Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just Dennis Johnson

Started by immahog, January 26, 2016, 05:33:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 27, 2016, 08:51:31 am
I can't argue that, but later that season the (in my opinion) most horrific, egregious, downright thieving and cheating call of all time took place in the LSU game at Baton Rouge.  The Hogs won that game when LSU's back was tackled inbounds with LSU out of timeouts and the clock running out.  An absolute thief, crooked as a barrel of snakes official with a perfect view of the play ruled the ball carrier out of bounds to stop the clock...despite the fact that his knee hit the turf a good 3-4 feet from the sideline.

LSU was able to run their field goal team onto the field, make the tying kick, and "win" in overtime.

It was that day that I learned I had a 40 inch vertical, because as soon as the call was made I shot out of my chair and hit the ceiling.  That it was a crooked call was as plain as the nose on Karl Malden's face as soon as it happened...from any angle...with no need for slow motion replays.

NO ONE is capable of making an honest mistake that is that bad.  NO ONE.  The official is a low life cheating scum who decided LSU wasn't going to lose that game if he had to pick up the ball and run it across the goal line himself.

&*$#@*.

Granted, at my age I don't remember Hog games before ~1982, but those two games were the worst screw jobs I can remember.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 29, 2016, 12:33:09 pm
Granted, at my age I don't remember Hog games before ~1982, but those two games were the worst screw jobs I can remember.
I thought the worst screwing I had ever seen was the SMU game in 1982 that robbed of us a conference championship, but then I saw those two games you were talking about in this thread and I can't really decide which is 1 or 2 in front of SMU being 3.

RedRock

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: RedRock on January 29, 2016, 09:13:43 pm
Link?
To what? A game against SMU in 1982? Your guess is as good as mine.

Cletus

See, what had happened was........

jeramyaupton

I'm amused that we are still "just"ing people. A guy makes a typo and the rest is history.

Dr. Starcs

Holy smokes!

I just jeremyaupton

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: jeramyaupton on February 03, 2016, 08:17:04 pm
I'm amused that we are still "just"ing people. A guy makes a typo and the rest is history.
All your base are belong to us.