Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB going to be on.......

Started by razorhead5, September 10, 2014, 06:49:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhead5

Paul Finebaum tomorrow ....I would have a hard time not giving Paul a few choice words!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pickwick Hog

Shock jock drumming up business. Finebaum has been doing it for years.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

popcornhog

Quote from: Pickwick Hog on September 10, 2014, 06:53:03 pm
Shock jock drumming up business. Finebaum has been doing it for years.

Predicting the 2014 hogs to miss a bowl game isn't exactly shock jock material.
WPS

razorhead5

Quote from: popcornhog on September 10, 2014, 06:59:44 pm
Predicting the 2014 hogs to miss a bowl game isn't exactly shock jock material.

It would make my year to see us give his beloved Bama...one heck of a game this year.

"A glorified high school team is Arkansas"

"Arkansas hasn't had a run game since the 80's"

"Arkansas has weakness across the board"

"They will win 3 games".      -Paul Finebaum

cosmodrum

He also goes on Bo's show and says he likes CBB and that he's a good coach and he'll have us back.
Go away, batin'

razorhead5

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 10, 2014, 07:15:45 pm
He also goes on Bo's show and says he likes CBB and that he's a good coach and hell have us back.

I don't care what he says on Bo's show....this is what was said on the SEC network....huge difference.

cosmodrum

Quote from: razorhead5 on September 10, 2014, 07:18:05 pm
I don't care what he says on Bo's show....this is what was said on the SEC network....huge difference.

Calm down. I'm just saying don't take anything he says as his actual opinion. He's real world troll.
Go away, batin'

razorhead5

I am calm...just stating an opinion... This guy is paid by the SEC to cover us not negate us....let's not forget we ultimately pay his salary.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 10, 2014, 07:15:45 pm
He also goes on Bo's show and says he likes CBB and that he's a good coach and he'll have us back.

lol, how does this dude even have a show

Piggfoot

Quote from: razorhead5 on September 10, 2014, 07:27:23 pm
I am calm...just stating an opinion... This guy is paid by the SEC to cover us not negate us....let's not forget we ultimately pay his salary.
[/quote

Uh no i believe the SEC pays us. This guy is a homer and loves a winner like the
" If you are a winner I love the Hogs fans".
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

The Boar War

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 10, 2014, 08:50:15 pm
lol, how does this dude even have a show

What are you talking about?  Im not sure I could make it through every day without all four hours of the Finebaum show.  Somehow shortening the tv broadcast of his radio show to two hours would be a crime against humanity.

Seebs

Next time I listen to Paul Finebaum will be the first time I listen to Paul Finebaum.  I somehow believe I am a better person because of this fact.

If you don't read or listen it will go away. This seems to work for everything in media except for Wally Hall - no idea how he keeps getting recycled on the Buzz. I'm perplexed.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: razorhead5 on September 10, 2014, 07:06:53 pm
It would make my year to see us give his beloved Bama...one heck of a game this year.

SO "Arkansas hasn't had a run game since the 80's"? I'm going to assume the moron who said this is none other than P.F.. In any event, someone obviously forgot to inform ESPN who famously named the Hogs "Running Back U" of the 2000s. Heck, even in Alabama (or wherever) that comes later than the 1980's. Typical d.a. comment.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The Boar War on September 10, 2014, 09:19:31 pm
What are you talking about?  Im not sure I could make it through every day without all four hours of the Finebaum show.  Somehow shortening the tv broadcast of his radio show to two hours would be a crime against humanity.
You truly have my sincere condolences and sympathy if you can't make it through every day without four hours of the Finebaum show. You truly are man in need of a LOT of things in this life.

The Boar War

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 10, 2014, 09:25:52 pm
You truly have my sincere condolences and sympathy if you can't make it through every day without four hours of the Finebaum show. You truly are man in need of a LOT of things in this life.

I tried.  I really tried to make it on three hours.  I woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat and the only relief was watching the final hours I secretly dvr'ed throughout the week.  The Paul Finebaum show is ruining my marriage. 
But the show is so compelling.

I have no problem believing that a partnership between the best conference and the worldwide leader in sports can't come up with a better product than broadcasting all four hours of a radio call in show.

code red

What is wrong with what Finebaum is saying???  Nothing because it is legitamate.  The Hogs may well be the 13th best team in the league.  Kentucky look pretty dang good vs. a Ohio team this weekend.  Tennessee looks good and is playing 2 handfuls of freshman.  Ole Miss, LSU, Auburn, Bama, Georgia are NOT winnable games for Arkansas....they just aren't.  This weekend is huge...huge...huge for the growth of this program. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HogFanatic

Paul Finebaum is a fag (is that word acceptable here?). He isn't even an Alabama homer, as much as people want to believe he is. He is just a dude who is riding on the shoulders of giants and shouting down at everyone else from such a lofty perch.

In real life I would probably punch the dude straight in his throat and then laugh because he couldn't talk crap on everyone else for a few days.

OnYourToes

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

DeltaBoy

September 11, 2014, 02:04:35 pm #18 Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 02:22:41 pm by DeltaBoy
Quote from: razorhead5 on September 10, 2014, 06:49:44 pm
Paul Finebaum tomorrow ....I would have a hard time not giving Paul a few choice words!

CBB needs to sic Jen on him.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

popcornhog

So let's prove him wrong.

When did he say we haven't had a run game since the 80's?
WPS

gchamblee

Quote from: razorhead5 on September 10, 2014, 07:27:23 pm

This is your justification for demanding him pump sunshine while trying to remain credible on a show that is rooted in opinion? Dude, your feelings are getting hurt too easy. I dont find anything he has said offensive. People will change their words once we change the scores.

popcornhog

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on September 11, 2014, 01:53:27 pm
Paul Finebaum is a fag (is that word acceptable here?). He isn't even an Alabama homer, as much as people want to believe he is. He is just a dude who is riding on the shoulders of giants and shouting down at everyone else from such a lofty perch.

In real life I would probably punch the dude straight in his throat and then laugh because he couldn't talk crap on everyone else for a few days.

I don't think that word is acceptable anywhere. Except maybe in Alabama, Mississippi, or in 1950.
WPS

HogFanatic

Quote from: popcornhog on September 11, 2014, 02:21:23 pm
I don't think that word is acceptable anywhere. Except maybe in Alabama, Mississippi, or in 1950.

Well he is in Alabama, right?
So we're all good, yea?

PorkRinds

So did CBB go on today?  Any reports of what he said?

OKC

I think earned a lot of the hate when he stated something along the lines that Arkansas and South Carolina haven't contributed to the SEC and do not belong...or something along those lines a few years back...at least that is what ruffled my feathers and lost credibility with me...I will say though, I have both Alabama and Auburn fans as friends and both parties dislike him and think he is biased for the other teams...so I guess that is a sign that he is impartial.

arkfan81

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 11, 2014, 02:28:02 pm

Just a typical interview really..was on for a couple of minutes but just talked about where the team is heading.. Talked a little about the game this weekend.. Nothing major
Have faith...

redeye

Quote from: Piggfoot on September 10, 2014, 09:17:18 pm
Uh no i believe the SEC pays us. This guy is a homer and loves a winner like the
" If you are a winner I love the Hogs fans".

The SEC "pays us" out of a pool of money we helped create, so Razorhead is right.

Nothing changes with Finebaum when we're winning.  When we were winning big under Petrino and Nutt, he said the same things.  As cosmodrum said, he's a troll and it's all an act to increase ratings.

Saint Hoggimus Maximus

I like this Ashley Schaefer!

OnYourToes

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 11, 2014, 02:28:02 pm

From what I can remember

PF asked how this year is different than last
CBB said that before every game he asked the players who thinks we can win this game, raise you hand.  Who think's we're going to win this game raise you hand. . . .Before they left for Auburn he told the team, if don't think we can win this game, don't show up to get on the plan tomorrow.

Another difference CBB talked about was GPA.  When he first got here there were 30 members of the team at or below a 2.0 GPA.  Right now there are none below that mark.  CBB talked about the sense of pride that come from doing something you haven't done before and how that feeling overflows into other areas of your life.  He said the sense of accomplishment is felt in other areas, then something like, does that help make a right read or make the right cut or blocking angle, maybe not but things just seem to come more naturally when you have confidence.

PF asked specifically about BA and the running backs
CBB talked about BA's physical accomplishments, he can throw the ball wherever he wants and it is a "more catchable ball".  He also talked about BAs "hogease" (or something like that)  the language of how they speak in the program.  BA is more comfortable with the terminology of things and is speaking it back to the coaches and other players, a confidence thing.

PF asked if the RBs are up to his standard.
CBB siad that they are on their way.  J Will was playing hurt on Saturday against Nicholls St, KM is one of the most explosive players he has ever coached and we haven't seen that on the field yet.  KM was also banged up.  Collins has had the best 3 weeks of practice in terms of maturity and growing as a man and a football player. 

PF told him that he was asked, on a Little Rock radio station, how long it would take CBB to turn things around, PF asked that question to CBB.
CBB said that the one thing he could tell, when he was at Wisconsin, that he didn't worry too much the night before a game was when things just seemed to happen right, the little things, decisions of the players knew how to do the little things.  He said things not about football have to be in placeto be great at football.

PF asked about the the 5 SEC teams in the top 10, and what he thought of that
CBB said I know we aren't 1 of them, and that's not good.  He said that to be mentioned in the same conversation and beyond with those 5 schools is ultimately the goal but he wants to make sure he does it right.  "If you miss a step along the way, things will fall apart."  He also said a former coach once told him, If you ain't showing, you ain't bragging.  So he has to get to that point of showing week in and week out.
He said he wanted to go some place where we haven't won a conference title or a national title, he didn't want to go some place where they had won and he needed to keep things rolling.  He wanted to come here to build something from the ground up, the right way.

He ended with a comment about 9/11 and thoughts and prayers go out to all those involved and are still involved today. 
Then
WOO PIG
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

PorkRinds

Quote from: OnYourToes on September 11, 2014, 02:47:41 pm
From what I can remember

CBB said that before every game he asked the players who thinks we can win this game, raise you hand.  Who think's we're going to win this game raise you hand. . . .Before they left for Auburn he told the team, if don't think we can win this game, don't show up to get on the plan tomorrow.

Another difference CBB talked about was GPA.  When he first got here there were 30 members of the team at or below a 2.0 GPA.  Right now there are none below that mark.  CBB talked about the sense of pride that come from doing something you haven't done before and how that feeling overflows into other areas of your life.  He said the sense of accomplishment is felt in other areas, then something like, does that help make a right read or make the right cut or blocking angle, maybe not but things just seem to come more naturally when you have confidence.

CBB talked about BA's physical accomplishments, he can throw the ball wherever he wants and it is a "more catchable ball".  He also talked about BAs "hogease" (or something like that)  the language of how they speak in the program.  BA is more comfortable with the terminology of things and is speaking it back to the coaches and other players, a confidence thing.

CBB siad that they are on their way.  J Will was playing hurt on Saturday against Nicholls St, KM is one of the most explosive players he has ever coached and we haven't seen that on the field yet.  KM was also banged up.  Collins has had the best 3 weeks of practice in terms of maturity and growing as a man and a football player. 

PF told him that he was asked, on a Little Rock radio station, how long it would take CBB to turn things around, PF asked that question to CBB.
CBB said that the one thing he could tell, when he was at Wisconsin, that he didn't worry too much the night before a game was when things just seemed to happen right, the little things, decisions of the players knew how to do the little things.  He said things not about football have to be in placeto be great at football.

CBB said I know we aren't 1 of them, and that's not good.  He said that to be mentioned in the same conversation and beyond with those 5 schools is ultimately the goal but he wants to make sure he does it right.  "If you miss a step along the way, things will fall apart."  He also said a former coach once told him, If you ain't showing, you ain't bragging.  So he has to get to that point of showing week in and week out.
He said he wanted to go some place where we haven't won a conference title or a national title, he didn't want to go some place where they had won and he needed to keep things rolling.  He wanted to come here to build something from the ground up, the right way.

He ended with a comment about 9/11 and thoughts and prayers go out to all those involved and are still involved today. 
Then
WOO PIG

Awesome dude, thanks.

TDHawgs

From what I can remember

Then
WOO PIG

Thanks for the info, I'll listen to the replay on Sirus XM on demand later. What Coach B said was Hoganese, it's their way of communicating the plays now. Kinda like Japanese, etc.. lol

mhsbc59

we have many of the same thoughts
scary

also i can feel it in my plums
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

HogFanatic

From what I can remember

Then
WOO PIG

How can you argue with that?

Seriously. For all of the flack that BB has gotten since he came here as the Head Coach, HOW can any serious hog fan argue with that interview?

razorbackkid

From what I can remember

Then
WOO PIG
Good memory.  You are/were as your username suggests...."OnYourToes".

I heard the same things.  +1
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Hoggish1

I don't just only want to give them a good game this year.  That's not enough...!

BorderPatrol

Quote from: arkfan81 on September 11, 2014, 02:35:03 pm
Just a typical interview really..was on for a couple of minutes but just talked about where the team is heading.. Talked a little about the game this weekend.. Nothing major

Why even bother responding if this is all you got?

You should take major pointers from OnYourToes. He did a hell of a job. Awesome, sir.

bp

razorbackkid

Quote from: BorderPatrol on September 11, 2014, 03:34:27 pm

You should take major pointers from OnYourToes. He did a hell of a job. Awesome, sir.

bp
+1
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: Saint Hoggimus Maximus on September 11, 2014, 02:45:59 pm

I like this Ashley Schaefer!

why are people always copying my name..... there is already a Hoggus Maximus
now there is a Saint hoggimus maximus. 

OnYourToes

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 11, 2014, 02:52:37 pm
Awesome dude, thanks.

Quote from: TDHawgs on September 11, 2014, 02:55:24 pm
Thanks for the info, I'll listen to the replay on Sirus XM on demand later. What Coach B said was Hoganese, it's their way of communicating the plays now. Kinda like Japanese, etc.. lol

Quote from: razorbackkid on September 11, 2014, 03:28:44 pm
Good memory.  You are/were as your username suggests...."OnYourToes".

I heard the same things.  +1

bp

Thanks all, just another hard day at work. . . .  ;)

PF did comment on CBB's thoughts on 9/11, he said that Coach did a very nice job of summarizing the thoughts and feelings of this day.  it sounded sort of suck-upish at the end.

I know PF is just a talking head and is in it for ratings, but he seemed to play it cool with CBB and was very complimentary of Coach and our program during the interview.

You sir are a genius!

razorbackkid

Quote from: OnYourToes on September 11, 2014, 04:02:42 pm
Thanks all, just another hard day at work. . . .  ;)

PF did comment on CBB's thoughts on 9/11, he said that Coach did a very nice job of summarizing the thoughts and feelings of this day.  it sounded sort of suck-upish at the end.

I know PF is just a talking head and is in it for ratings, but he seemed to play it cool with CBB and was very complimentary of Coach and our program during the interview.

Finebaum's sidekick....reminds me of Ralph from Happy Day's....also said Coach Bielema has always been a class act when interviewed.

DoctorSusscrofa

bp

Right on. But your post here was pure 24k gold. Never seen a post that had more in common with a perfect gem.  ;D
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Theolesnort

If most of you guys think the Paul Finebaum Show is totally a sports show them you have been duped. It is also a entertainment show especially is the slow summertime when some colorful characters like Phylis from Mulga show up to make us laugh and she by any means is not the only character that makes an appearance. I have had some of my hardest and bigest laughs compliments of the Paul Finebaum show. I have laughed and cried at the same time. Paul Finebaum is not one of my favorite people but he is not one that I dislike either. He does his shtick on his show and he does it for a reason. I doubt that any of us really know what he really thinks about Bielema or for that matter a lot of other folks in this conference. Laugh in contempt all you want but just remember he is making the big bucks and is making someone happy at ESPN. One of these days the worm may turn and he might have a lot of good things to say about ARK but even then I will wonder if he is truly serious in what he is saying. One thing I do worry about is that since he is on ESPN is the comedy still going to be allowed to the same measure as before?
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Theolesnort on September 11, 2014, 05:27:28 pm
If most of you guys think the Paul Finebaum Show is totally a sports show them you have been duped. It is also a entertainment show especially is the slow summertime when some colorful characters like Phylis from Mulga show up to make us laugh and she by any means is not the only character that makes an appearance. I have had some of my hardest and bigest laughs compliments of the Paul Finebaum show. I have laughed and cried at the same time. Paul Finebaum is not one of my favorite people but he is not one that I dislike either. He does his shtick on his show and he does it for a reason. I doubt that any of us really know what he really thinks about Bielema or for that matter a lot of other folks in this conference. Laugh in contempt all you want but just remember he is making the big bucks and is making someone happy at ESPN. One of these days the worm may turn and he might have a lot of good things to say about ARK but even then I will wonder if he is truly serious in what he is saying. One thing I do worry about is that since he is on ESPN is the comedy still going to be allowed to the same measure as before?

His show lives with the success and failure of Alabama and Auburn.  He wins both ways.  Both fan bases are motivated with the others failure.  Just adding "the rest of the conference" into the mix is enough to make it go beyond the Billy and Bubba show at used to be.

Finebaum has been to Alabama and Auburn fans what Vince Mchanon was to pro wrestling.  He simply lets the hatred promote itself and he simply incites that hatred and watches his bank account grow.

His hope, and the Networks' hope, is to broaden that type of venom to the other SEC schools. 

Imo, it will happen.

I watch his show with that same frame of mind, it is only entertainment with little reality in it's design.

But it is amusing.   :)

Theolesnort

Quote from: razorbackkid on September 11, 2014, 05:51:15 pm
His show lives with the success and failure of Alabama and Auburn.  He wins both ways.  Both fan bases are motivated with the others failure.  Just adding "the rest of the conference" into the mix is enough to make it go beyond the Billy and Bubba show at used to be.

Finebaum has been to Alabama and Auburn fans what Vince Mchanon was to pro wrestling.  He simply lets the hatred promote itself and he simply incites that hatred and watches his bank account grow.

His hope, and the Networks' hope, is to broaden that type of venom to the other SEC schools. 

Imo, it will happen.

I watch his show with that same frame of mind, it is only entertainment with little reality in it's design.

But it is amusing.   :)

Yes it is and you might be surprised to know that he is a Tenn graduate and he is proud of Peyton Manning. The Auburn Alabama love? He just caters to his audience. It is possible this may change with the new circumstances. As for football, Danny Sheridan is a favorite that I like to listen to.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Theolesnort on September 11, 2014, 05:59:22 pm
Yes it is and you might be surprised to know that he is a Tenn graduate and he is proud of Peyton Manning. The Auburn Alabama love? He just caters to his audience. It is possible this may change with the new circumstances. As for football, Danny Sheridan is a favorite that I like to listen to.

I always smiled to myself when I sat in my truck listening to the radio when "Mrs. Dooley" or Pat Dye were guest.  It was always worth a listen.

870hogfan

Quote from: code red link=topic=574281.m. ...sg9181299#msg9181299 date=1410461228
What is wrong with what Finebaum is saying???  Nothing because it is legitamate.  The Hogs may well be the 13th best team in the league.  Kentucky look pretty dang good vs. a Ohio team this weekend.  Tennessee looks good and is playing 2 handfuls of freshman.  Ole Miss, LSU, Auburn, Bama, Georgia are NOT winnable games for Arkansas....they just aren't.  This weekend is huge...huge...huge for the growth of this program.

Arkansas would beat Tennessee and Kentucky...

razorbackkid

Quote from: 870hogfan on September 11, 2014, 06:17:58 pm

Arkansas would beat Tennessee and Kentucky...
Don't forget Vanderbilt.  We don't even need a breeze this year.  :)

lefty08

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on September 11, 2014, 03:46:01 pm
why are people always copying my name..... there is already a Hoggus Maximus
now there is a Saint hoggimus maximus.

yeah i bet you guys drive the same truck, except one is a new blue ford and one is an old red chevy........
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

arkfan81

Quote from: arkfan81 on September 11, 2014, 02:35:03 pm

This guy should know better then posting a vague thread on Hogville. SMH, maybe next time he'll think about posting such things.

bp

Quote from: razorbackkid on September 11, 2014, 03:35:40 pm
+1

Have faith...

010HogFan

Quote from: code red on September 11, 2014, 01:47:08 pm

This post gave me cancer. We would whip Kentucky and Tennessee. We have a chance to beat Ole Miss, LSU, and Alabama. All three of those teams are a shell of their team last year. I don't think we can beat Georgia.