Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With our lack of depth on the OLM and maybe too many

Started by nwahogfan1, January 10, 2016, 01:39:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on January 13, 2016, 08:40:18 am
Why don't you answer my question?

Because I'm not arguing with you.  I don't think anyone moves either.  It's just fun discussion.

And because you're a doosh canoe.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on January 13, 2016, 08:38:04 am
Everyone knows what positions they're being recruited at.  You aren't any more informed than anyone in this thread.  Some people, however, can have a fun off-season discussion without getting their granny panties in a wad.

If you don't like the thread, don't participate in the thread.  You're just making yourself look like a knob.

I don't like this thread. I'm still commenting in it.   Guess I'm a knob, and youre a delusional fan. There's some informed info for you old man.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on January 13, 2016, 08:40:28 am
Because I'm not arguing with you.  I don't think anyone moves either.  It's just fun discussion.

It's not arguing with me, it's called you're a delusional fan that runs his mouth on dumb threads.

In FOUR freaking years bb has NEVER recruited a DT and moved them to oline. Hasn't happend...won't happen...but cool guys on hv thinks Capps would be a BEAST at oline playing Div.1.   Well bb thinks different.

Froholdt?  WTH.....he's never played oline....
Watts??    Why?  Bc he's 6'5 so he could possibly switch to oline? 

This is a ridiculous thread, and if this is all the "fun" you can have in a off-season...well it's very freaking sad.

We Will sign 4 oline guys in this class and we will be fine. 

But go on having "fun".
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on January 13, 2016, 08:47:14 am
It's not arguing with me, it's called you're a delusional fan that runs his mouth on dumb threads.

In FOUR freaking years bb has NEVER recruited a DT and moved them to oline. Hasn't happend...won't happen...but cool guys on hv thinks Capps would be a BEAST at oline playing Div.1.   Well bb thinks different.

This is a ridiculous thread, and if this is all the "fun" you can have in a off-season...well it's very freaking sad.

But go on having "fun".

lol, you have issues man.

The internet is full of weirdos.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

And I agree, we'll sign a couple more OL and be fine.
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on January 13, 2016, 08:48:05 am
lol, you have issues man.

The internet is full of weirdos.

Atleast I have a grasp on UofA football and not delusional.

Internet is full of Monday morning qbs.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Wildhog on January 13, 2016, 08:40:28 am

Classic.
[CENSORED]!

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on January 13, 2016, 08:51:21 am

Have you considered getting help?  If you ever need to talk, I'm here.
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on January 13, 2016, 08:51:42 am
Have you considered getting help?  If you ever need to talk, I'm here.

I need help...please wildhog on hv help me!!    Ha...

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on January 13, 2016, 08:54:24 am
I need help...please wildhog on hv help me!!    Ha...

It's important to talk about your issues with someone. I see a lot of people that just wallow in their own misery, and never find happiness in life.  I hate to see a fellow hog fan in such a state.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hook 'em Hogs

I don't want to get involved, but I haven't played Captain Obvious in a while.  If you don't like reading posts from Monday Morning QB's, don't come to the MONDAY MORNING QUARTERBACK forum.  The dude's right.  You don't have to insult people for having a thought all their own-even if they're wrong.  You're gonna give yourself an ulcer if you keep reading this stuff. 

secneahog

Haha.  Just bc my words on here appear I'm freaking out. I'm really not. I like getting on here and calling people out for being delusional old guys. This thread is a joke. Most of mmqb is a joke. Recruiting forum is the only legit spot. That's why I come over here sometimes and speak the truth.

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on January 13, 2016, 09:05:46 am
Haha.  Just bc my words on here appear I'm freaking out. I'm really not. I like getting on here and calling people out for being delusional old guys. This thread is a joke. Most of mmqb is a joke. Recruiting forum is the only legit spot. That's why I come over here sometimes and speak the truth.

You remind me of Dennis Reynolds.

1909/1964/1965/1977

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: secneahog on January 13, 2016, 08:38:11 am
Actually I can react any way I want to.

Why can't I say that's ridiculous, when someone posts something dumb..

Moving capps, froholdt and watts to oline is DUMB.

Please tell me a few names, that bb has recruited at dt and moved to oline?

Since you said YOU discuss this every year, then there has to been some kind of answer to my question.

Both of you guys need to settle down. Good grief. We all have our opinions and just because you disagree is no reason to say that it is a dumb idea.

In recent memory I can only think of two that have moved from the OL/TE to D-Line and none from the D-Line to O-Line and I don't think either were recruited by Bielema. That doesn't mean that he can't still move players from the DL to the O-Line. I'm not convinced that he will. But if there is one thing that we have all learned it is that Bielema can make some surprising moves. We'll see how it shakes out.
Go Hogs Go!

Wildhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 13, 2016, 09:14:18 am
Both of you guys need to settle down. Good grief. We all have our opinions and just because you disagree is no reason to say that it is a dumb idea.

In recent memory I can only think of two that have moved from the OL/TE to D-Line and known from the D-Line to O-Line and I don't think either were recruited by Bielema. That doesn't mean that he can't still move players from the DL to the O-Line. I'm not convinced that he will. But if there is one thing that we have all learned it is that Bielema can make some surprising moves. We'll see how it shakes out.

I'm just sitting here enjoying my coffee.  It's a good day.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

I feel like the entire D-line and O-line may just switch sides of the ball in the off season.  Hey, stranger things have happened...

jkstock04

Recruiting forum is legit? That's comical.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Have some faith.

BB always has a dominate OL.  I expect these guys to dominant next Fall.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

dirtdobber

Quote from: secneahog on January 13, 2016, 08:38:11 am
Actually I can react any way I want to.

Why can't I say that's ridiculous, when someone posts something dumb..

Moving capps, froholdt and watts to oline is DUMB.

Please tell me a few names, that bb has recruited at dt and moved to oline?

Since you said YOU discuss this every year, then there has to been some kind of answer to my question

Wow, Slick, you're a real tough guy behind that keyboard.  Why don't you move on to another thread before your mockingbird mouth over loads your jaybird a$$!  Do something productive like call up your friends for a Dungeons and Dragons game.  I bet you are a wizard aren't you?

PonderinHog

It appears to me that you do have a firm grasp of delusional.

No offense.

hawginbigd1

But go on having "fun".
Well Boyd moved from OL to DL and back to OL! So technically your are not correct. Ollison moved from OL to DT! So there is some precedent for there to be movement between the 2 lines!

And CBB has been through 3 springs and 3 seasons, how do you classify that as 4 years?

secneahog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 13, 2016, 11:17:58 pm
Well Boyd moved from OL to DL and back to OL! So technically your are not correct. Ollison moved from OL to DT! So there is some precedent for there to be movement between the 2 lines!

And CBB has been through 3 springs and 3 seasons, how do you classify that as 4 years?

Blah blah

Bielema never recruited those guys. They were Petrino guys. So no, I'm not wrong. He had to shuffle those guys around.
Bielema is getting top notch oline and dline recruits.  He won't flip flop capps. He's already said hes going to play dt..just like watts...just like froholdt...not really rocket science.

MuskogeeHogFan

January 17, 2016, 07:52:33 am #72 Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 08:08:53 am by MuskogeeHogFan
According to Bielema's PC yesterday it sounds as if he is planning to land at least 4, maybe 5 offensive linemen in this class. Malone is on board and Heinrich remains committed. That leaves a minimum of 2 more, perhaps 3 to land. Who is that going to be?

Unless we flip a commitment from another school, here are the recruits that remain (officially) uncommitted to any school.

E.J. Price-Lawrenceville, GA
Malcolm Pridgen-Nassau C.C., NY
Jauan Williams-Washington, DC
Scott Lashley-West Point, MS
Paul Ramirez-San Bernadino C.C.

Do they flip Bolles from Utah or Little from Ole Miss, Delance from Texas or Diesch from A&M?
Go Hogs Go!

thebignasty

Held it together for 2 weeks pretty well though tbh

lumphog

Can you cook that blue sheitte ?

rljjr

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 11, 2016, 07:37:22 pm
FYI - We are never going to be Alabama

Don't need to be, don't want to be. By the way, it's all cyclical. They're on top right now, but Nick won't be there forever. They've had periods where they sucked, brief as they were. They will take a dip to 8-9 win seasons in the near future when Nick is gone.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: rljjr on January 17, 2016, 08:33:36 am
Don't need to be, don't want to be. By the way, it's all cyclical. They're on top right now, but Nick won't be there forever. They've had periods where they sucked, brief as they were. They will take a dip to 8-9 win seasons in the near future when Nick is gone.

Or lower.
People have short memories from the previous 10 years or so pre-Saban.
Not real good.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 17, 2016, 07:52:33 am
According to Bielema's PC yesterday it sounds as if he is planning to land at least 4, maybe 5 offensive linemen in this class. Malone is on board and Heinrich remains committed. That leaves a minimum of 2 more, perhaps 3 to land. Who is that going to be?

Unless we flip a commitment from another school, here are the recruits that remain (officially) uncommitted to any school.

E.J. Price-Lawrenceville, GA
Malcolm Pridgen-Nassau C.C., NY
Jauan Williams-Washington, DC
Scott Lashley-West Point, MS
Paul Ramirez-San Bernadino C.C.

Do they flip Bolles from Utah or Little from Ole Miss, Delance from Texas or Diesch from A&M?

Any thoughts on who might be the last 2 or 3, ladies and gents?
Go Hogs Go!

Wildhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 17, 2016, 05:11:15 pm

Ramirez
Foster
Hudson/Newman

Beyond that I have no idea. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

scruf

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 13, 2016, 09:52:51 am
Recruiting forum is legit? That's comical.
Thought the same thing. The only thing that could top that would be to heap praises on the experts over in Jump Ball.

scruf

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 17, 2016, 05:11:15 pm
I'm with Wildhog on Foster but I have no clue beyond that.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: scruf on January 17, 2016, 05:22:23 pm
I'm with Wildhog on Foster but I have no clue beyond that.

I can understand Bolles being drawn to Utah. Good team, it's "home" and plays at a high level.

What I can't understand is a kid going to Ole Miss (under investigation), or any player wanting to go to either of the dumpster fires that are the programs at Texas and Texas A&M.
Go Hogs Go!

justmaybe

20 years ago Arkansas almost always had a guy recruited as a dt that was moved to ot. I wish I could remember the names but I can't . Used to be more common but guys just don't change position much anymore. They just transfer. Part of it is they have so much time invested in a position anymore. They used to play more sports, and didn't go to do many camps where you are already positioned over a period of years. And guys aren't as willing to be told what is best for them.

rwspear

You guys understand that OL and DL are two very different position groups, right?

RIGHT??

As always, I'm glad you guys are posting on the internet and not actually coaching anyone or anything.

swinesation

I think Capps future is OL. They probably told him they'd give him a shot at DL. I predict he'll end up being an excellent OL. When he does, I'll resurrect this thread and say I told you so.  ;D

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rwspear on January 19, 2016, 10:59:59 am
You guys understand that OL and DL are two very different position groups, right?

RIGHT??

As always, I'm glad you guys are posting on the internet and not actually coaching anyone or anything.

I'm not saying that anyone is going to get moved from the D-Line to the O-Line, but let me play devil's advocate to your statement.

If you were looking for a DT, would a big, athletic guy with great, quick foot movement, good lateral movement, long arms, uses his hands well, possesses great flexibility, intelligence, tenacity and a streak of mean, be a guy that you would be looking for to fill that position? Well I would love to have an offensive lineman who exhibits those same traits.
Go Hogs Go!

yraciv

I wonder if we'd consider a graduate transfer OL.  Cameron Jefferson worked out alright.

This guy is still looking for a home next year, and although I'd prefer a T to another C, he could help our depth and possibly start.
http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/12/10/9887742/jake-raulerson-texas-longhorns-graduate-transfer

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 17, 2016, 05:36:36 pm
What I can't understand is a kid going to Ole Miss (under investigation), or any player wanting to go to either of the dumpster fires that are the programs at Texas and Texas A&M.

I could not agree more with you MHF... And when Ole Miss still can't win at the level that they are paying for some of their highest blue chips then OM will drop back down to their pre-top five classes and rankings. Why any kid who has the talent and wants to have a shot at the next level would even think of those two schools is beyond me. (Unless of course these teams were their childhood favs... I get that.)

al2305

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 17, 2016, 05:36:36 pm
I can understand Bolles being drawn to Utah. Good team, it's "home" and plays at a high level.

They seem to always get top recruits regardless while we seem to struggle to sign top players.  I wish I knew why.  Doesn't mean we cant compete but would be nice to land more top level talent.  Hopefully BB will be able to bring in more of that top talent.  He'll have to keep winning more games. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on January 19, 2016, 06:33:25 pm
I could not agree more with you MHF... And when Ole Miss still can't win at the level that they are paying for some of their highest blue chips then OM will drop back down to their pre-top five classes and rankings. Why any kid who has the talent and wants to have a shot at the next level would even think of those two schools is beyond me. (Unless of course these teams were their childhood favs... I get that.)

And here is another factor. From 2007 through 2015, Ole Miss has put 3 O-Linemen in the NFL Draft, Texas-3, Texas A&M-6.

Arkansas over that same period has also put 6 in the NFL Draft, not UDFA's mind you, but drafted.

Someone needs to be pointing this out to kids. I mean, as an O-Lineman, if you want to play in the NFL, I could see you choosing A&M or Arkansas, but Ole Miss or Texas?

I could see a kid choosing Alabama (10), Oklahoma (7), Florida State (9), Wisconsin (10), USC-8, Penn State (7), Iowa (10) or even Notre Dame (7), but to choose Ole Miss or Texas over Arkansas? Wake up and smell the coffee.
Go Hogs Go!

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 19, 2016, 06:53:33 pm
And here is another factor. From 2007 through 2015, Ole Miss has put 3 O-Linemen in the NFL Draft, Texas-3, Texas A&M-6.

Arkansas over that same period has also put 6 in the NFL Draft, not UDFA's mind you, but drafted.

Someone needs to be pointing this out to kids. I mean, as an O-Lineman, if you want to play in the NFL, I could see you choosing A&M or Arkansas, but Ole Miss or Texas?

I could see a kid choosing Alabama (10), Oklahoma (7), Florida State (9), Wisconsin (10), USC-8, Penn State (7), Iowa (10) or even Notre Dame (7), but to choose Ole Miss or Texas over Arkansas? Wake up and smell the coffee.

GFT! :razorback:

CBB's track record of evals, player dev and getting Student Athletes to the League--regardless of "stars" at Wisconsin and Arkansas will be a big part of Our gaining momentum in recruiting and results on the field. I will not bet against him and enjoy these next two weeks.  :razorback:

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 10, 2016, 11:17:01 pm
no way do you take FROHOLDT  from the defense . it's easier to find good o-linemen , good d-line guys are hard to get

The truth.  Good DL's are at a premium.

LZH

Quote from: Wildhog on January 13, 2016, 08:40:28 amAnd because you're a doosh canoe.

What a visual. I wish you guys would hurry up and get back online, this is beginning to get pretty good.

FANONTHEHILL

"We've moved Froholdt to offensive guard" - Bret Bielema 2-4-16
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

ricepig

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on February 03, 2016, 03:30:30 pm
"We've moved Froholdt to offensive guard" - Bret Bielema 2-4-16

So, is Merrick a guard or a tackle?

dirtdobber

But go on having "fun".
LOL!  Who's "delusional"?? You don't know half as much about football as you claim.  What a prick!

Maximus Tusk

Hey there doosh canoe (gotta love the spelling), uh you might want to give CBB a ring to enlighten him on the huge mistake he just announced...moving Froholdt to OL. BTW, you are one angry dude!!

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: secneahog on January 14, 2016, 12:50:32 am
Blah blah

Bielema never recruited those guys. They were Petrino guys. So no, I'm not wrong. He had to shuffle those guys around.
Bielema is getting top notch oline and dline recruits.  He won't flip flop capps. He's already said hes going to play dt..just like watts...just like froholdt...not really rocket science.

You're going to need a winch to pull your foot out of your mouth on this one.   ;) 

If you're going to disagree with people, and end up being completely wrong, that's one thing.  If you're going to go a few steps further and belittle them, then you better be prepared to face the wrath.  This one's going to stick with ya for awhile. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.