Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 05:02:17 am

NIT Bound

Started by Cotton, January 18, 2018, 08:38:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cotton

This team won't make the tourney, Mike is not the man for the job, and I want to throw up.

I'm sick of the sunshine pumping. This team isn't good enough and neither is the coach. I stuck with Mike for along time but I've had enough.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

HiggiePiggy

So you will be back if we make the tournament this year?  I'm with you on firing him if he doesn't make the tournament. I'm just not going to throw a fit after every loss though because we have seen that last year and it was turned around and we made the tournament. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 19, 2018, 05:58:02 pm
So you will be back if we make the tournament this year?  I'm with you on firing him if he doesn't make the tournament. I'm just not going to throw a fit after every loss though because we have seen that last year and it was turned around and we made the tournament. 
Well, we had better get going and soon!
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

3of5-2

There is absolutely no excuse for the University of Arkansas basketball team not to make the NCAAt EVERY year, especially with a coach that has been here for 6 plus years. If our definition of a successful season is slipping into the tournament by a thread every other year, or worse, well that just plain sucks! Not only are we not a top 25 program, we are probably not even a top 50 or 60. Shame, shame, shame.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: 3of5-2 on January 19, 2018, 07:56:23 pm
There is absolutely no excuse for the University of Arkansas basketball team not to make the NCAAt EVERY year...
UNLESS they have a connection to Nolan Richardson.

SSFrazorback

We are much more successful than at anytime since Nolan left. Why do people want to fire the guy that brought us back? You want to go back to what we were six years ago?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: SSFrazorback on January 19, 2018, 08:42:19 pm
We are much more successful than at anytime since Nolan left. Why do people want to fire the guy that brought us back? You want to go back to what we were six years ago?

Just beat SMU and make a bowl. 

Back from what?   Less than average to average and still just as irrelevant. 

Mike knows he wasn't hired for this.  This wasn't the expectation.   

OP is way premature.  9-9.  The target to get in is well within reach. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

LumberBacks

Let's go back to where where were 24 years ago.  Mike's at his ceiling.  Thanks for getting us out of the dumpster fire but what you see is what  you're gonna get unless we improve the coaching staff.  Emphasis on STAFF.

SSFrazorback

I'm sure there's another Pelphrey waiting to take us to the promise land.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: SSFrazorback on January 19, 2018, 09:02:21 pm
I'm sure there's another Pelphrey waiting to take us to the promise land.
is that where Mike has the program?   Where we would have to hire Pelphrey?  You are insulting him and don't know it.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

SSFrazorback

We got Pel after two consecutive tourney appearances so no, can't expect anyone that good.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: SSFrazorback on January 19, 2018, 09:12:18 pm
We got Pel after two consecutive tourney appearances so no, can't expect anyone that good.

We got Altman to leave a secure job where he was successful and happy because on the surface the job was attractive. 
We got Pel after Altman exposed our mess. Something like that going on now? 

SSFrazorback

LOL, we had a good coach for a day. That's your justification for firing Mike? We haven't been a good program in 24 years. Top coaches aren't lining up at our door.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: SSFrazorback on January 19, 2018, 09:23:19 pm
LOL, we had a good coach for a day. We haven't been a good program in 24 years. Top coaches aren't lining up at our door.

Not true.  We haven't been a NC program in 24 seasons.

There is a big gap between top coaches and Pelphrey.  You seem to think Mike has our program on the level of attracting a Pelphrey.  If he does how much progress has he made? That would be a regression and makes no sense.  You can come up with better defenses than this. 

I'm not saying anything about firing Mike. Haven't suggested it. 

SSFrazorback

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 19, 2018, 09:26:57 pm
"Not true.  We haven't been a NC program in 24 seasons."

Semantics

"There is a big gap between top coaches and Pelphrey.  You seem to think Mike has our program on the level of attracting a Pelphrey.  If he does how much progress has he made? That would be a regression and makes no sense.  You can come up with better defenses than this."

Circular argument...as I've already said we are better now than we have been since Nolan left.

"I'm not saying anything about firing Mike. Haven't suggested it."

Did you not understand the topic of this thread?

Atlhogfan1

Cotton

Quote from: LumberBacks on January 19, 2018, 08:53:40 pm
Let's go back to where where were 24 years ago.  Mike's at his ceiling.  Thanks for getting us out of the dumpster fire but what you see is what  you're gonna get unless we improve the coaching staff.  Emphasis on STAFF.
THIS^

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

hobhog

No. We want better.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Cotton on January 18, 2018, 08:38:27 am
This team won't make the tourney, Mike is not the man for the job, and I want to throw up.

I'm sick of the sunshine pumping. This team isn't good enough and neither is the coach. I stuck with Mike for along time but I've had enough.
Another day,another stupid post. how many more fire Mike Anderson post are you guys going to make on here? it's the same thing over and over and over.better be glad im not a mod.

SemperFi

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 22, 2018, 10:19:29 am
Another day,another stupid post. how many more fire Mike Anderson post are you guys going to make on here? it's the same thing over and over and over.better be glad im not a mod.

Look man, you've got to stop this blind support of Mike Anderson. He's underachieving big time at the UA. The man has everything that a Head Coach would ever want in a program and he's not getting it done. He's had seven years to make the Razorbacks into a tourney team year in and year out and he's failed. If the Hogs make it in this year and I don't see that happening, but if they do manage to squeak in they'll be a 13 or 14 seed at best. That just means we'll get matched up against a team that deserves to be there and get bounced in game one probably in very humiliating fashion. His Assistants do him no favors and it's painfully obvious that they also fail recruiting the kind of player for Mike's antiquated system. Mike will never match what Coach Nolan Richardson was able to do. It's time to move on from Mike Anderson.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SemperFi on January 22, 2018, 10:55:33 am
Look man, you've got to stop this blind support of Mike Anderson. He's underachieving big time at the UA. The man has everything that a Head Coach would ever want in a program and he's not getting it done. He's had seven years to make the Razorbacks into a tourney team year in and year out and he's failed. If the Hogs make it in this year and I don't see that happening, but if they do manage to squeak in they'll be a 13 or 14 seed at best. That just means we'll get matched up against a team that deserves to be there and get bounced in game one probably in very humiliating fashion. His Assistants do him no favors and it's painfully obvious that they also fail recruiting the kind of player for Mike's antiquated system. Mike will never match what Coach Nolan Richardson was able to do. It's time to move on from Mike Anderson.
clueless post, SEC doesn't get 13 or 14 seeds. Those are for the mid majors
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

SemperFi

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 22, 2018, 11:08:35 am
clueless post, SEC doesn't get 13 or 14 seeds. Those are for the mid majors

Watch who you're calling clueless. Don't let your anonymity put you in a false sense of security because you're all warm and toasty sitting in Mom and Dad's basement. I didn't call FCJ a name or attack him. Nor did I belittle Mike Anderson, so pull your panties out of your crack.

You're correct with a few exceptions concerning those specific seedings. Arkansas was a 12 a few years back and Tulsa was a 13 in 2014 or 2015. Hard pressed to find another major school filling a 13 or 14. However, that just means that we're at best NIT bound. That is underachieving. You may accept mediocrity, but I will not.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

userpick

I believe we'll be tough in the NIT. That will give our younger guys the confidence to get back to the first round of the NCAA tourney in 2021.

DemiHOG

I agree, NIT, if we do make NCAA, might win first game but that's it. We will always be average I'm afraid

Cotton

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 22, 2018, 10:19:29 am
Stupid is blind support for 7th year coach that can't recruit and is an average at best coach... But I'm sure everybody else has told you that already.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

daprospecta

Quote from: DemiHOG on January 22, 2018, 12:06:48 pm
I agree, NIT, if we do make NCAA, might win first game but that's it. We will always be average I'm afraid
You think that is average? 10% of teams in the NCAA make the round of 32 but yea, it's just average right? There is a reason teams celebrate when they get an invitation.   

daprospecta

Quote from: Cotton on January 22, 2018, 12:19:08 pm
Stupid is blind support for 7th year coach that can't recruit and is an average at best coach... But I'm sure everybody else has told you that already.
Why can't you all that want him fired just keep it to real facts.  We all know he can recruit.  I agree that we have looked bad the last few games and that is on Mike and I won't argue that but keep recruiting out of it.

bhogs05

Quote from: daprospecta on January 22, 2018, 01:14:50 pm
Why can't you all that want him fired just keep it to real facts.  We all know he can recruit.  I agree that we have looked bad the last few games and that is on Mike and I won't argue that but keep recruiting out of it.

Mike is not an elite recruiter and that facts show that.  He is a decent recruiter but not elite by any means. 

Cotton

Quote from: daprospecta on January 22, 2018, 01:14:50 pm
Recruit? He went 1 for 4 on the most talented players Arkansas has produced of late.  Half his key players are JUCO guys. (Literally a 3rd of our players are transfers). We have no point guard.

Tell me again how great of a recruiter he is.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Cotton on January 22, 2018, 01:29:02 pm
Recruit? He went 1 for 4 on the most talented players Arkansas has produced of late.  Half his key players are JUCO guys. (Literally a 3rd of our players are transfers). We have no point guard.

Tell me again how great of a recruiter he is.
Crickets

daprospecta

Quote from: bhogs05 on January 22, 2018, 01:26:51 pm
Mike is not an elite recruiter and that facts show that.  He is a decent recruiter but not elite by any means. 
Elite no but the other said he can't recruit.  We had a good class last year and this year's class is good as well.ß

Cotton

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on January 22, 2018, 02:42:30 pm
Crickets
Exactly... people make outlandish claims and can't back it up.  Then FCJ and the other Sunshine pumpers push to get the threads trashed.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Hawgphat

January 22, 2018, 07:50:39 pm #32 Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:01:55 pm by Hawgphat
I wouldn't take an NIT invitation for granted at this juncture; - - there's a lot of season left.  There are multiple potential toilet performance scenarios from which we could very well be "flushed with pride". - - - - - - - - - - Well, - - - "flushed", anyway.

Johnny Bobo

for me, Sweet 16 at minimum or I'm off the Mike train

Cotton

2 weeks later... Still accurate

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Cotton on January 18, 2018, 08:38:27 am

nice thread OTR

Cotton

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on February 06, 2018, 11:05:21 am

nice thread OTR
Head on over to the Tavern... The artist formerly known as OTR has cleared my name.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Cotton on February 06, 2018, 11:13:41 am
Head on over to the Tavern... The artist formerly known as OTR has cleared my name.

No way. I stay clear from that place always.

Cotton

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on February 06, 2018, 11:23:34 am
No way. I stay clear from that place always.
YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Cotton

Quote from: Cotton on February 06, 2018, 09:17:21 am
2 weeks later... Still accurate
4 weeks later... looking more and more like NIT

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Hawgphat

Personally, I wouldn't count on making the NIT.

:-\

Hawgphat

I don't purport to know the identities of pertinent mechanics who are capable of "fixing" the basketball program.  I'm not a member of the "Throw The Bum Out Club" who is clamoring for heads to roll after each and every recorded loss; but I firmly feel that the present rendition of basketball Razorbacks teaching and coaching cadre are not comprehensively enabling the players to reach their full competitive potential, for whatever reason(s).

I have no "brilliant" solution to suggest.

DLUXHOG

NCAA Bound!  WPS!!!!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)