Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TCU has Arkansas game circled . . .

Started by WizardofhOgZ, August 09, 2017, 02:49:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Steef

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 14, 2017, 07:30:20 pm
Stats that go past 1985 are basically worthless.
Most everyone on here will quote the Hogs vs Horns all time record as proof that they've dominated us.
However, since 1985, the series is 6-6.
That's hardly dominating.

We'd better be ready.  This isn't grandpa's Hogs vs Frogs.

Agreed.

We won't be playing against stats. We won't even be playing against or with last year's team.

Headhog32

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 10, 2017, 09:32:03 am
I'm aware of the design and expected results. Doesn't mean it always works. The 3-4 isn't magic. Teams get torched running a 3-4 just like they do running a 4-3.
yeah but we already got torched running the 4-3  LOL all negative aside I'm really excited about the 3-4 its not magic, but the players seem to be buying into it and by looks of the scrimmages it seems to be a more comftorable look

Dominicanhog

Dominicanhog

Iwastherein1969

Didn't we lead most of the game last year until they got hot in the 4th quarter ?  The writer of the OP's cited article incorrectly points out, or at least gives the impression that TCU dominated the game last year. We did catch one big break, the blocked kick. Other than that we dominated the vast majority of the game. To hell with the Frawgs.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

oldhawg

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 15, 2017, 07:58:46 pm
Didn't we lead most of the game last year until they got hot in the 4th quarter ?  The writer of the OP's cited article incorrectly points out, or at least gives the impression that TCU dominated the game last year. We did catch one big break, the blocked kick. Other than that we dominated the vast majority of the game. To hell with the Frawgs.

TCU fumbled early in the game, in the red zone I believe.

bennyl08

"Lucky" breaks by each team.

Down 3-0, at our 26, Gray breaks off a big run, but we forced a fumble at the 4 and recovered.
Up 3-0, we have 1st and goal at the 9 and are held to a FG.
up 20-7, we have 1st and goal at the 2 and end up being held to a missed FG getting nothing.
Tied 28 all, TCU had 1st and 10 at our 11 with 21 seconds and had their FG blocked.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 15, 2017, 08:21:56 pm
"Lucky" breaks by each team.

Down 3-0, at our 26, Gray breaks off a big run, but we forced a fumble at the 4 and recovered.
Up 3-0, we have 1st and goal at the 9 and are held to a FG.
up 20-7, we have 1st and goal at the 2 and end up being held to a missed FG getting nothing.
Tied 28 all, TCU had 1st and 10 at our 11 with 21 seconds and had their FG blocked.

Don't forget the "Throat Slash" penalty.

Also, Im pretty sure that we caught a lucky break on a TD catch by Porter with under a minute left that was called back for Illegal touching after he stepped out of bounds running his route.

Had he not stepped out they win the game in reguation

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 15, 2017, 07:58:46 pm

you are correct, the Hogs led the entire game and were up 20-7 at the end of the 3rd quarter.    TCU did get hot in the 4th quarter or the Hogs simply got cold and lost their focus as TCU tied it up and the Hogs wound up winning 41-38 in second overtime.........   TCU did not dominate that game in any way or fashion...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Al Boarland

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 15, 2017, 10:52:43 pm
you are correct, the Hogs led the entire game and were up 20-7 at the end of the 3rd quarter.    TCU did get hot in the 4th quarter or the Hogs simply got cold and lost their focus as TCU tied it up and the Hogs wound up winning 41-38 in second overtime.........   TCU did not dominate that game in any way or fashion...
TCU dominated the 4th quarter.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 16, 2017, 05:30:52 am
TCU dominated the 4th quarter.
You're kind of splitting atoms aren't you?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

hawg66

Except for that part in the 4th where Arkansas scored in 4 plays and a minute off the clock, then blocked the chip shot fg that would have won the game?  Al you try way too hard to rag on anything good the Hogs accomplish

Science Fiction Greg

I'll say again, because some people seem to have been misled.  Arkansas was not dominated in that game.  Arkansas didn't steal one in overtime.  Arkansas ate TCU alive, then vomited all over themselves in the 4th quarter.  Then wiped themselves off and finished their meal.  End of story.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

supersaint

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on August 16, 2017, 07:59:14 pm
I'll say again, because some people seem to have been misled.  Arkansas was not dominated in that game.  Arkansas didn't steal one in overtime.  Arkansas ate TCU alive, then vomited all over themselves in the 4th quarter.  Then wiped themselves off and finished their meal.  End of story.

This is a really great post. Very imaginative. Bravo.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

GoHogs1091

Of course, TCU has our game with them circled.

Patterson probably knows he is going to have a difficult time winning against Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, so he needs to win all of the other games on their schedule in order for them to make it to a decent bowl game.

Steef

Let me be clear-ER.

It is unwise to take this game for granted.

I'm not saying we will lose...or win.

But this is no gimmee. Cockiness is not warranted.

ricepig

Quote from: Steef on August 17, 2017, 06:39:53 am
Let me be clear-ER.

It is unwise to take this game for granted.

I'm not saying we will lose...or win.

But this is no gimmee. Cockiness is not warranted.

Lol, you think the players don't know that?? What somebody posts on here will have absolutely zero outcome on the game. Now, if you're trying to get certain posters to be in "touch" with reality, good luck.

Head