Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BREAKING NEWS: Frank Ragnow done for year

Started by Mr. Porkleone, October 23, 2017, 12:11:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Porkleone

October 23, 2017, 12:11:54 pm Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:30:40 pm by Scott Marshall
Ankle injury. Just saw on news. KNWA just reported it. CBB confirmed it. Tough day for Frank.

HERE IS STORY WITH VIDEO FROM COACH
http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/frank-ragnow-and-chase-hayden-out-for-season/842935494

Sho Nuff

Seriously?!?!?!?  Hate it for Frank, he is a very classy guy.  He is going to have a great career in the NFL.

Cylinder

Maybe single sourced, but Acri is reporting this as well.

Mo_Better_Hogs

hoglady

Absolutely hate to hear this.
Hopefully - he can get healed up and it won't affect him in the draft.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Jackrabbit Hog

Wow.  Just wow.  Our O-Line this week may be the worst one that's taken the field for the Hogs in years.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

LRHawg

Dang, hope he is able to fully-recover in time to prepare for the Draft.

HogFansReunited

Feel so bad for him but I can't help but to just laugh.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

I see some reports saying he may or may not need surgery.  If he does t actually need surgery, you have to wonder if this was a move in regards to his future

Also Austin allen being off the depth chart completely?   Hmmm my kind is wondering on this.   I think these two guys said they've had enough. Remember, theybare best friends as well

thebignasty

Feel awful for him.

This team didn't deserve him.

hawgon

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 23, 2017, 12:19:04 pm
I see some reports saying he may or may not need surgery.  If he does t actually need surgery, you have to wonder if this was a move in regards to his future

Also Austin allen being off the depth chart completely?   Hmmm my kind is wondering on this.   I think these two guys said they've had enough. Remember, theybare best friends as well

Business decisions

onebadrubi

hogcard1964

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 23, 2017, 12:19:04 pm

Why not?  The team quit on Butters during last year's Auburn debacle.

Cylinder

This probably explains why Arkansas @ Mississippi was left off the board this morning.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Holy cow. What, 4 of the 5 best players on the team out for the year?

Athog

hogsanity

Quote from: Karma on October 23, 2017, 12:36:20 pm

problems like this are magnified when you have no depth, which has been a problem at AR for years. Whoever the coach, they have always been just one or two injuries away from the entire team changing.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Wildhog

It seems we've reached the "pets heads falling off" stage.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogcard1964

Quote from: Wildhog on October 23, 2017, 12:39:30 pm

Let's go to Aspen!  Where the beer flows like wine!

thebignasty

RWIII, Pulley, AA, Ragnow, Cornelious and Hayden

sickboy

Quote from: Wildhog on October 23, 2017, 12:39:30 pm

Let's add this up now...

We lost our best running back (RWIII), our best WR (Cornelius), our best DB (Pulley) our QB1 (Allen) our most promising freshman (Hayden) and our best OL (Ragnow).

That's brutal luck.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 12:40:37 pm
Let's go to Aspen!  Where the beer flows like wine!

And the women instinctively flock like the Salmon of Capistrano.

bphi11ips

Thanks for coming back, Frank. Best of luck. You'll always be one of my favorite Hogs.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

The_Iceman

Quote from: sickboy on October 23, 2017, 12:42:01 pm
Let's add this up now...

We lost our best running back (RWIII), our best WR (Cornelius), our best DB (Pulley) our QB1 (Allen) our most promising freshman (Hayden) and our best OL (Ragnow).

That's brutal luck.

That is pretty rough. But we still need a new coach.

longpig

Those 4 of the 5 would have been subjected to the same half witted game plan, same results.
Don't be scared, be smart.

HogSlop84

All these injuries are probably going to give coach B another Yr.. ugh!!

HawgTide

Quote from: hawgon on October 23, 2017, 12:25:22 pm
Business decisions

Don't post that crap. No one on here knows how bad they are hurt. All we need is some of our dumbest fans taking shots at our players

cosmodrum

It's like the Hogs are my fantasy football team. Just dropping like flies.

Hate it for Frank. He's had a hell of a time on the hill.
Go away, batin'

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: sickboy on October 23, 2017, 12:42:01 pm
Let's add this up now...

That's brutal luck.
Yeah but we were no good when we had 'em all anyway.

CBB is definitely going to pull the injury card to explain away this season but he shouldn't get away with it, especially seeing as how just last week he told a reporter that he and his staff have not recruited well at Arkansas.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

DeltaBoy

Read on the pig trail that Hayden is out for 4-6 weeks with a lower leg injury.

This season is TOAST!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

sickboy

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 23, 2017, 12:52:59 pm

CBB is definitely going to pull the injury card to explain away this season but he shouldn't get away with it, especially seeing as how just last week he told a reporter that he and his staff have not recruited well at Arkansas.

Coaches don't get passes because their players get hurt. Bielema should be gone either way.

Still, it's pretty crazy that we lost our top five or so players overall. That's pretty rare.

hogcard1964

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 23, 2017, 12:43:01 pm
And the women instinctively flock like the Salmon of Capistrano.

+1000

One of the best comedies over the past 30 years.

Rayzback

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 23, 2017, 01:03:27 pm
Read on the pig trail that Hayden is out for 4-6 weeks with a lower leg injury.

This season is TOAST!

The season was toast. Now it's burnt toast, so bad that no amount of PB&J will cover it up.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

jgphillips3

I will hope against hope that Ragnow just decided to let Rogers take his spot and go get ready for the draft.  If he is really hurt and his draft stock affected, that would be terrible.  There is really no reason for him to be playing anymore anyway.  No titles, no bowls, no nothing.  If he is dinged up, I'll just pray it heals quickly.

longpig

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 23, 2017, 12:52:59 pm

Yep, RWIII wouldn't have ran for much with this O line.  Cornelius would be double teamed and probably not enough time to get open with this O line.  Pulley wouldn't get many his way with this run defense.  Allen wasn't ever going to get time to throw with this O line, and when he did wouldn't be synced with receivers. Hayden wasn't going to run for much with this O line.  Losing Ragnow reduces our O line from 20% solid to 0%.  And it's not like these were all first day draft picks being replaced by true freshmen, except maybe for Ragnow.
Don't be scared, be smart.

hogcard1964

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 23, 2017, 01:07:28 pm
I will hope against hope that Ragnow just decided to let Rogers take his spot and go get ready for the draft.  If he is really hurt and his draft stock affected, that would be terrible.  There is really no reason for him to be playing anymore anyway.  No titles, no bowls, no nothing.  If he is dinged up, I'll just pray it heals quickly.

+1000

We may see more players opt out. 

...and nobody could blame them.

HoggyCat

Year 6......
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Porkette

Hate it for Frank, but wish him well in his future.

This feels like the worst football season ever.
GO HOGS GO!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Rayzback on October 23, 2017, 01:07:24 pm
The season was toast. Now it's burnt toast, so bad that no amount of PB&J will cover it up.

This reinforces my belief we got Cursed before the Great Shootout with Texas by Darrel Royal. We have such bad things happen that it can not be explained by random chance or statics !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

cosmodrum

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 01:06:16 pm
+1000

One of the best comedies over the past 30 years.

Just when I thought you couldn't possibly get any dumber...
Go away, batin'

hogcard1964

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 23, 2017, 01:28:27 pm
Just when I thought you couldn't possibly get any dumber...

No offense taken.   :D

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

rhog1

Quote from: Wildhog on October 23, 2017, 12:35:13 pm
SOMEHOW, things got even WORSE.
I wouldn't have thought that was possible, but here we are. Wonder whats next?

hoglady

I think Zach Rogers will be adequate at center.
Not near as good as Ragnow and the Oline will certainly miss Ragnow's experience and leadership.
But it's not like the unit itself has seen any improvement this year - they've been abysmal.

The injuries to AA, Hayden and now Ragnow happened after our season was already toast.

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

snoblind

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 23, 2017, 12:43:12 pm
Thanks for coming back, Frank. Best of luck. You’ll always be one of my favorite Hogs.

Sums it up nicely.  Came back to a cluster because he loves the Hogs.  Can't ask for more.

HoggieStyle