Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loyalty

Started by cc, February 03, 2016, 10:27:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

He knows what it means.

factchecker

Coach Bielema spoke highly of Austin's ability and character tonight at the Signing Day on the Hill event.  He was emotional when he shared a special story about how the community of Star City looks after and loves Austin.  I'm glad that Mr. Capps is a Razorback!

Also, everyone in the crowd was amazed by the athleticism and size shown on Austin's highlights! 
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

cc

Quote from: factchecker on February 03, 2016, 10:31:58 pm
Coach Bielema spoke highly of Austin tonight at the Signing Day on the Hill event.  He was emotional when he shared a special story about how the community of Star City looks after and loves Austin.  I'm glad that Mr. Capps is a Razorback!

Also, everyone in the crowd was amazed by the athleticism and size shown on Austin's highlights! 

His mom surrounded him with people that loved Austin and had his best interest.  My immediate family helped with getting him to visits at different schools.  It was always up to him, and he made the best choice for him.  Even my brother in law, a LSU alum with season tickets at Baton Rouge, had on a Hog pullover.  Might be set on fire now, but he did it to support Austin.  The one that should be enjoying this success left this earth way to soon.

factchecker

Thank you.  People like your family makes the world a better place.  :razorback:  God bless.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

onebadrubi

Quote from: cc on February 03, 2016, 10:37:44 pm
His mom surrounded him with people that loved Austin and had his best interest.  My immediate family helped with getting him to visits at different schools.  It was always up to him, and he made the best choice for him.  Even my brother in law, a LSU alum with season tickets at Baton Rouge, had on a Hog pullover.  Might be set on fire now, but he did it to support Austin.  The one that should be enjoying this success left this earth way to soon.

This is the way it should be.  Fanaticism (not a word) should be put aside when close to a recruit for just a short while and assist that kid to make the best fitting decision possible.  Anything else becomes a handler which is a slippery slope to awful world we now know as NCAA basketball recruiting.  If and when football hits that point I will be looking for something to occupy a lot of my time, sadly. 

cc

Some key people in Star City, Dumas, and McGehee answered the bell long before everyone knew he would blow up into a blue chip football prospect.  They loved him because he was a great kid.  I would name them but they are happy just knowing Austin is achieving his dream.

Hawgey-Davidson

Young man is gonna represent us well. Welcome to The Hill AC!

AirWarren

Loyalty. Seark boy. Get after it.

jgphillips3

Austin is a kid we will all be proud of both on and off the field.  My nephew Jake played all star baseball with him.  I have heard nothing but great things about him for years now.  I am very happy that he joined our team.  He is exactly the kind of uncommon young man we want and one hell of a player.

hogcard1964

Looks like a big, strong kid.   a la Dan Hampton.

Best of luck!

Jackrabbit Hog

I know I'm a homer, but it sure seems like we do get more high character kids now than we used to and I credit CBB for that.  Maybe we have to try harder than more talented SECW teams to win, but I'm fine with that. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DeltaBoy

Good looking young man !  Glad to see a Delta boy up on the Hill !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The_Iceman

Biggus Piggus

So we have this here - what position will Austin play at Arkansas?
[CENSORED]!

ricepig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 04, 2016, 10:13:41 am

Lineman

cc

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 04, 2016, 08:41:20 am
I know I'm a homer, but it sure seems like we do get more high character kids now than we used to and I credit CBB for that.  Maybe we have to try harder than more talented SECW teams to win, but I'm fine with that. 

Bielema talked to us about that.  In or out of state kid even if they are a 5 star, if they show evidence of being a diva - no go for them.  He respects his players and expects the same from them.  A lot of coaches talk accountability but Coach B demands it.  Be accountable for your actions or you can find another school.

cc

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 04, 2016, 10:13:41 am

According to the staff, he is going to be inside on d-line.  He finished top three in state lifting meet while playing baseball for years and basketball up till last year.  He is going to play baseball due to loving it and wanting to repeat as state champs.  He is going to be unreal when football is it.

Baseball and basketball has helped to lead to being a good all around athlete. 

carolinahogger

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 03, 2016, 10:46:17 pm
This is the way it should be.  Fanaticism (not a word) should be put aside when close to a recruit for just a short while and assist that kid to make the best fitting decision possible. 

fa·nat·i·cism
fəˈnadəˌsizəm/
noun
noun: fanaticism; plural noun: fanaticisms

the quality of being fanatical.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: cc on February 04, 2016, 10:33:21 am
According to the staff, he is going to be inside on d-line.  He finished top three in state lifting meet while playing baseball for years and basketball up till last year.  He is going to play baseball due to loving it and wanting to repeat as state champs.  He is going to be unreal when football is it.

Baseball and basketball has helped to lead to being a good all around athlete.
This is huge.  His athleticism is already there, once he gets to start working with coach Herb he is going to go to another level.  Really pulling for Austin.