Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TJ Hammonds

Started by jchill, February 03, 2016, 11:11:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jchill

Will be the next Razorbacks superstar!

Wildhog

He will be a star.

However, I think the NEXT one is Whaley.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

nwahogfan1

Quote from: jchill on February 03, 2016, 11:11:48 am
Will be the next Razorbacks superstar!

Hope so. Do you think he has the speed, athleticism and able to escape like Joe Adams?

PorkSoda

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 03, 2016, 11:54:26 am
Hope so. Do you think he has the speed, athleticism and able to escape like Joe Adams?
Joe Adams was a freak, but if he's in the neighborhood, then he will be a great player.

I definitely look forward to Hammonds and Whaley on the field together.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

jchill

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 03, 2016, 11:54:26 am

I think so. I know high school tape can be misleading sometimes, but he really stood out. I love what he can potentially bring to the table.

Pudgepork

Hogs have a chance to really build the 'farm system'' due to so many players being redshirted 2 yrs in a row.

I think Whaley, Hammonds, Ramirez,
and possibly Jordon Jones are the only offensive guys to play in 2016.

On defense, 3 outa 4 lbs, a safety, Agin, and Putu if he signs are the only ones who'll see the field in 2016.

I think Hammonds, Jones are going to leave fond memories for Hawg fans and possibly Enlow. 

whosiskid

Keep in mind also that Pierre Strong is a senior at McClellan HS and is almost a clone of TJ Hammonds. In some ways Strong had better stats (I think he had a 300 yard rushing game on 8 carries). Like Hammonds, he could play a lot of positions and there will be a lot of debate about whether he should be a running back or WR. He touched the ball a lot more than Hammonds, but McClellan depended on Strong in a huge way. Like Hammonds he had a ridiculous per carry and per catch average. Both are fast but with very long strides, so they are faster in reality than they look like on film. They both move their legs as fast as the other kids, but they cover more ground. They are what Frank Broyles used to call even n' leavin' guys: if they are even with you, they are leaving you. Strong is getting more attention from scouts at this point than Hammonds did, but that is mainly because of two things. One is that Strong had 2300 yards rushing in a higher level conference. And Strong was the reason - along with a great head coach - that McClellan played for the state title this year. The great news is that Strong is a Razorback fan.

Both 2016 and 2017 are / will be down years in Arkanas instate recruiting, but it is great to get a couple of kids this good. Just read that LSU is evaluating Strong, but he has been upfront about wanting to play at Arkansas. I think it only a matter of time before he gets offered.

Just to add, after Strong and a couple of other players, things in Arkansas are really thin next year instate. 2018 looks a lot better, though I should add that two years ago, 2016 really looked good on paper.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

AirWarren

Excited to see him play in the hog red. I honestly think he may be the best player in our signing class.

hollywood hog

Hopefully Austin Allen is the next superstar.  2 years like the 1 Brandon just had will do.

bennyl08

I think this season we will feature the arachnids with Williams, Walker, and Whaley.

However, next season, with Williams, Whaley, and Hammonds, here is what we have to look forward to.

Williams III runs similarly to JWill. He is a north-south, 1-cut runner who wants to be the hammer and not the nail with contact.

Whaley's tape is similar to how Dmac runs. He is very, very fast and looks to hit the hole as fast and hard as he can. You don't see him wait too much, or make a lot of cuts. He goes straight as fast as he can and if he needs to get rid of a defender, he uses a nasty stiff arm. Now, he will be taught to use a bit more patience and make cuts a bit more as Dmac was.

Hammonds: He doesn't remind me particularly of any guy, but the closest would be collins. Hammonds also likes to get N-S, but he can make some very nice cuts without losing forwards momentum. He shows toughness when needed and a decent spin move to get out of a tackle. Very little wasted movement type of guy.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hawgey-Davidson

Kid bleeds Razorback red. Gonna be fun watching what Coach Enos installs for him. He's gonna be a dandy. So glad he's ours.

PorkRinds

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 03, 2016, 09:20:12 pm
I think this season we will feature the arachnids with Williams, Walker, and Whaley.

However, next season, with Williams, Whaley, and Hammonds, here is what we have to look forward to.

Williams III runs similarly to JWill. He is a north-south, 1-cut runner who wants to be the hammer and not the nail with contact.

Whaley's tape is similar to how Dmac runs. He is very, very fast and looks to hit the hole as fast and hard as he can. You don't see him wait too much, or make a lot of cuts. He goes straight as fast as he can and if he needs to get rid of a defender, he uses a nasty stiff arm. Now, he will be taught to use a bit more patience and make cuts a bit more as Dmac was.

Hammonds: He doesn't remind me particularly of any guy, but the closest would be collins. Hammonds also likes to get N-S, but he can make some very nice cuts without losing forwards momentum. He shows toughness when needed and a decent spin move to get out of a tackle. Very little wasted movement type of guy.

The arachnids? Come on Benny. That's not gonna catch on.

factchecker

I'm hoping Hammonds can be that elusive kick returner we've been missing recently.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 03, 2016, 10:32:22 pm
The arachnids? Come on Benny. That's not gonna catch on.

My idea stemmed from this... (+1 if you get the movie reference)

Why do you have a picture of President Garfield hanging on your wall?
Because I love lasagna of course!
So metta.

Our 3 primary backs next season could all start with www. World wide web. Spiders weave webs. And thus the nickname.

Let me know if you think of something better.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PorkRinds

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 04, 2016, 01:12:17 am
My idea stemmed from this... (+1 if you get the movie reference)

Why do you have a picture of President Garfield hanging on your wall?
Because I love lasagna of course!
So metta.

Our 3 primary backs next season could all start with www. World wide web. Spiders weave webs. And thus the nickname.

Let me know if you think of something better.

Anything is better than "the arachnids".  I mean, I get you're giving it a shot.  But I think we should see how their production is before coming up with a silly nickname like "arachnids".  You're a smart man, benny.  But sometimes your intelligence gets the better of you.  This is one of those times... ;D

dowils

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on February 03, 2016, 09:32:26 pm
Kid bleeds Razorback red. Gonna be fun watching what Coach Enos installs for him. He's gonna be a dandy. So glad he's ours.

And of course we know:  Sometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.