Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

widespreadsooie

SPAL

August 15, 2013, 04:12:03 pm #2801 Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:53:04 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Preseason week 2 (first posted play for stakes )
(week 1 2-3. No bankroll at stake. Practice run)

Browns pk .5 units. ......W

YTD RECORD 1-0

Tai_Mai_Shu

MMA action this weekend

1u on Max Holloway +245

1u on parlay of Matt Brown -190, Chael Sonnen - 110, and Joe Lauzon -230

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 16, 2013, 04:47:46 pm
Interesting stuff...

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/plano/headlines/20130815-plano-police-feds-bust-major-north-texas-gambling-operation.ece

thank the lord the police in plano don't have any other problems to worry about since they spent the last decade dealing with this investigation, into a victimless crime.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

SPAL

widespreadsooie

Well it said the investigation was put on hold at times due to other investigations that were inferred to be more important. Nevertheless, I agree with y'all.

widespreadsooie

Also:

Guys,

I don't see how a play gets any better opening week than Bama -18.5. The only thing that concerns me with this, is that I would think Vegas would realize this or expect you think what I'm thinking. Either way, I have enough confidence in this play to not let that bother me. If it's under 21 when my book opens on the 26th, big play for me at 2.5 units.

widespreadsooie

If the card had to be settled today:

Bama -18.5 @ 2.5u
Ok St. -12.5 @ 1.5u
Ohio +21 @ 1u
Toledo +23.5 @ 1u
Fresno -10 @ 1u

SPAL

Accidentally removed my message trying to modify it...had this one. 23-20 late in the 4th....raiders suffer a safety which leads to a FG. 8 point swing, I take a loss.

Raiders +7......L

YTD 1-1

BJOhog

when a school practices as hard everyday as alabama i wouldnt take them in a bet until before the ole gameday i cant tell you the times ive been burnt because of the better team getting injury bug

SPAL

August 17, 2013, 02:05:40 pm #2812 Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 12:14:39 am by sir-pigs-a-lot
New York jets -2 1 unit .......W

YTD 2-1

widespreadsooie

Quote from: BJOhog on August 17, 2013, 06:26:13 am
when a school practices as hard everyday as alabama i wouldnt take them in a bet until before the ole gameday i cant tell you the times ive been burnt because of the better team getting injury bug

What

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 17, 2013, 11:24:05 pm
What

be careful you don't put too much on the game until you see what the injury situation on game day is. May move the line if its significant, so you might get a better deal.

Why yes stewardess, I do speak redneck.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 16, 2013, 06:56:28 pm
Also:

Guys,

I don't see how a play gets any better opening week than Bama -18.5. The only thing that concerns me with this, is that I would think Vegas would realize this or expect you think what I'm thinking. Either way, I have enough confidence in this play to not let that bother me. If it's under 21 when my book opens on the 26th, big play for me at 2.5 units.

I am actually leaning the other way as of now, but I won't even look at it very hard until a few days before, and will place my bet the night before or morning of.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: BJOhog on August 17, 2013, 06:26:13 am

Injuries can certainly kill you if a wager is placed too early.  One other concern is many many times you see players benched for whatever reason.  Reason given is generally violation of team rules.  Could be DUI, public intox, any arrest really, minor in possession of alcohol, curfew violation and the list goes on and on.
Let's make some waves.

BJOhog

good point about the team rules yessir thats killed me on favorites early to

if i play a game early it will only be the underdog because lets be real honest if you are playing a team thats getting 15 or more then you are hoping the bad stuff to the other team happens before the game and trying to get the points early

SPAL

August 18, 2013, 04:45:05 pm #2818 Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:59:27 am by sir-pigs-a-lot
New York football giants -2 0.5 units......L

YTD record 2-2

BJOhog

i finally red the first post and see how this works so i got 1000 dollars and can play percents of it

ok 1000 dollars

tonight im playing 1 unit on  the redskins minus a half point in the first quarter and im taking the over in the same game at 39 and a half

SPAL

August 19, 2013, 05:03:47 pm #2820 Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 01:54:16 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Steeler +3.......1 unit      L

Preseason YTD 2-3

Quote from: BJOhog on August 19, 2013, 09:49:12 am
i finally red the first post and see how this works so i got 1000 dollars and can play percents of it

ok 1000 dollars

tonight im playing 1 unit on  the redskins minus a half point in the first quarter and im taking the over in the same game at 39 and a half

You can play any way you like my man.  We just don't want people coming on after the games coming on and saying they went 8-8 and made 10 k. Just wanting some accountability.
Let's make some waves.

This will be the first game I play, and no I generally don't play pre season, but.

Steelers +4.5. 5 unit play.
Let's make some waves.

widespreadsooie

Honestly curious, does anything really entice you into making a preseason play or is it just more for fun? It would be burning money for me.

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 19, 2013, 06:44:49 pm
Honestly curious, does anything really entice you into making a preseason play or is it just more for fun? It would be burning money for me.

Something enticed me tonight even though its not looking good.
Let's make some waves.

BJOhog

i typicaly play first quarter or half in preseasons cause i aint smart enough to figure out how those kids in the third and fourth quarters that are unknown will do

i also like to take overs in preseasons but i dont win even fifty percent of them ill guess more of just habit or a bad habit

SPAL

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 19, 2013, 06:44:49 pm

For me it's about working on my system. Trying new things, going with different angles , etc. I don't like guessing what works out of the gate, so preseason. Gives me that flexibility. That's why I start off shaky the first couple of weeks of college football, but then generally go on a hot streak. I e figured out things that work.

I never play more than a unit

SPAL

Jeff, your steelers better figure out the offensive line problems or its gonna be a long one.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 20, 2013, 01:23:26 am
Jeff, your steelers better figure out the offensive line problems or its gonna be a long one.

I hear ya.  They should be solid with the first five for the first time in a couple years, but any injuries and they are in trouble.

My bigger concern is LeVeon Bell not staying healthy.  They want this guy taking the bulk of the snaps this year.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on August 19, 2013, 06:11:59 pm
This will be the first game I play, and no I generally don't play pre season, but.

Steelers +4.5. 5 unit play.

Took one on the chin there!
Let's make some waves.

BJOhog

i dont no why i ever bet no dangum overs in preseason i am just plain stuburn i always think because each seaon nfl scoring goes up that preseaon should be a lolipagoozal of scoring and it just aint

looks like i broke even

back to 1k bankroll i got some angles for some up coming games though

widespreadsooie

Interested in seeing what Bama first half will be. I may play it up to 13.5 but expect around 11.

BJOhog

August 22, 2013, 05:19:51 pm #2832 Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:29:54 pm by BJOhog
2 units detroit first quarter
   252 Detroit Lions     -½

my bankroll is still even at 1000

2 units over 42 pnts caralina and baltamore

in real ole like i parlayed those above and got 3 to 1 odds for a hundred im not a big parlayer i just think i can catch this en here

Quote from: BJOhog on August 22, 2013, 05:19:51 pm
   252 Detroit Lions     -½

in real ole like i parlayed those above and got 3 to 1 odds for a hundred im not a big parlayer i just think i can catch this en here

Doing good if you are getting 3-1 on a two team parlay.  Most pay 2.5. To 1
Let's make some waves.

BJOhog

i put down 100 flat and to win i get 281 or the like
i never did understand that formula they use that online site when its person to person i know that for even up bet its around 2.5 but  yeah i liked the number and odds so i took it
like i say thouh usualy parlays are bets for suckers lets se if i can hit the over now

Quote from: BJOhog on August 22, 2013, 07:29:21 pm
i put down 100 flat and to win i get 281 or the like
i never did understand that formula they use that online site when its person to person i know that for even up bet its around 2.5 but  yeah i liked the number and odds so i took it
like i say thouh usualy parlays are bets for suckers lets se if i can hit the over now

Well it's probably two and a half for the parlay, but sometimes the money line gets bumped as well which can help.  In your case it helped. Good luck buddy hope you hit it!
Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: BJOhog on August 22, 2013, 05:19:51 pm
   252 Detroit Lions     -½

your over looking good for the Carolina game

*edit: so is your Lions game!

widespreadsooie

BJOhog

August 23, 2013, 06:47:02 am #2838 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 07:01:35 am by BJOhog
bankrol 1400
i just played this one online
191772176-1   8/23/13 am   $100.00   $139.88   Pending   2 Team Parlay
            Pending   8/23/13 8:00pm  NFL Football  255 Seattle Seahawks/Green Bay Packers Over 38 -210*
            Pending   8/23/13 10:00pm  NFL Football  257 Chicago Bears/Oakland Raiders Over 36 -160* 

parleys are for suckers and yeah thats ole me for certain

but ill the odds and play it more conservative like for lower payoff

il put 2 units on the same here and call the payout and los a straight bet since it almost is

BJOhog

Huckleberry Pig

odd to see -210 on the over, they should just raise the number

BJOhog

i droped the overunder myself on both games thats why i like that place i feel more comfortable about hitting those two in a parlay than i would at their set over under number and i get a little boost in payout from the parlay

all that being said i wish i had just put it all on chicago over 21 cause the raiders are jus plain horible

SPAL

August 23, 2013, 03:59:41 pm #2842 Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 12:07:04 am by sir-pigs-a-lot
Seahawks -2     2 units....W
Raiders    +4     1 unit......L

Preseason YTD 3-4

BJOhog

August 24, 2013, 06:30:01 am #2843 Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 07:08:27 am by BJOhog
i came out barely ahead i new i should have bet it all on chicagos over the raiders are truely crapola can take out back and woop bad this year
did you boys see greenbays dline last night i think i will use that for some future bets they got torn up all first half

you boys got any ideas on todays games

i think my bank roll is only at 1500 and i dont have any real angles today i may sit out todays bets

im gonna bet 3 units on philadepia minus a half point first half over jaxsonville i think i like betting against these bad teams

SPAL

August 24, 2013, 11:28:47 am #2844 Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:05:04 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Eagles        -3   3 units......W
Cowboys    -2.5 1 unit.......W
Dolphins    -3    1 unit .......L

Preseason YTD 5-5

SPAL

Eagles line has already moved to 5 since I posted this morning.

BJOhog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 24, 2013, 03:37:48 pm
Eagles line has already moved to 5 since I posted this morning.
ben watching it move all day i think that the odsmakers have heard somthing personally i think we are gonna see the ful oregon ofense today might be a good game to take an over to

SPAL

August 24, 2013, 05:27:28 pm #2847 Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 06:00:24 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Quote from: BJOhog on August 24, 2013, 04:25:44 pm
ben watching it move all day i think that the odsmakers have heard somthing personally i think we are gonna see the ful oregon ofense today might be a good game to take an over to

Good points

san1981

Starting placing action on week 1 of CFB. I like NC +11 and LSU -4. I was shocked LSU was only a 4 point favor. I wonder what Vegas knows...

SPAL

August 25, 2013, 02:20:53 pm #2849 Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 06:19:16 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
I don't really like any of the NFL games today. In fact, the game I'm playing only grades out to about a coin flip. So against my better judgment,

Saints  +3   1 unit......W

Preseason YTD 6-5