Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miss State forward Aric Holman

Started by cardsNhogs, January 10, 2017, 11:05:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cardsNhogs

Miss State forward Aric Holman on Arkansas: "The coaches were telling us before the game they don't box out very well."

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 10, 2017, 11:05:50 pm
Miss State forward Aric Holman on Arkansas: "The coaches were telling us before the game they don't box out very well."

They told the truth.

upperdeck_hawg

well darn, the secret is out
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HawgAdvocate

Boxing out, on the defensive end, is a conflict of interest for Coach A.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

RagingHawgOn

Bball 101. Our coach doesn't get it. 

phadedhawg

Not sure how much it would matter.  They looked huge compared to our kids.  But I do agree we don't block out well.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 10, 2017, 11:08:15 pm

Maybe someone will tell Anderson.  Of course he might need someone to explain it to him.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 10, 2017, 11:09:56 pm
Maybe someone will tell Anderson.  Of course he might need someone to explain it to him.

Lol
This is my non-signature signature.

phadedhawg

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 10, 2017, 11:09:56 pm

Take it upon yourself.  Schedule a meeting and bring some tape.

upperdeck_hawg

They showed MA's philosophy on rebounding during the timeout where he told our guys, "If you can't get the rebound, tip it out."
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Hollywood870

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 10, 2017, 11:08:15 pm
LOL. Man I'm not even mad anymore after a loss.

hobhog

MA during timeouts on "miked up" told us all we need to know. Really embarrassing if anyone played it back and was looking for some insight into loss.

hobhog

porkinsons disease

Quote from: phadedhawg on January 10, 2017, 11:11:27 pm
Someone would have to show him the film room. We don't use it , remember? We just want teams to worry about how to prepare for us
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

rude1

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 10, 2017, 11:12:58 pm
They showed MA's philosophy on rebounding during the timeout where he told our guys, "If you can't get the rebound, tip it out."
You guys just hear what you want to hear to criticize. As much as there is to complain about, why you guys resort to taking things out of context to make it appear worse than it is, is beyond as bad as the strategy has been. He most certainly did tell them to start putting a body on someone, exhorting them to be more physical going after the ball, THEN he said if you can't get it, tip it back out, which is what you should do.

hawginbigd1

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: phadedhawg on January 10, 2017, 11:11:27 pm

Well, I could explain it to him, but I couldn't understand it for him.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: rude1 on January 10, 2017, 11:17:39 pm
You guys just hear what you want to hear to criticize. As much as there is to complain about, why you guys resort to taking things out of context to make it appear worse than it is, is beyond as bad as the strategy has been. He most certainly did tell them to start putting a body on someone, exhorting them to be more physical going after the ball, THEN he said if you can't get it, tip it back out, which is what you should do.
What They should do is block out. Since we have struggled all year with this you would think the coach would have fixed it by now?!? But he hasn't so let's tip it out.

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 10, 2017, 11:21:56 pm
What They should do is block out. Since we have struggled all year with this you would think the coach would have fixed it by now?!? But he hasn't so let's tip it out.

We have struggled with boxing out in Nolan's system. Nolan believed in going after the ball and not boxing out. This philosophy lives on with MA.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

rude1

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 10, 2017, 11:21:56 pm
UMMM he told them that first, unless you don't understand what is meant by "put a body on them", "be physical with them"?

forrest city joe

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 10, 2017, 11:08:41 pm
Boxing out, on the defensive end, is a conflict of interest for Coach A.
How did i know you would show back up after a loss? you need to not whining and support the team and our head coach.

Hollywood870

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:27:24 pm
How did i know you would show back up after a loss? you need to not whining and support the team and our head coach.
Is this real life?

cardsNhogs

Quote from: rude1 on January 10, 2017, 11:25:17 pm
UMMM he told them that first, unless you don't understand what is meant by "put a body on them", "be physical with them"?
Yes I understand he told them this in the huddle. I'm sure he is telling them this in every huddle. Ben Howland isn't having to tell his kids this in the huddle. This is something that should have been fixed already.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 10, 2017, 11:28:52 pm
Is this real life?
It's real. this team is not dead yet.4 sec games does not make a season. looking foward to the Mizzo game. need a lot of hog fans at that game.NWA needs to support the team.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:31:34 pm
It's real. this team is not dead yet.4 sec games does not make a season. looking foward to the Mizzo game. need a lot of hog fans at that game.NWA needs to support the team.

The more I read the more I think you are Jeff long or a ga in the athletic department taking orders
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

hogsanity

Quote from: Kevin on January 10, 2017, 11:33:00 pm
The more I read the more I think you are Jeff long or a ga in the athletic department taking orders

oh he's taking orders, but not from them.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hollywood870

This team may get hot and win 8 conference games. That's real life.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Kevin on January 10, 2017, 11:33:00 pm
No.i am just a life long Hog fan who loves Razorback athletics.and do not want to fire the basketball coach right now. nothing more.

hogsanity

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 10, 2017, 11:23:55 pm
We have struggled with boxing out in Nolan's system. Nolan believed in going after the ball and not boxing out. This philosophy lives on with MA.

I saw a jv girls team tonight that boxes out better than the Hogs.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hobhog

Team is dead. Fans won't show. Mike needs to go.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:37:36 pm
No.i am just a life long Hog fan who loves Razorback athletics.and do not want to fire the basketball coach right now. nothing more.

I don't think you not wanting to fire the basketball coach has anything to do with your Arkansas fandom

rude1

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 10, 2017, 11:31:09 pm
Yes I understand he told them this in the huddle. I'm sure he is telling them this in every huddle. Ben Howland isn't having to tell his kids this in the huddle. This is something that should have been fixed already.
The biggest part of the problem with the rebounding is simply that we are out of position, we continue to run our bigs out to switch ball screens, so when Moses is out there on the point guard you have Beard inside trying to guard a big, good luck on Beard putting a body on any big and getting a rebound when the shot goes up. Moses spent a lot of the night outside showing he can guard the point, he ended up with 4 rebounds.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: rude1 on January 10, 2017, 11:41:01 pm
The biggest part of the problem with the rebounding is simply that we are out of position, we continue to run our bigs out to switch ball screens, so when Moses is out there on the point guard you have Beard inside trying to guard a big, good luck on Beard putting a body on any big and getting a rebound when the shot goes up. Moses spent a lot of the night outside showing he can guard the point, he ended up with 4 rebounds.
This is true! So frustrating

ChicoHog

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 10, 2017, 11:23:55 pm
I never could understand that.  It's basic common sense basketball.   You want to be a good rebounder then you box out.  It's harder to block out when playing zone but you still have to find someone and get a body on them.  When playing man it's much easier. 

Hogs958

Kingsley and the team have regressed this season. That's on coaching.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Kevin on January 10, 2017, 11:39:01 pm
I don't think you not wanting to fire the basketball coach has anything to do with your Arkansas fandom
You mean Anderson fandom? 

Kevin

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 10, 2017, 11:47:48 pm
You mean Anderson fandom? 

His fandom has nothing to do with any sport

nwahogfan1

Heap. Ms St had 15 offensive rebounds.

SEC coaches find opposing team flaws and will try to take advantage.  I wonder behind close doors what else they are telling their players? 

RedRock

You think Anderson knows what a box out is?

hawgfan4life

hog.goblin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:37:36 pm

Same here.  But if we aren't in the NCAAT this year he should be let go at the end of the season

TexArkHogFan

When you got Moses shooting three's you're in trouble.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

cardsNhogs

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on January 11, 2017, 08:15:09 am
When you got Moses shooting three's you're in trouble.
We can get a new thread going about our offense. This one is rebounding.

The_Iceman

No defense + No rebounding = No coaching.

Time to go get a coach who can actually...coach. Instead of someone who just has his players go out and "do what we do" and use the excuse that the other team was more "hong-gree".

userpick

When the coach says "be sure to get lined up for the tip" right before the game on the microphone he's wearing, we probably shouldn't expect too much.

farfromgroovins

If your coach is telling you to box out during timeouts during a game, then you have not been prepared during practice.
I like auto racing and I learned that if you are working on your car at the race track, you will not win. You have to prepare BEFORE THE RACE!

Yes, the Nolan teams were not known for rebounding but I would be interested to see stats from the Corliss years. I have a hard time imagining those teams did not rebound well. You can't win a championship and a runner-up without having the fundamentals covered. Those teams didn't overwhelm with full court pressure when the opponent had talent. Against the inferior teams, sure, turn the Hawgs loose, but when deep in the tournament, it was solid D in the half court.

DOGALUM

Quote from: Kevin on January 10, 2017, 11:39:01 pm
spot on
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

DOGALUM

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:27:24 pm
You and Mike can both go kick rocks. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

BassinHawg

So he's saying we got out coached! Hmmmm, What a concept!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"