Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's a guess on a RB coach....

Started by PorkBilly, February 05, 2016, 02:54:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BPsTheMan

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 06, 2016, 09:20:14 am
Now we are talking. We can't be the only 2 ppl on this board that thinks this is a great idea. I'm sure we can find at least one more........

add Gary Gibbs and... The Entire Clemson Coaching Staff

tophawg19

don't forget Conque and there was another one who's name i can't remember
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

BPsTheMan

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 06, 2016, 10:27:30 am
don't forget Conque and there was another one who's name i can't remember

Rick Jones at Greenwood

tophawg19

gary gibbs was the other one add Jones and with those four we could win a National Championship and the Super Bowl in the same season

Inhogswetrust

How about Joe Foley! He's done great at UALR!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

tophawg19

we are saving him for when Mike Anderson flames out

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 06, 2016, 10:33:34 am
we are saving him for when Mike Anderson flames out

Then lets go after Gino! He's done pretty good at UConn.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogwild

Quote from: redeye on February 05, 2016, 09:58:50 pm
Isn't Jabbar Jaluke the guy many LSU fans want to replace Frank Wilson?

He'd be a great choice, if LSU doesn't hire him first.

Texas Tech already hired him, side note I work with Jaluke's cousin.

Looks like LSU is hiring Michael Smith to replace a coach that left for the 49ers.

Soooie21

BPsTheMan

Let's just use this thread to make a historic statement before Super Bowl 50...

The greatest coach who ever lived is Gary Gibbs, followed closely by Clint Conque

And Steve Campbell at UCA

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hogwild on February 06, 2016, 10:33:43 am
Texas Tech already hired him, side note I work with Jaluke's cousin.

Looks like LSU is hiring Michael Smith to replace a coach that left for the 49ers.

Dude, The LSU coach that left for the 49ers was a year ago. They replaced him with Ball the WR coach who was at UGA.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/02/lsu_hires_georgias_tony_ball_a.html

Now they may try to hire Michael Smith as a RB coach to replace Frank Wilson

Hogwild

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 06, 2016, 10:38:24 am
Dude, The LSU coach that left for the 49ers was a year ago. They replaced him with Ball the WR coach who was at UGA.

Now they may try to hire Michael Smith as a RB coach to replace Frank Wilson

Your right I am not sure who he would replacing, I just heard that LSU vetted him a year ago and he is the leading candidate for the position with them.

When I heard it on the radio I google it and got an article that said he was being considered to replace a coach the left for 49ers, didn't realize it was February 2015. 

Paul

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on February 06, 2016, 08:33:15 am
hire my cousin Bill Shimek - he's only like 80 years old, he can still go
does Billy Sims have a son?  can he still stay in a motel for 40 days?  Remember him when he coached at Forrest City

Hambunctious

Who in the heck says Smith is going to LSU? Doesn't he have the non-compete clause in his contract?
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

ricepig

Quote from: Hambunctious on February 06, 2016, 02:41:57 pm
Who in the heck says Smith is going to LSU? Doesn't he have the non-compete clause in his contract?

Don't think so, he was in the first group of coaches and I don't think his 1 yr extension had it in it. Every time there's an opening down there, the corndogs say he's in the running for the job.

thefisher

Quote from: JackJohnson on February 05, 2016, 03:33:29 pm
won't be ingram.  he got fired for soliciting a prostitute.

So .... are you insinuating that he would be a better match at Louisville?  Still to soon?
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: TX HOG on February 05, 2016, 09:02:35 pm
I mean, someone may call it.  seriously, who called our current new assistant coaches??  Coach B think way outside the box it seems...

And who even called Bielema being hired. I know I sure didn't

jjdlc

I doubt CBB lets LSU get Smith without a fight.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: jjdlc on February 06, 2016, 03:50:25 pm
I doubt CBB lets LSU get Smith without a fight.

I agree but 2 things will prevent him from staying.

1. It's his home. He left Kansas State where his is a Alum to come here to be closer to home.

2. LSU paid their last RB more than we paid Dan Enos last season

Now I'm pretty sure his daughter is on the Softball team here. So that is a plus for us

lilRockNDubb

reddogjcss

1. Must be a great recruiter.
2. Must be a great RB coach.
3. Want someone who is genius, best in business as Special Teams

That's what I want!

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: reddogjcss on February 06, 2016, 05:21:54 pm
1. Must be a great recruiter.
2. Must be a great RB coach.
3. Want someone who is genius, best in business as Special Teams

That's what I want!
I am officially announcing myself as being available for the position of RB coach at the University Of Arkansas.   
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: Hog1952 on February 05, 2016, 04:08:53 pm
We need an ace recruiter with Texas ties.

NFL experience/Texas ties. But knowing Coach B it will be someone completely out of left field.

redeye

Quote from: Hogwild on February 06, 2016, 10:44:20 am
Your right I am not sure who he would replacing, I just heard that LSU vetted him a year ago and he is the leading candidate for the position with them.

When I heard it on the radio I google it and got an article that said he was being considered to replace a coach the left for 49ers, didn't realize it was February 2015.

Smith has more experience coaching running backs, then he does wide receivers.  He's definitely on their radar and I hope we pay him enough to stay.  Even muddbone had positive things to say about Coach Smith while he was recruiting his son.

I'd forgotten about Tech hiring Juluke, but maybe he'd consider leaving for Arkansas, as George McDonald did after accepting our job?  It seems like it'd be worth a try and I'm sure he'd have better luck recruiting New Orleans for Arkansas, then TT.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on February 06, 2016, 07:10:55 pm
NFL experience/Texas ties. But knowing Coach B it will be someone completely out of left field.

Don't need the NFL experience. Just needs to be able to coach and have the respect of Texas coaches/players. Claude Mathis...

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 06, 2016, 06:42:54 am
It's kind of like trying to guess what your wife is thinking...........O.K. Bad analogy. Sorry.
sadly, I know what she's thinking

PP

BPsTheMan

George Wilson is qualified right now, and available

Wonder if he wants to coach?

whosiskid

I never even try to guess who Bielema will hire. To use what is now a slightly out of fashion expression, Bielema always thinks outside the box on his coaching hires. And while a couple of them have proven to not be so great, several have been brilliant. I love Anderson. We'll see how he does as a recruiter, but he is without any question the most fun coach we've had since . . . well, since Reggie Herring? He certainly has a lot of personality.

But all in all I think he has made some great choices.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went with a new WR coach and moved Smith to running back coach. I don't think there is any question that we would have gotten Devin White if Smith had been his position coach. Those Louisiana kids really love him. He has a background as a running back coach and had proven to be one of our best recruiters. I wouldn't mind seeing someone from the NFL like with Anderson.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

reddogjcss

Every hire has been an Upgrade in my opinion and I figure this hire will be an UPGRADE also. I read where we had great coaches contacting us on OL opening and figure the same is happening now. That's a great situation to be in. Coaches wanting to come to Ark and coach under Bilema knowing it will improve there future hire stock. That's a great change even though it leads to some turn over.

RaisinHog

It's prolly gona be marshawn Lynch that's why he is retiring

rkjones

Quote from: RaisinHog on February 07, 2016, 10:34:28 am
It's prolly gona be marshawn Lynch that's why he is retiring

Your comment made me imagine Lynch and Kiero Small coaching together, and then it made me wonder what it would be like to have Small lead blocking for Lynch.  That would be a joy to see... unless you're on the opposing defense.

RaisinHog

Quote from: rkjones on February 07, 2016, 10:48:00 am
Your comment made me imagine Lynch and Kiero Small coaching together, and then it made me wonder what it would be like to have Small lead blocking for Lynch.  That would be a joy to see... unless you're on the opposing defense.

Lol I was just thinking we would never have a press conference from coach Lynch lmbo !! But I'm sure coach B has already been on the phone with Russell Wilson who shall act as the middle man to get this in the works :)

yraciv

Quote from: reddogjcss on February 06, 2016, 11:58:38 pm
Every hire has been an Upgrade in my opinion and I figure this hire will be an UPGRADE also. I read where we had great coaches contacting us on OL opening and figure the same is happening now. That's a great situation to be in. Coaches wanting to come to Ark and coach under Bilema knowing it will improve there future hire stock. That's a great change even though it leads to some turn over.

I'm glad you think of it that way.  Sam Pittman is damn good! I haven't seen our OL under  Anderson yet, but if we come out even on that one, I'll be satisfied.

26.2Hog

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on February 06, 2016, 04:44:36 pm

Home Run hire..
Tommie Robinson
http://m.usctrojans.com/m/sports/m-footbl/mtt/tommie_robinson_841813.html

You can forget Tommie Robinson. He has been at Texas the past two years, and three weeks ago he left Texas to return to USC.

lumphog

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on February 06, 2016, 10:40:48 am
Let's just use this thread to make a historic statement before Super Bowl 50...

The greatest coach who ever lived is Gary Gibbs, followed closely by Clint Conque

And Steve Campbell at UCA
Never liked the Bee Gee's

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: whosiskid on February 06, 2016, 11:33:35 pm
I never even try to guess who Bielema will hire. To use what is now a slightly out of fashion expression, Bielema always thinks outside the box on his coaching hires. And while a couple of them have proven to not be so great, several have been brilliant. I love Anderson. We'll see how he does as a recruiter, but he is without any question the most fun coach we've had since . . . well, since Reggie Herring? He certainly has a lot of personality.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went with a new WR coach and moved Smith to running back coach. I don't think there is any question that we would have gotten Devin White if Smith had been his position coach. Those Louisiana kids really love him. He has a background as a running back coach and had proven to be one of our best recruiters

wouldn't mind seeing someone from the NFL like with Anderson.
If history is any guide then I would totally agree. Even with all the conjecture at various positions that have opened up I honestly don't recall anyone correctly forecasting the eventual hire yet.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Tom Coughlin.
Did wonders with Tiki Barber and he's available.

Discuss.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

RaisinHog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 07, 2016, 07:22:42 pm
Tom Coughlin.
Did wonders with Tiki Barber and he's available.

Discuss.
Il bite... I would rather have someone with college recruiting history but hell il take him

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: RaisinHog on February 07, 2016, 09:27:32 pm
Il bite... I would rather have someone with college recruiting history but hell il take him

Well, with BB's knack for completely off the radar picks, Coughlin is as credible as anyone else's guess.

Right?
;D
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Hoggish1

Quote from: yraciv on February 07, 2016, 11:34:51 am
I'm glad you think of it that way.  Sam Pittman is damn good! I haven't seen our OL under  Anderson yet, but if we come out even on that one, I'll be satisfied.

Anderson is an upgrade over SP, just wait and you'll see...

PonderinHog

Posts 1-89 are incorrect.  Take it to the bank...

RazorPiggie

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: 26.2Hog on February 07, 2016, 02:57:31 pm
You can forget Tommie Robinson. He has been at Texas the past two years, and three weeks ago he left Texas to return to USC.

With Bielema you can forget all of the names being thrown around.. He would be considered a home run hire to most of HV. Well until he leaves then he turns into the worst thing to coach.

thebignasty

I think it'll be Darrel Royal's head or Tavern Johnston.

secneahog

Quote from: whosiskid on February 06, 2016, 11:33:35 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if he went with a new WR coach and moved Smith to running back coach. I don't think there is any question that we would have gotten Devin White if Smith had been his position coach. Those Louisiana kids really love him. He has a background as a running back coach and had proven to be one of our best recruiters. I wouldn't mind seeing someone from the NFL like with Anderson.

Dude....white was Going to lsu....they sponged his dads arrest records...wouldn't have mattered about smith..
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

reddogjcss

Could be Houston Nutt back as RB coach! Lol lmbo

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

PorkSoda

I thought he was a character from starwars...
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Boardon Hamsay

I thought Jabbar Jaluke played this guy in "Airplane!"

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.