Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NWA's 4029

Started by hawg1221, February 05, 2016, 05:37:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawg1221

Channel 4029 in Northwest Arkansas had a segment about the Super Bowl teams this week leading up to the big game on Sunday. No problem right? They even thanked their San Francisco affiliate for the report. Well there was a problem. It was last years teams. I find it interesting that a mistake like this can be made. I wonder what percentage of people know who the teams are if a survey was done.

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

I hope Denver crushes the Cowboys.

Buff

I can't wait to see Steve Harvey presenting the Super Bowl 50 trophy to the New England Patriots

Boog41

No offense to the good people who work at 4029, but the management there gave up on everything except weather and traffic some years ago.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 05, 2016, 05:37:02 pm
Channel 4029 in Northwest Arkansas had a segment about the Super Bowl teams this week leading up to the big game on Sunday. No problem right? They even thanked their San Francisco affiliate for the report. Well there was a problem. It was last years teams. I find it interesting that a mistake like this can be made. I wonder what percentage of people know who the teams are if a survey was done.

Maybe they should rename the team the Santa Clara or San Jose 49ers. It is a pretty long ways from where the new stadium is to San Francisco. It is much closer to San Jose. Santa Clara is actually a suburb of San Jose instead of San Francisco. The Mineta San Jose International airport is practically downtown San Jose. Levi's Stadium is just off the northern takeoff/landing pattern. It's so close if a plane had trouble it could literally fall into the stadium. Our son lives in San Jose and on our last trip flying there when we left I could practically read the seat numbers on the seats in the stadium. I was real curious as to why it was built there. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

onebadrubi

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 06, 2016, 10:11:46 am
Maybe they should rename the team the Santa Clara or San Jose 49ers. It is a pretty long ways from where the new stadium is to San Francisco. It is much closer to San Jose. Santa Clara is actually a suburb of San Jose instead of San Francisco. The Mineta San Jose International airport is practically downtown San Jose. Levi's Stadium is just off the northern takeoff/landing pattern. It's so close if a plane had trouble it could literally fall into the stadium. Our son lives in San Jose and on our last trip flying there when we left I could practically read the seat numbers on the seats in the stadium. I was real curious as to why it was built there.

$$$$$$$$

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 06, 2016, 01:37:08 pm
$$$$$$$$

Saving it. It would have cost more to build it anywhere inside San Francisco. My curiosity however was on the fact it is so close to the airport, not financial.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

H&D

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 05, 2016, 05:37:02 pm

The look on the anchors face when they came back was like W T F??
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Boog41 on February 05, 2016, 08:00:55 pm
No offense to the good people who work at 4029, but the management there gave up on everything except weather and traffic some years ago.

Yeah, I have a friend that works for them.  I feel bad for him.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Wayne Watson on February 07, 2016, 02:57:24 pm
Yeah, I have a friend that works for them.  I feel bad for him.
you have friends??  ;)

PP

mhsbc59

I saw the Title and thought you where talking about NWA  2,013 years into the future
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

rljjr

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: mhsbc59 on February 08, 2016, 03:59:18 pm
I saw the Title and thought you where talking about NWA  2,013 years into the future

In the year Forty Twenty-Nine,
Hogs still have the biggest offensive line,
Robot tells us sixty times a game,
That's our only claim to fame...

mhsbc59

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on February 08, 2016, 06:00:03 pm
In the year Forty Twenty-Nine,
Hogs still have the biggest offensive line,
Robot tells us sixty times a game,
That's our only claim to fame...
Are we still playing games in little rock though
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

BirmingHam

Quote from: mhsbc59 on February 08, 2016, 06:54:18 pm
Are we still playing games in little rock though

Yes, we play stAte and we get to wear anthracite each year

mhsbc59

Quote from: BirmingHam on February 08, 2016, 07:05:33 pm
As long as they keep the pettie Jean meats commercials all will be well

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BirmingHam on February 08, 2016, 07:05:33 pm
But after one year, stAte fans start complaining about not getting 1/2 the tickets, instead of the usual allotment for the visiting team.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Wild Bill Hog

Is the game going to be on TV?

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/