Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not looking good for the Lady Backs...

Started by HognitiveDissonance, November 15, 2012, 05:30:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognitiveDissonance

Not sure I understand why the UA can't seem to recruit well instate.

A very rare year where three Top 50 players are in your own state of 2.9 million people.
#9 Tyler Scaife---doesn't even have UA in her final four. Why not? And she doesn't even have the hot team(Baylor) on the list, nor the traditional power UConn on the list. She does have Tennessee...but Pat Summit isn't there anymore, so I fail to see the draw there. And I don't see why the interest in LSU. Why Ohio State? What do they have that Arkansas doesn't have? Why Rutgers? I'm having a hard time understanding this one, it's very frustrating. I understand when there are ties to another area of the country, perhaps moved from somewhere else, parents went to a different school, etc etc. but as far as I know, that's not the case here. The UA made the NCAA tourney last year, and beat some good teams like Tennessee. Beat LSU too. It's not a 3-20 program, so logic would say they should at the minimum make someone's final four list.

#13 Jessica Jackson---committed to Arkansas, hallelujah. Now she's wavering and won't sign until spring. A lot can happen in that amt of time. This can't be good news for UA. Still think there's a good chance she goes to UA, but this is not good news, no matter how you spin it. She said Tom Collen knows her plans, but wasn't too happy about it. I can imagine!

#49 Roshunda Jackson---committed to Oklahoma State. Not sure UA recruited her. Although I'm not sure why you would not recruit the #49 player in the country from your own state, regardless of need.

Three Top 50 players...there's a chance we may end up with none of them. It's mind-boggling.

yraciv

It's not mind boggling. Our programs been in the cellar for years and it's just starting to recover, and unfortunately it might take another step back this year. Scaife had no ties to the university anyways so it's not a surprise. Tennessee recruits iteself, Ohio State is traditionally very good and LSU is  as well. We don't have the recent success to match, so it should be no surprise. Was R. Jackson the one OK State coaches were coming to look at when they had the plane crash?  If we hold onto Jessica Jackson we're set, and Collen did his job landing the biggest recruit we have in a while. And they are very high on that guard of Tulsa. It all hinges on Jackson, but this class looks pretty good.

Mrcoolhog55

Yes it does look good, but Collen needs to keep Jackson. Our women's basketball has not been the same since Gary Blair left. He was good at coaching. But Collen can too, he juts need to keep instate talent. He needs to tell recruits playing time is there for them. Recruiting, and coaching them up is the key in my mind.

blitz8ru

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on November 15, 2012, 05:30:44 pm
Not sure I understand why the UA can't seem to recruit well instate.

A very rare year where three Top 50 players are in your own state of 2.9 million people.
#9 Tyler Scaife---doesn't even have UA in her final four. Why not? And she doesn't even have the hot team(Baylor) on the list, nor the traditional power UConn on the list. She does have Tennessee...but Pat Summit isn't there anymore, so I fail to see the draw there. And I don't see why the interest in LSU. Why Ohio State? What do they have that Arkansas doesn't have? Why Rutgers? I'm having a hard time understanding this one, it's very frustrating. I understand when there are ties to another area of the country, perhaps moved from somewhere else, parents went to a different school, etc etc. but as far as I know, that's not the case here. The UA made the NCAA tourney last year, and beat some good teams like Tennessee. Beat LSU too. It's not a 3-20 program, so logic would say they should at the minimum make someone's final four list.

#13 Jessica Jackson---committed to Arkansas, hallelujah. Now she's wavering and won't sign until spring. A lot can happen in that amt of time. This can't be good news for UA. Still think there's a good chance she goes to UA, but this is not good news, no matter how you spin it. She said Tom Collen knows her plans, but wasn't too happy about it. I can imagine!

#49 Roshunda Jackson---committed to Oklahoma State. Not sure UA recruited her. Although I'm not sure why you would not recruit the #49 player in the country from your own state, regardless of need.

Three Top 50 players...there's a chance we may end up with none of them. It's mind-boggling.

Rutgers Women's Basketball [annual top 25 team; AIAW National Championship: 1982; nc runner up: 2007; final 4: 2000; elite 8: 1986, 1987, 1999, 2005, 2008; sweet 16: 1988, 1998, 2006, 2009; ncaas (27): 1986-1994, 1998-2001, 2003-2012 ]

coached by basketball hall of fame coach CVS...
"It is never too late to become what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Hogtied85

Tom Collen heavily recruited Tyler and Roshunda as well as all the other girls in the state. They just did not want to come here.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Hogtired10 on November 18, 2012, 06:40:04 pm
Tom Collen heavily recruited Tyler and Roshunda as well as all the other girls in the state. They just did not want to come here.

That needs to change, somehow.

I dont know what you do to change it, but until you have a monopoly on in state talent you will never have sustained success in college athletics.