Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Singleton to Indianapolis Colts

Started by Trey1981, February 05, 2016, 01:57:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

searkhogfan

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 05, 2016, 04:57:53 pm
It for in a row going to the NFL for CBB dating back to Wisconsin for RB coaches. John Settle, TJ Hammonds, JT and now coach Sing

You're correct.

PorkRinds

We've got a coach that's put every RB coach in recent memory in the NFL and have some ninnies on here upset that we lost one. Chances are he will get another guy that's NFL caliber. I figure we will be fine.

oldhawg

Not sure what kind of connections that Coach Bielema has with pro teams, but if one of his assistants expressed an interest in coaching with a pro team, my guess is that Bielema would try to help him find a suitable position (unless said coach was Sam Pittman :)

jkstock04

Not that big a deal. RB coaches are a dime a dozen.

Get a guy in here that knows how to recruit, & has ties to the south where we recruit is all I ask. We don't need another Big 10 guy on staff.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Speaking of losing assistant coaches, there wasa rumor on here that we would be losing Hargreaves to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Has that gone away?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 05, 2016, 05:16:57 pm
Not that big a deal. RB coaches are a dime a dozen.

Get a guy in here that knows how to recruit, & has ties to the south where we recruit is all I ask. We don't need another Big 10 guy on staff.

Dan Enos is the only guy on staff outside of CBB that has been on a Big 10 staff ever.

Paul

Quote from: regi on February 05, 2016, 02:56:59 pm
Call Dameyan Craig, make him Ass HC and recruiting Coordinator. The guy speaks the language, these kids and Southern families. Understand. You are welcome CBB. And please, no more yankee Big10 hires. We have met our wuota.
No thanks, don't want any coach from that cesspool

oldhawg

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 05, 2016, 05:17:23 pm
Speaking of losing assistant coaches, there wasa rumor on here that we would be losing Hargreaves to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Has that gone away?

I believe I read that Hargreaves declined the Eagle's offer.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: oldhawg on February 05, 2016, 05:22:13 pm

Thanks.
I'd +1 you if I could.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: oldhawg on February 05, 2016, 05:22:13 pm

It was Segrest and he did turn it down

ricepig

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 05, 2016, 05:17:23 pm

Has that gone away?

Hargreaves??? You sure you aren't thinking of DL coach Rory Segrest who used to coach there?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 05, 2016, 05:10:52 pm
We've got a coach that's put every RB coach in recent memory in the NFL and have some ninnies on here upset that we lost one. Chances are he will get another guy that's NFL caliber. I figure we will be fine.

Probably right, but there is something to be said for continuity in coaching staffs. On the other hand, if your program is helping Asst. Coaches achieve what is perceived as a high level by everyone else, you are always going to have to have to deal with this turnover in staff and some of it may have nothing to do with compensation as it has to do with upward mobility. I hate to lose Singleton, but this is the bad part of having a really good staff. Everyone wants them. Hopefully we get another good guy to replace Singleton.
Go Hogs Go!

HOGINTENNESSEE

One thing I know is the next RB coach will have a history of low fumbles

oldhawg

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 05, 2016, 05:21:02 pm
It was Segrest and he did turn it down

Oh, you're right.  Thanks for the correction.

Dr. Pepper

Wow it was a joke.  Lighten up

What is Danny doing nowadays?
:razorback:   :razorback:   :razorback:

Joe Hog

I'd hire a coach from Ole Piss for recruiting purposes.

ricepig

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on February 05, 2016, 05:34:33 pm
Wow it was a joke.  Lighten up

What is Danny doing nowadays?

East Illinois RB coach

Joe Hog

I would make sure my competitors had to give big raises to their RB coaches.

jkstock04

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 05, 2016, 05:20:01 pm
Dan Enos is the only guy on staff outside of CBB that has been on a Big 10 staff ever.

You don't consider Anderson a big 10 guy? I do.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 05, 2016, 05:46:56 pm

He has only been a GA in the Big 10. Never there as an asst.

oldhawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 05, 2016, 05:46:56 pm

Big 10 coaches can't be all bad, Nick Saban's roots are Toledo and Michigan State.

swineology

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 05, 2016, 05:22:44 pm
Probably right, but there is something to be said for continuity in coaching staffs. On the other hand, if your program is helping Asst. Coaches achieve what is perceived as a high level by everyone else, you are always going to have to have to deal with this turnover in staff and some of it may have nothing to do with compensation as it has to do with upward mobility. I hate to lose Singleton, but this is the bad part of having a really good staff. Everyone wants them. Hopefully we get another good guy to replace Singleton.

Seems if I remember correctly that Coach B's beef was at Wisky that Alverez didn't appropriate enough money to keep Bret's assistants on staff long term.

Is money a problem here, or is it a Bret problem meshing with the coaches he hires?

We really need some stability in the coaching staff. I fear Enos will flee the fort next year. How in the heck will we ever contend for the west without a stable coaching staff hat has been vested for 3-5 years?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Get Larry Porter here like yesterday.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Captain Morgan

Well...
Bye...

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

ricepig

Quote from: swineology on February 05, 2016, 06:12:15 pm
Seems if I remember correctly that Coach B's beef was at Wisky that Alverez didn't appropriate enough money to keep Bret's assistants on staff long term.

Is money a problem here, or is it a Bret problem meshing with the coaches he hires?

We really need some stability in the coaching staff. I fear Enos will flee the fort next year. How in the heck will we ever contend for the west without a stable coaching staff hat has been vested for 3-5 years?

So, if someone pays you $100,000 more, you don't leave? Now, what we don't know is how hard we tried to match his salary, or if we tried, did it matter. He didn't land a recruit this year, so there's that.

Hambunctious

Quote from: ricepig on February 05, 2016, 06:34:05 pm
So, if someone pays you $100,000 more, you don't leave? Now, what we don't know is how hard we tried to match his salary, or if we tried, did it matter. He didn't land a recruit this year, so there's that.

Yeah, I don't get why anyone would try to spin this as a negative.  MO Money! ...and resume padding.  Hello?
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Joe Hog on February 05, 2016, 05:35:38 pm
I'd hire a coach from Ole Piss for recruiting purposes.

That would be a bit like signing the slugger who just got busted for PEDs to an eight year contract.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Smokehouse

Wiscy has had trouble keeping coaches since Bielema left to, and there was enough chatter after Anderson left about coaches salary that Alvarez had to address them (which he did by whining about the Big 10 not having money because they have more non-revenue sports and some other nonsense).

And the only coaches who left here and gave an indication that a beef with Bielema was behind their departure were Chaney and Pittman. Given that Pittman's problems were just collateral damage from the Chaney deal, that's really just one incident.

I think Enos will leave after this year, too, but not because he doesn't get along with Bret. I think he'll get another HC opportunity because he's a damn good coach, with head coaching experience, and now with proven success in the SEC on his resume. We're lucky to have him as long as he's here, though.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

BPsTheMan

"a Bret problem meshing with the coaches he hires?" is you being a drama queen

swineology

Quote from: Smokehouse on February 05, 2016, 07:04:23 pm
Wiscy has had trouble keeping coaches since Bielema left to, and there was enough chatter after Anderson left about coaches salary that Alvarez had to address them (which he did by whining about the Big 10 not having money because they have more non-revenue sports and some other nonsense).

And the only coaches who left here and gave an indication that a beef with Bielema was behind their departure were Chaney and Pittman. Given that Pittman's problems were just collateral damage from the Chaney deal, that's really just one incident.

I think Enos will leave after this year, too, but not because he doesn't get along with Bret. I think he'll get another HC opportunity because he's a damn good coach, with head coaching experience, and now with proven success in the SEC on his resume. We're lucky to have him as long as he's here, though.

So the other question is how do we compete for the SEC West title with such a coaching turnover? do we finally catch lightning in a bottle with the right coaches just to watch them leave for the NFL the next year?

swineology

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on February 05, 2016, 07:10:27 pm

"a Bret problem meshing with the coaches he hires?" is you being a drama queen

The problem at Wisky seems to be following him, was my point of question. Sorry you're resorting to name calling.

PorkSoda

why didn't they go after bama's RB coach?  they been winning national championships.  why are they raiding lowly ole arkansas who barely had a winning season?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

jkstock04

Quote from: oldhawg on February 05, 2016, 06:00:57 pm
Big 10 coaches can't be all bad, Nick Saban's roots are Toledo and Michigan State.
Oh I agree there....no doubt. I'm just thinking about recruiting and contacts at places we historically recruit at or want to recruit at.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

BPsTheMan

Quote from: swineology on February 05, 2016, 07:14:15 pm
The problem at Wisky seems to be following him, was my point of question. Sorry you're resorting to name calling.

"the problem at Wisky seems to be following him" is BS hearsay, and you're still being a drama queen

nothing provable whatsoever - BS diarrhea of the mouth

ricepig

Quote from: swineology on February 05, 2016, 07:12:05 pm
So the other question is how do we compete for the SEC West title with such a coaching turnover? do we finally catch lightning in a bottle with the right coaches just to watch them leave for the NFL the next year?

Have you noticed the staffing changes at our other SECw competitors? I'd venture to say outside of OM, we've had the least this year.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 05, 2016, 07:14:42 pm
why didn't they go after bama's RB coach?  they been winning national championships.  why are they raiding lowly ole arkansas who barely had a winning season?

Because they have fumble issues

Smokehouse

Quote from: swineology on February 05, 2016, 07:12:05 pm

Bama lost 2 coaches before this season, 3 coaches before 2014, 3 coaches before 2013, 2 before 2012.

And those weren't just minimal guys. McElwain left in 2013, then they had Nussmeier at OC for two seasons, then Kiffin who will be going into his third season and most people expect it to be his last before he gets another HC opportunity. The only extraordinary feat of stability they had was Kirby Smart sticking around as long as he did at DC, but he could have had lots of HC gigs and only stuck around to wait for his alma mater to open up. He's the exception, not the rule.

This is just what happens with (good) assistant coaches. That it wasn't a regular occurrence under Nutt and Petrino isn't a knock on Bielema, it's a knock on the previous regimes.

Wildhog

Quote from: Smokehouse on February 05, 2016, 07:33:40 pm
Bama lost 2 coaches before this season, 3 coaches before 2014, 3 coaches before 2013, 2 before 2012.

And those weren't just minimal guys. McElwain left in 2013, then they had Nussmeier at OC for two seasons, then Kiffin who will be going into his third season and most people expect it to be his last before he gets another HC opportunity. The only extraordinary feat of stability they had was Kirby Smart sticking around as long as he did at DC, but he could have had lots of HC gigs and only stuck around to wait for his alma mater to open up. He's the exception, not the rule.

This is just what happens with (good) assistant coaches. That it wasn't a regular occurrence under Nutt and Petrino isn't a knock on Bielema, it's a knock on the previous regimes.

Very well said.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

kp72204

jjdlc

CBB will have his pick of coaches, we should get a good one.

factchecker

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on February 05, 2016, 07:24:43 pm
"the problem at Wisky seems to be following him" is BS hearsay, and you're still being a drama queen

nothing provable whatsoever - BS diarrhea of the mouth

usually starts with oatmeal for brains
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:

ricepig

Well, another way to look at it, we made another $100,000 by him accepting this job before Feb 15th, so there's that. Add that to Pittman's $100,000 and we almost paid for Lunney for the year.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ricepig on February 05, 2016, 09:10:25 pm
Well, another way to look at it, we made another $100,000 by him accepting this job before Feb 15th, so there's that. Add that to Pittman's $100,000 and we almost paid for Lunney for the year.

We are also saving about 150k per season in the Pittboss vs KA switch.

I assume Enos will be on the receiving end of some of that.

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 05, 2016, 09:14:50 pm
We are also saving about 150k per season in the Pittboss vs KA switch.

I assume Enos will be on the receiving end of some of that.

Yep, I assume Segrest and Michael Smith will get bumps, too.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The Great Hambino

I'm hearing Peyton Manning will be the RB coach.

gchamblee

When you excel at hiring high quality coaches, this problem will follow you regardless of where you coach. He wasn't calling you names, he was making a point as well. His point is that people who think hiring excellent coaches is somehow a bad quality should have their error pointed out to them.

Dr. Starcs

Whewe can I send my wesume? I love wunning backs and wecwuiting. My wecowd speaks fow itself.

Sincewely,

Danny Nutt

searkhogfan

The problem at "Wisky" was he couldn't pay them enough to keep them from making lateral moves for more money.   When CBB was hired, he said he had No Problem hiring good coaches. His problem was keeping them (Money).  And he had No Problem losing a coach for a promotion.  But hated losing them to lateral jobs, because he couldn't pay them enough.  We've lost very few that he fought to keep..