Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rawleigh Williams cleared to play. SIAP

Started by bigpigpimpin, February 07, 2016, 08:49:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

deucea729

Best news of the offseason. Go get 'em, Rawleigh!

MuskogeeHogFan

No different than what Bielema has already indicated.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 07, 2016, 09:15:00 pm
No different than what Bielema has already indicated.

Which is what was quoted from above on Feb 3rd. He did say SIAP.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

The real question will be how he recovers mentally.

Wasn't there an OL from the King Clown era that had a nasty injury and couldn't recover mentally?  Ended up being a track and field guy only.  Shotputter if I recall.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

HogFoo

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 07, 2016, 09:31:08 pm
The real question will be how he recovers mentally.

Wasn't there an OL from the King Clown era that had a nasty injury and couldn't recover mentally?  Ended up being a track and field guy only.  Shotputter if I recall.
Marcus Clavelle was his name i believe.   And i think at the time be was the biggest Hog plYer we had ever had, and now that kid looks average for a Bielema  OL.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

HogFoo

Quote from: deucea729 on February 07, 2016, 08:55:01 pm
Best news of the offseason. Go get 'em, Rawleigh!
i agree, this was best news of off-season.   Its like we just picked up a 5*  except he already has experience.   I think he'll have a helluva season.  I believe our run game with him, whaley/walker/johnson , will take off right where Collins/walker left last season.  I believe  our run game will be very strong! Even with a pretty new OLine.  I think our TEs will be strong, with Sprinkle being the next award winner as best TE.  I think our WRs will be very strong!  And last but not least, i believe that Enos wil have Austin allen primed and ready and i think he'll have a very good career.

Mix that in with a defense that i think will be nearly as good as Spaight/flowers/philon defense.  We're gonna have a pretty good year.  Watch and see.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

hogcard1964

I think we're going to see a great running game from our Hogs this year. 

The combo of Williams, Whaley, Johnson and Walker are going to be a force.

I just hope we make the right choice at QB.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 08, 2016, 08:32:55 am
I think we're going to see a great running game from our Hogs this year. 

The combo of Williams, Whaley, Johnson and Walker are going to be a force.

I just hope we make the right choice at QB.
I'm drawing a blank on Johnson??

Pardon my ignorance if this is an obvious one.....

The_Iceman

No need for him to take contact in spring anyways. Give that neck plenty of time to heal. This will give Day, Evans, and Walker plenty of reps.

hogcard1964

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on February 08, 2016, 08:36:40 am

No, my mistake....

sorry

Bacons Rebellion

hogcard1964

DeltaBoy

Thank the Lord for answered Prayers.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 08, 2016, 08:42:34 am
No need for him to take contact in spring anyways. Give that neck plenty of time to heal. This will give Day, Evans, and Walker plenty of reps.

We know Rawleigh's talent. And it makes sense to wait until Fall to see were he lands on the depth chart. I agree, we need to see more from Day and Evans, so Spring is their chance to step up.

Here's an article/editorial I just ran across.
http://razorbackers.com/2016/02/06/arkansas-needs-rawleigh-williams-helm/
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

TM Hog

I'm really looking forward to see Evans get more snaps.  I was really impressed with him last season.  Although it was only a few snaps he was quick!

nwahogfan1

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2016, 08:52:58 pm
https://twitter.com/SportsTalkwBo/status/694978342844497920

I don't think his neck will heal any more between now and fall so my guess is he is being held out this spring for other reasons.  We are extremely low on good SEC RBs.   
Quote from: TM Hog on February 08, 2016, 10:00:56 am
I'm really looking forward to see Evans get more snaps.  I was really impressed with him last season.  Although it was only a few snaps he was quick!

You have to understand there is a reason he only got a few snaps.  It is not to protect him.  It is probable because he is a below average SEC RB.  He does not look like a SEC back in the spring. 

I want to see Day in the spring.  Can he be a SEC quality back?

ricepig

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 08, 2016, 10:08:21 am
I don't think his neck will heal any more between now and fall so my guess is he is being held out this spring for other reasons.  We are extremely low on good SEC RBs.   

Let's see, how many broken vertebra have you dealt with?

PorkRinds

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on February 08, 2016, 08:36:40 am

Johnson is the stud FB we signed out of Columbia. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 08, 2016, 08:44:57 am
No, my mistake....

sorry

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.  ;)  We have a FB named Johnson that should be a big contributor.

Hawgfan5

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 07, 2016, 08:49:31 pm
Was cleared on Feb. 3rd.

That's the best news I've heard in a while!  I'm happy for the young man and (selfishly) for our team!  He looked great last year before his injury.

War Boar

Great news. It will be nice to see that young man back on the field. WPS!!!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: HogFoo on February 07, 2016, 11:18:34 pm
Marcus Clavelle was his name i believe.   And i think at the time be was the biggest Hog plYer we had ever had, and now that kid looks average for a Bielema  OL.

That's it.
I was so disappointed for him and the team.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Doyle Hograves

***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

ALLVOL

So glad to hear that. I prayed for him. That injury scared me quite a bit.

BigD94

That's great to hear, he will be much needed this season. Almost forgot how good he looked after watching that video.
WOO PIG!

TuskFexas

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 08, 2016, 10:08:21 am

Really?? 6months isn't enough time for any healing at all?  What is he 90 years old?
The smoker I drink, the player I get!

jgphillips3

I felt he was just about to break out big time when he got hurt.  I'll probably hold my breath every time he touches the ball for about three games but if he wants to play and is cleared, I can't wait to see him.  When he enters that first game, we need to rock the stadium with cheers for him.

MissippHog

Can't wait to have RW3 back in the fold.  Young man will make us all proud  :razorback:

hobhog

Kind of related: punk ass Talib of the Broncos brags that he threw Panthers player out by face mask on 3 yard line on purpose because he knew the penalty would be minimal that close to goal. Two thoughts: did the safety of a fellow NFL player not enter your mind? And the difference between the 3 yard line and the 1.5 in the NFL is huge, especially when you have a great defense and it's the SUPER BOWL.

He was fined for poking a player in the eye earlier in season too, and had THREE personal fouls in the game. Punk ass.....