
In any case if we win out, Stanford loses to Oregon next week, and OU defeats OSU in bedlam, the BCS would have to decide between at least 5 teams who to send to the BCSNCG....

The definition of chaos.

I say it would be the SEC champ v. Oregon or Oklahoma, probably Oklahoma. I would hate that though since OU wouldn't have had to play a conference championship game and would have lost to an unranked team at home, but I think that's how it plays out.

urkillnmesmalls

The definition of chaos.

Shouldn't you add a 12-0 Stanford in there just for good measure?  Where are you guys getting these crystal balls?  I want one... 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Rocktownhog

Should be SEC vs SEC. Doubt it happens, but hard to argue that it shouldn't be.
GO HOGS!

Beaverfever

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 06, 2011, 03:18:03 pm
Shouldn't you add a 12-0 Stanford in there just for good measure?  Where are you guys getting these crystal balls?  I want one... 
His point is how messy this will get if just a few more teams lose.  Could be looking at a lot of one loss teams. 

BorderPatrol

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 06, 2011, 03:18:03 pm

Maybe you should stick to glasses first before worrying about the crystal balls....read his post...

bp

FANONTHEHILL

What drives you crazy is you look at that list of teams, and there is a BCS spot held for whoever wins the Big (L)East.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 06, 2011, 03:21:55 pm
His point is how messy this will get if just a few more teams lose.  Could be looking at a lot of one loss teams.

Ahh...I should have paid more attention.  Hmm...where have I heard that before? 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: BorderPatrol on November 06, 2011, 03:22:18 pm
Maybe you should stick to glasses first before worrying about the crystal balls....read his post...

bp

Hey, I already wear glasses.  That's not the problem.  My pay-attentioner is broken.   :)

urkillnmesmalls

The definition of chaos.

In that scenario, if they choose anyone over an SEC team with the recent NC history, then they are doing it simply to support change.  Sadly, if Arkansas were to end up being the representative that is the most eligible, then we would unfortunately be the most likely team to be left out.  That gets back to reputation, tradition, and pre-season rankings. 

GoHogs1091

Well, another aspect that would cause chaos is if Oklahoma State and Stanford loses a game, and if Penn State wins out (including winning the Big 10 Conference Championship game).  Penn State does have a tough 3 game stretch remaining, but Penn State does have a very good Defense (just ask Paul Petrino, who utilizes basically the same Offense as Bobby).  If Penn State wins out, they will have only 1 loss which occurred way back in Week 2 (which was a loss to Alabama, but they played Alabama tougher than we did, and tougher than anyone else has until last Night).

Another aspect that would cause chaos is if Georgia (who probably will be in the SEC Championship Game) wins the SEC Championship Game.  That would mean a 2 Loss Georgia Team would probably go to the Sugar Bowl. 

xHawgWyldex

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 06, 2011, 03:46:28 pm
Well, another aspect that would cause chaos is if Oklahoma State and Stanford loses a game, and if Penn State wins out (including winning the Big 10 Conference Championship game).  Penn State does have a tough 3 game stretch remaining, but Penn State does have a very good Defense (just ask Paul Petrino, who utilizes basically the same Offense as Bobby).  If Penn State wins out, they will have only 1 loss which occurred way back in Week 2 (which was a loss to Alabama, but they played Alabama tougher than we did, and tougher than anyone else has until last Night).

Another aspect that would cause chaos is if Georgia (who probably will be in the SEC Championship Game) wins the SEC Championship Game.  That would mean a 2 Loss Georgia Team would probably go to the Sugar Bowl. 

If UGA wins the SECCG that means Boise St would get in to the big game, all the SECW get left out of any BCS games.

Please never speak of that scenario again.