Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flacco hurt, Mallett to get reps

Started by TexHog188, July 27, 2017, 12:16:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogsonHicks

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 06, 2017, 04:23:29 pm
That's crap, he's helped nothing. ("Career?" Laughable. He's been run out of two organizations and a 3rd is actively seeking competent QB help.)

Anyone claiming he has accomplished anything but shame is a shortsighted apologist.

Where did I claim anything other than facts regarding his career?  He's been on an NFL roster for years. You are clueless if you argue otherwise and simply envious if you don't give him at least some amount of credit for it.

Kc-Razor

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 06, 2017, 04:23:29 pm
That's crap, he's helped nothing. ("Career?" Laughable. He's been run out of two organizations and a 3rd is actively seeking competent QB help.)

Anyone claiming he has accomplished anything but shame is a shortsighted apologist.

???   ::)
Wow, an interesting observation from someone who I suppose is a razorback fan seeing how this is a razorback board.

I would suspect there are several former quarterbacks out there somewhere that might consider Mallet still being on a roster as an accomplishment of some kind, wouldn't you think?

I highly doubt that shame is one of their considerations.

twistitup

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 07, 2017, 04:20:15 pm
Nearly every post -- paraphrased -- prior to him (appropriately) falling in the draft.

Falling in the draft is WHY he is in the NFL - best thing that ever happen to him. Too much invested in qb's drafted in first round....lot's of pressure to make an immediate impact. Later rounds - no pressure and bingo

Mallett is still in the league.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hog.goblin

Nearly every post -- paraphrased -- prior to him (appropriately) falling in the draft.

Hmm, where was Tom Brady drafted?

Tom Brady maybe the GOAT, so I don't think draft position is relevant in this discussion. 

To do anything but root for Ryan in this situation is anti-hog.  Now, he may fail, and perhaps miserably, but that's not what I'm rooting for.  Maybe he goes Rex Grossman on the NFL (one year). Maybe he's the next Rich Gannon (long time below average QB who has a great 2nd half to his career).  More likely he's the next Ty Detmer (career backup).  Either way I'm pulling for him and there is no reason you shouldn't either unless you aren't really a fan of the hogs.

onebadrubi

You are COMPLETELY fos.  No one thought he would be Tom Brady, many may have wished that, but no one seriously predicted that. 

You really should go away, you have gone completely gone Gohogs and veneables type obsession except opposite. 

Veneables sucks and mallett is going to be a starting QB this year it appears.  How does that sound zeke?  Something you probably could never do I am sure, start multiple games in the NFL and get retirement benefits. 

hoglady

Hope Mallett has a good night on Thursday!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

twistitup

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 09, 2017, 10:33:21 am
It's, obviously, an opportunity to cement overall perception.

What's the over/under on INT's?

I say he has 300+ yds passing

2 Int's

Fumbles 1-2 snaps

Gets sacked 3-4 times

Over-throws a few

Under-throws a few

Goes to bed, wakes up on Friday and is still in the NFL

lstewart

My guess for Mallett's stat line tonight. 11-20, 119 yards, 1 td, 1 int.

bennyl08

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 10, 2017, 11:16:41 am
I'd be more concerned about where he is on final cut day.

He's a prepaid Training Camp arm and, even if continued horrid, wouldn't be released until then.

I believe this game weighs heavily in terms of perception: Mallett has NOT had a good few weeks.

He's a well paid backup QB who they expect to be their starter early on this regular season until Flacco hopefully comes back.

He came in and barely knowing the playbook was able to help beat the steelers.

Mallett's had a good week so far and they plan on giving him significant reps this first game.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

twistitup

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 09, 2017, 10:33:21 am
It's, obviously, an opportunity to cement overall perception.

What's the over/under on INT's?

Please give us your prediction Zeke - you talk enough shiite, give us what you think he will do tonight...

twistitup

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 10, 2017, 06:32:26 pm
I believe odds say this:

1. Continue to be a waste of physical gifts.
2. Sulk about it.
3. Cement an already tepid reputation.

No numbers?

weak

keyboard warrior not willing to throw a stat line out there?

hawgbawb

Ravens up at halftime. Mallet 9-18 58 yards, 0 TD 0 Int
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

hoglady

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 10, 2017, 11:37:32 pm
Four of his completions to running backs with multiple errant throws.

Admittedly, many starters sat but this performance alleviates not obvious concerns.

Yep - 3 starting offensive lineman out, lots of pressure all night, receivers were a 7th round pick and 2 walk ons, but all that said - Mallett missed some open receivers down the field. Didn't do much. Wasn't horrible but wasn't good, either.

He can take solace in the fact he wasn't the Bears QB Glennon with a 0.00 passer rating.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

twistitup

His throws to rb's out of the backfield is promising - that is the touch pass he has always had problems with.

It's preseason - this season will be interesting. As with any qb, his oline must hold up, if he doesn't have a solid oline, it won't be a good situation. He's not Mr. Mobility...we all know that.

It will be fun to watch, I wish the best for him

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hoglady on August 11, 2017, 08:14:35 am
Yep - 3 starting offensive lineman out, lots of pressure all night, receivers were a 7th round pick and 2 walk ons, but all that said - Mallett missed some open receivers down the field. Didn't do much. Wasn't horrible but wasn't good, either.

He can take solace in the fact he wasn't the Bears QB Glennon with a 0.00 passer rating.

There are some really, really, REALLY bad starting QBs in the NFL right now. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

onebadrubi

I think Zeke is actually literally obsessed with Mallett.

onebadrubi

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 15, 2017, 12:27:39 pm
No.  I'm just irked by apologists.

Mallett sucks but he's not the issue.  Folks shining his metaphorical junk on this board?  In the face of -- said from jump but now validated by evidence -- ongoing poor play for years?

That's embarrassing.

The only thing embarrassing is your infatuation with mallett.

twistitup