Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Singleton to Indianapolis Colts

Started by Trey1981, February 05, 2016, 01:57:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 05, 2016, 01:59:35 pm
Jeez... Could everybody get off us for a bit?

Would you prefer nobody wanted our coaches?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hobhog

Most coaches dream of NFL jobs. May not work out but have to try.

Love to get Horton back from Auburn. Good recruiter and should be looking to get away from that train wreck.

Seebs

Paid More? check
Pension in few years? check
Not having to cow tow to snotty nosed recruits that expect the world? check
Having much more time off that in college? check
Not having to pretend to like the home cooked meals at recruits' houses? check
More time with family? check

Not having to feel the need to explain yourself on such a self-evident, great thing that happened to him and his family to mentally distraught Hogville posters ... check and mate. 

Next great RB coach will come in and also leave for the NFL. It is what we do  and it is a recruiting tool if positioned properly.   
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

immahog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 06, 2016, 06:01:22 am
Whewe can I send my wesume? I love wunning backs and wecwuiting. My wecowd speaks fow itself.

Sincewely,

Danny Nutt

oh I thought this was sterling from cedder ridge on bo's show and doubble B's   "Im weady to woll wright know BO"
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

FANONTHEHILL

If you call yourself "Running Back U" your coaches are going to be highly sought after.  It drives me crazy when fans get so emotional about coaches moving on.  It's their profession.  It's business.  I doubt anyone one would turn down an opportunity to advance our careers.  The running backs, just like the offensive linemen previously, will move on.  I'm very happy for Coach Singleton and his family.  He's a great guy and will be very well received in Indianapolis.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Hogwild

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 05, 2016, 02:43:19 pm
Smith to RB coach and bring in George McDonald. Recruiting maximization

I think we are losing Smith too.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hogwild on February 06, 2016, 10:39:02 am

If LSU offers him yes.

But I'm not sure they will, they passed on him last year for their WR position.

PorkRinds

opineonswine

Quote from: hobhog on February 06, 2016, 07:45:22 am

Love to get Horton back from Auburn. Good recruiter and should be looking to get away from that train wreck.

Never happen. 

Smokehouse

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on February 06, 2016, 08:36:32 am
If you call yourself "Running Back U" your coaches are going to be highly sought after.  It drives me crazy when fans get so emotional about coaches moving on.  It's their profession.  It's business.  I doubt anyone one would turn down an opportunity to advance our careers.  The running backs, just like the offensive linemen previously, will move on.  I'm very happy for Coach Singleton and his family.  He's a great guy and will be very well received in Indianapolis.

I don't see anyone getting angry at Singleton for leaving. Most seem to get why he's leaving but are upset that it's happening. I get people being bummed that he's going; stability would be awesome. It's just at a certain point you need to accept that this is just how it is and cap your frustration level.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

HOGINTENNESSEE

texas tush hog

tophawg19

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on February 05, 2016, 07:10:27 pm

"a Bret problem meshing with the coaches he hires?" is you being a drama queen
drama princess . not good enough yet to be a queen . the agenda is too easy to see
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

i don't get why people don't understand . Assistants move every year even at the top schools . i think every team in the SEC except maybe ole miss ???? have lost assistant coaches . It's when nobody wants your coaches that you should worry. We are also on the lower end of the SEC pay scale so we either have to step up the pay or keep hunting new coaches. We could probably slow this down by throwing another million in the coaches pay pool . At least that would get us closer to the top SEC teams
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Scott7703

Quote from: Hogwild on February 06, 2016, 10:39:02 am

Singleton was absent from both recruiting events which made it obvious he was going somewhere. Smith was present and happy. Not that it's the end all to answering his future I'll assume he is staying.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 06, 2016, 03:37:48 pm
i don't get why people don't understand . Assistants move every year even at the top schools . i think every team in the SEC except maybe ole miss ???? have lost assistant coaches . It's when nobody wants your coaches that you should worry. We are also on the lower end of the SEC pay scale so we either have to step up the pay or keep hunting new coaches. We could probably slow this down by throwing another million in the coaches pay pool . At least that would get us closer to the top SEC teams

The Non SEC complete clauses eliminate the issue of paying on the middle to lower scale of the SEC for Asst.

As the amounts we are paying are in the top tier of every other conferences for asst.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 06, 2016, 03:47:52 pm

Singleton was absent from both recruiting events which made it obvious he was going somewhere. Smith was present and happy. Not that it's the end all to answering his future I'll assume he is staying.

If LSU offers him he will be gone. Now I don't believe they will. But if they did he is gone

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hogdomer on February 05, 2016, 02:16:24 pm
There is almost no doubt he was.  It seems highly unlikely that this wasn't in the works before Wednesday and I can't imagine Wahley was told.  The only thing you could say is that pretty much every coach/team does it at some point.

Yea you can't say your leaving til your leaving.  It's amazing how many people don't understand this.  I sold a business once and I was securing contracts til the second the ink was dry.  Had a little kickback but I told them that's business and I worked until the day I didn't have a business.  Before the ink is dry you don't have a deal same as a recruits LOI.

passinghog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 06, 2016, 03:44:54 pm
The Non SEC complete clauses eliminate the issue of paying on the middle to lower scale of the SEC for Asst.

As the amounts we are paying are in the top tier of every other conferences for asst.

This really means nothing though. We shouldn't care about other conferences. If you were the member of the most prestigious firm, and they paid the most, you wouldn't bring up what the other lower paying firms compensate their employees because you don't work for them. We need to pay more. We easily have the resources to do so too.

ricepig

Quote from: Showtimehog on February 06, 2016, 04:49:39 pm
This really means nothing though. We shouldn't care about other conferences. If you were the member of the most prestigious firm, and they paid the most, you wouldn't bring up what the other lower paying firms compensate their employees because you don't work for them. We need to pay more. We easily have the resources to do so too.

Easily?? Maybe not as easy as you assume, as everyone ahead of us has a bigger stadium, thus more money in the budget. Mizzou is a tad higher than us, and their stadium is a little smaller, so there is your outlier of the group.

reddogjcss

Was he not also SP Teams coach?
Every new hire has turned out to be an upgrade in my book. Time for another UPGRADE!
I want them to hire someone that's a SP genius. We need SP team help in a big way!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: reddogjcss on February 06, 2016, 05:14:55 pm
Was he not also SP Teams coach?
Every new hire has turned out to be an upgrade in my book. Time for another UPGRADE!
I want them to hire someone that's a SP genius. We need SP team help in a big way!

Just for coverage units. The blocking on FG was Pittman responsibility

HOGINTENNESSEE

February 06, 2016, 05:49:33 pm #172 Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 06:30:52 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: Showtimehog on February 06, 2016, 04:49:39 pm

1. We play other conferences

2.It does when we have non compete clauses for current asst it actually helps not get caught in bidding war the other SEC programs to keep our coaches.

Example, UGA would have paid Enos 900k. Now we will raise to around 750-800k range.

hogcam

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 06, 2016, 05:45:58 pm
Just for coverage units. The blocking on FG was Pittman responsibility
True.. Go watch our kick off coverage.... BAD

BirmingHam

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 06, 2016, 06:01:22 am
Whewe can I send my wesume? I love wunning backs and wecwuiting. My wecowd speaks fow itself.

Sincewely,

Danny Nutt

Take it to the Alma Sonic, order a Route 44 and wait for reply

Scott7703

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 06, 2016, 03:46:00 pm
If LSU offers him he will be gone. Now I don't believe they will. But if they did he is gone

I don't think he goes either way.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 06, 2016, 08:12:17 pm
I don't think he goes either way.

His reasoning for coming to Arkansas was it was closer to home. LSU is much closer to his home. He will leave for LSU if offered

That being said I don't think LSU will offer him.