Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Off topic but lol...

Started by FreshHog, February 10, 2016, 09:21:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FreshHog

Figured you guys would enjoy this little banter on twitter seeing as we can all agree Eric Bollin is a loser... I dont know who this is from hogville, but you cracked me up.

greenEGnHAWGS

Ha ha...now that's funny right there! Love the RS reference.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

baitshop

Pfft....I like Ebo. He's like the rest of them, occasionally they write while hung over, but most of them do.

Maybe I am just easily entertained...
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

Porked Tongue

Reminds me of

Aunt Bee, Emma Brand and Clara Lindsey are having a gossip session at Walker's Drug Store when Andy comes by to get some sulfur powder for Barney who cut his finger cleaning his gun. Emma doesn't believe that's the whole story and Bee, Emma and Clara begin a grapevine that balloons the story up until the whole town thinks that Barney shot himself in the chest. Andy has a laugh at the women and their dispensing of misinformation and claims that gossip doesn't come as natural to men as it does to women. Angry at their dismissal of woman as nothing more than blabbermouths, Aunt Bee decides to plant a line of gossip in the male population of Mayberry by spreading a rumor about a traveling shoe salesman who is passing through town. Soon, Andy and Barney begin to wonder if he's really a salesman or a talent scout from Hollywood. The rumor grows and grows and soon the men in town are lined up outside his hotel room door ready to audition for what they think is The Manhattan Showtime television program. The meek little salesman thinks he's doing a booming business because of personal charisma - of which he has none - and as he drives out of town, the men are stunned when they discover that he really is a shoe salesman. Aunt Bee smiles with pride, and even stops by the courthouse to crow about it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Porked Tongue on February 10, 2016, 11:20:18 pm
Reminds me of

Aunt Bee, Emma Brand and Clara Lindsey are having a gossip session at Walker's Drug Store when Andy comes by to get some sulfur powder for Barney who cut his finger cleaning his gun. Emma doesn't believe that's the whole story and Bee, Emma and Clara begin a grapevine that balloons the story up until the whole town thinks that Barney shot himself in the chest. Andy has a laugh at the women and their dispensing of misinformation and claims that gossip doesn't come as natural to men as it does to women. Angry at their dismissal of woman as nothing more than blabbermouths, Aunt Bee decides to plant a line of gossip in the male population of Mayberry by spreading a rumor about a traveling shoe salesman who is passing through town. Soon, Andy and Barney begin to wonder if he's really a salesman or a talent scout from Hollywood. The rumor grows and grows and soon the men in town are lined up outside his hotel room door ready to audition for what they think is The Manhattan Showtime television program. The meek little salesman thinks he's doing a booming business because of personal charisma - of which he has none - and as he drives out of town, the men are stunned when they discover that he really is a shoe salesman. Aunt Bee smiles with pride, and even stops by the courthouse to crow about it.

Thanks for that reminder! That was one really good episode!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 11, 2016, 06:04:28 am
Thanks for that reminder! That was one really good episode!

Tough to find a bad one.  Best TV show ever.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

gmarv

Sow’sEar

Floyd Lawson:  "The shoes? What shoes?   Oh! the Shoes!.... right"