Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nobody's talking about Ty Storey

Started by swinesation, January 16, 2016, 02:15:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

swinesation

It's the offseason, so why not one more thread about who our future QB will be? Honestly, I agree it will probably be Austin Allen. However, to my untrained eye, I've always thought Ty Storey's highlight film looks the best of the group. Looks like he can make all the throws, with zip, rolling out left or right or standing in the pocket. Dude was offered by Bama and Auburn, among others, and was more highly rated than Austin and Rafe (albeit by a small margin). But this isn't about ratings - I've just always thought he is going to be a great QB! He seems to me to have the highest ceiling. Of course, what do I know!

Maybe I just want to get this on record in case he one day becomes the great QB in Razorback history!  ;D

Hoggish1

Like you, I don't know anything so I can't weigh in...  ;)

scruf

Quote from: swinesation on January 16, 2016, 02:15:38 pm
It's the offseason, so why not one more thread about who our future QB will be? Honestly, I agree it will probably be Austin Allen. However, to my untrained eye, I've always thought Ty Storey's highlight film looks the best of the group. Looks like he can make all the throws, with zip, rolling out left or right or standing in the pocket. Dude was offered by Bama and Auburn, among others, and was more highly rated than Austin and Rafe (albeit by a small margin). But this isn't about ratings - I've just always thought he is going to be a great QB! He seems to me to have the highest ceiling. Of course, what do I know!

Maybe I just want to get this on record in case he one day becomes the great QB in Razorback history!  ;D
Austin was offered by Notre Dame and Alabama and also made it to the Elite 11 finals whereas Ty did not. They might be a toss-up as far as talent goes but Austin has some game experience. Should be an interesting spring.

1 hog n eldo

I saw Ty play in the state championship game against Smackover his senior year. He carried that team on his back. I left that game knowing we were in good hands at the qb position. I dont care if its Austin, Rafe, Ricky Town or Ty Storey I just want to win!

hoginator

I'm excited to see what QBs emerge in the spring. Would love to see Ty be in the mix. A lot of schools were after him. In my opinion, if he's not in the two deep after spring, it shouldn't surprise anyone if he looks for greener grass at some point. This is the history of QBs on every campus...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

MuskogeeHogFan

No one is talking about Ty Storey because he was a Freshman last year and hasn't had an opportunity to show how he has developed and what he can do. We have several potentially very talented QB's, those who have developed will demonstrate that this spring. I wouldn't worry too much about who will be the next great QB in Razorback history as much as worrying about the guy who is going to come in and lead this team this fall and try to just pick up where BA left off. 
Go Hogs Go!

Mike_e

It's a good thing no one is taking about him because it means he hasn't messed up and gotten arrested.

Lord man, he's a freshman.  Give the kid some time.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

swinesation

OK, just to be clear, I wrote the OP for the fun of it. I mean, this is a forum talking about Razorback football and it's January!

There are other threads talking about what we need and who will probably be the starting QB in spring and/or fall.

With this thread, all I'm wanting to say is that I think Ty will end up being the best of the bunch, perhaps the best to ever step foot on the hill. And, as I said in the OP, I am totally unqualified to make that assessment. But that's my gut!

AloRaptor

SooiecidetillNuttgone

You may be right about Ty.

I think potential wise, Ty and Town probably have the highest ceilings.
But what do I really know, other than I'm just another Hogvillian with too much time on his hands and too much reading other people's opinions that count for nothing.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

swinesation

Quote from: AloRaptor on January 16, 2016, 03:29:24 pm
Ok your on record. What do you win? :o

The most valuable asset on hogville - bragging rights!

threeNout

The number of times we could say "Cool Storey Bro"  makes it an intriguing possibilty.

btw,  cool story bro.

hoglady

Fact is no one really knows anything about these QB's.
I'm sure each will have the opportunity to prove themselves in the spring.
I trust Enos to go with the one he feels gives us the best chance to win games.
Fingers crossed we have a named starter coming out of spring - hate to see any revolving door QB's to start the year.
Hope that someone steps up and separates themselves from the pack - I don't care whether it's Allen, Peavey, Storey or Towne.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Piggfoot

Ty Storey was a precocious quarterback in high school. Physically I believe he reached his peak sometime ago. Time will tell. As a comparison, the Allen boys were not as precocious as Ty and had/have a higher upside. Just my opinion.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

upperdeck_hawg

If AA is supposed to better than BA, then I don't see the other three surpassing him unless there is an injury.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

pigbacon

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 16, 2016, 05:25:21 pm
If AA is supposed to better than BA, then I don't see the other three surpassing him unless there is an injury.

It will be interesting who is named 1 and 2. I suppose AA has the upper hand on #1, so maybe the real interest will be who is #2.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 16, 2016, 03:00:22 pm
No one is talking about Ty Storey because he was a Freshman last year and hasn't had an opportunity to show how he has developed and what he can do. We have several potentially very talented QB's, those who have developed will demonstrate that this spring. I wouldn't worry too much about who will be the next great QB in Razorback history as much as worrying about the guy who is going to come in and lead this team this fall and try to just pick up where BA left off. 

This.....
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

ChitownHawg

Quote from: coolbreeze3279 on January 16, 2016, 02:53:31 pm
http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Bret-Bielema-talks-returning-players-recruiting-and-Anderson-42879273

Austin, Rafe, Ty, Ricky

Only to give them a number going into the spring. He said the Spring each will have the opportunity to move up or down the depth chart.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Lake City Hog

Ty, is my personal favorite. I just have a feeling that he is the GUY to lead us. Probably not next year or the next, but as a junior I think he will show us something special.

His first step has to be winning the back-up spot this spring. If he manages to EARN that spot he has made that 1st step to becoming the starter.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Lake City Hog on January 16, 2016, 06:38:15 pm
Ty, is my personal favorite. I just have a feeling that he is the GUY to lead us. Probably not next year or the next, but as a junior I think he will show us something special.

His first step has to be winning the back-up spot this spring. If he manages to EARN that spot he has made that 1st step to becoming the starter.

Ricky is the best on campus right now in my mind.

PorkRinds

AloRaptor

kodiakisland

Most of us probably don't care who the next QB is as long as he is the best one we have.  No one that would be posting in this forum has the info to determine that.  Really though, why does it matter to some who the next QB is?  I think there are people here who want a certain person to start regardless of their ability.  I doubt the coaches know at this point, although I'm sure they have feelings as to how it will shake out.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

King Kong

Quote from: scruf on January 16, 2016, 02:36:28 pm
Austin was offered by Notre Dame and Alabama and also made it to the Elite 11 finals whereas Ty did not. They might be a toss-up as far as talent goes but Austin has some game experience. Should be an interesting spring.

Well In Ty's defense for the Elite 11 the year Austin went they took like 25 QB's. They now only take like 18.

I personally believe Austin is the best QB on campus now.

I suspect Ricky is next best QB on campus right now.

longpig

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on January 16, 2016, 08:27:21 pm
Ricky is the best on campus right now in my mind.

Got some imaginary feats examplar of his you'd care to share?
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Ty Storey jumps to heir apparent or better and we'll see some transfer request, obviously.

KennyForAD

If we are going to sit back and pick one based on H.S. accomplishments... its a runaway, and its Town.   But Hogville won't be picking the QB, will we?  But, cool story bro...

mitchforheisman

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 16, 2016, 11:34:19 pm
If we are going to sit back and pick one based on H.S. accomplishments... its a runaway, and its Town.   But Hogville won't be picking the QB, will we?  But, cool story bro...

Unless you are counting his high school accomplishments as his recruiting rankings, I dont see how it could be town.

Senior season stats:
Austin - 233 of 366   passes (64.6) for 3,565 yards 29 td's and 5 interceptions
Town - 192-of-290 passes (66.2%) for 2,639 yards and 28 TDs with just 3 interceptions

Austin wins State Championship, MVP of championship game, gatorade player of the year (AR), all state, elite 11 finalist. Semper Fi All American Game East Starting QB.

Ricky loses in first game of playoffs, all state, Elite 11 finalist, U.S. Army All-American Bowl selection.

All American Game Stats:

Austin Allen Semper Fidelis All American game either didnt release a box score, or its buried.

Ricky Went 2 for 3 with 1 interception and 61 yards. Longest was 61 yards. 1 td and 2 sacks.
Side Note: He threw the only interception on the day, and took the only sacks on the day for his team, which played 4 QB's in total.

alohawg

Has Arkansas ever had this many quality(perceived) qb's competing for the job?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

GoldenCOHog

What QB's has BB recruited to let us know he knows what he's even looking at?  And Russell Wilson doesn't count, he was a TX-fer.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: alohawg on January 17, 2016, 12:48:29 am

Not that I'm aware of during my lifetime.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

ChitownHawg

According to HV we have always had a better QB on the bench who is getting screwed over by not starting. So yes according to HV we have always had quality QBs. They just were always on the bench.  :)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

lumphog

Quote from: mitchforheisman on January 17, 2016, 12:21:06 am
Unless you are counting his high school accomplishments as his recruiting rankings, I dont see how it could be town.

Senior season stats:
Town - 192-of-290 passes (66.2%) for 2,639 yards and 28 TDs with just 3 interceptions

Austin wins State Championship, MVP of championship game, gatorade player of the year (AR), all state, elite 11 finalist. Semper Fi All American Game East Starting QB.

Ricky loses in first game of playoffs, all state, Elite 11 finalist, U.S. Army All-American Bowl selection.

All American Game Stats:

Austin Allen Semper Fidelis All American game either didnt release a box score, or its buried.

Ricky Went 2 for 3 with 1 interception and 61 yards. Longest was 61 yards. 1 td and 2 sacks.
Side Note: He threw the only interception on the day, and took the only sacks on the day for his team, which played 4 QB's in total.
DO NOT SEEK THE TREASURE!!!.....These guys over looking AA are in for a HUGE surprise. AA WILL win the spot & DOMINATE!!! It's what he does, it's what he's always done & he ALWAYS outshines big brother....I'm very excited, I can't wait....Shine on you crazy diamond!!!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SooiecidetillNuttgone

BTW, who is this Ty Storey that you are referencing?
Nobody has ever spoken of him.
His response to me:

The NewEra

There are so many things going on behind the scene that play into this that we the average fan don't see.  It's impossible for anyone to give a good assessment of where the q.b.'s are in the pecking order.  Who really has the playbook down and has the ability to read opposing defenses and make checks?  Who's stepped up as a leader in the classroom and off the field?  Who's working out every day on passing routes with the receivers and tight ends to improve familiarity and crispness of routes?  Who is spending Friday and Saturday nights in the film room dissecting their own game as well as studying defenses alignments.  Who's using the new STRIVR the most and getting the most out of it.  Who does the team have the most respect for and seem inclined to follow?

I like the subject, but it's going to be quite a while before enough information comes out on what's happening behind the scenes for us to figure out who is emerging as a leader.  I think the leadership quality is the one these coaches will focus most on.

Capt. Hamm

Quote from: hoglady on January 16, 2016, 05:09:35 pm
Fact is no one really knows anything about these QB's.
I'm sure each will have the opportunity to prove themselves in the spring.
I trust Enos to go with the one he feels gives us the best chance to win games.
Fingers crossed we have a named starter coming out of spring - hate to see any revolving door QB's to start the year.
Hope that someone steps up and separates themselves from the pack - I don't care whether it's Allen, Peavey, Storey or Towne.
I feel this way too.

longpig

If the Nuttster did you wouldn't be able to tell.  Sometimes I wonder if he recruited qbs he didn't like so's he could derail their careers.

longpig

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 17, 2016, 09:09:43 am
BTW, who is this Ty Storey that you are referencing?
Nobody has ever spoken of him.

Linebacker from Charleston

KennyForAD

Quote from: mitchforheisman on January 17, 2016, 12:21:06 am

Senior season stats:

All American Game Stats:

Sheez.  I said, "Town" but I meant "Rafe."  Sorry for the typo, but ... thanks for the rant.

hoglady

Quote from: longpig on January 17, 2016, 10:40:13 am
If the Nuttster did you wouldn't be able to tell.  Sometimes I wonder if he recruited qbs he didn't like so's he could derail their careers.

You got that right - Nutt and Les Miles are the gold standard of "QB killers" in college football.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

longpig

Quote from: hoglady on January 17, 2016, 10:54:33 am
You got that right - Nutt and Les Miles are the gold standard of "QB killers" in college football.

True, Ol' Ball Coach Steve Spurrier somehow managed to hardly ever have a solid qb himself.

longpig

January 17, 2016, 11:28:48 am #43 Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 11:52:27 am by longpig
Quote from: KennyForAD on January 17, 2016, 10:51:53 am
Sheez.  I said, "Town" but I meant "Rafe."  Sorry for the typo, but ... thanks for the rant.

Here's Mr. Peavey's high school digits, I'd take them and any other Missouri players stats with a grain of salt because football just isn't that competitive there, especially in the smaller divisions.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2013/nov/20/hog-qb-commit-rafe-peaveys-career-stats/

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hoglady on January 17, 2016, 10:54:33 am

Yet it is LSU (as unbelievable as that may be), along with Florida State, USC and Texas A&M that have put more QB's in the NFL Draft (3 each) than anyone else since 2007.
Go Hogs Go!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: longpig on January 17, 2016, 10:41:54 am
Linebacker from Charleston

LOL.
Thanks for the genuine, kind response.
Unfortunately, I guess I should have done the /sarcasm thing in my post.

And from what I understand, Storey was a very well thought of LB, for real.
His response to me:

longpig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 17, 2016, 11:38:20 am
Yet it is LSU (as unbelievable as that may be), along with Florida State, USC and Texas A&M that have put more QB's in the NFL Draft (3 each) than anyone else since 2007.

Other than Mettenberger, did any of them even get a sniff of the field?

Beaverfever

I think Bielema would have tipped his cap and let AA get some minutes if he was pretty sure he was the Hogs' next starter.  Instead he seemed to avoid giving Allen any significant playing time, kept all of the current qbs on the roster and is signing another one soon.  Idk if you carry 5 qbs on scholarship if you know who will start for your team the next two seasons. 

BirmingHam

Quote from: lumphog on January 17, 2016, 08:44:33 am
DO NOT SEEK THE TREASURE!!!.....These guys over looking AA are in for a HUGE surprise. AA WILL win the spot & DOMINATE!!! It's what he does, it's what he's always done & he ALWAYS outshines big brother....I'm very excited, I can't wait....Shine on you crazy diamond!!!

Besides AA is bonafide.

mitchforheisman

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 17, 2016, 01:57:20 pm
I think Bielema would have tipped his cap and let AA get some minutes if he was pretty sure he was the Hogs' next starter.  Instead he seemed to avoid giving Allen any significant playing time, kept all of the current qbs on the roster and is signing another one soon.  Idk if you carry 5 qbs on scholarship if you know who will start for your team the next two seasons. 

Well you have a Junior QB playing behind a 3 year starter, 5th year senior at QB. Then you have 2 redshirt freshmen. When AA is finished as a Senior, those guys will be coming into their Junior years. See how it works? Its kinda crazy how much HV reads into these type of things, but of course, I've seen us HV have rock solid information that we were hiring John Gruden...twice.