Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Susie Gardner has another

Started by hogman64, February 19, 2006, 05:39:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogman64

fine day.. The ladybacks lose by  22..  64-42.. were down by 30 in the second half..........were outscored in the first half 15-14 by Seimone Augustus..Arkansas starters scored 11 points in the game.........that should guarantee her another year under our coach evaluation system............

hogfan13

Atleast it wasn't like the 93-59 Loss in Fayetteville.Thank God I won't be in Town Thursday for Senior Day

Broken Trigger

Quote from: hogman64 on February 19, 2006, 05:39:11 pm
fine day.. The ladybacks lose by  22..  64-42.. were down by 30 in the second half..........were outscored in the first half 15-14 by Seimone Augustus..Arkansas starters scored 11 points in the game.........that should guarantee her another year under our coach evaluation system............

I think someone could volunteer to coach the Ladybacks and do a better job than what we're seeing.

hogfan13

Quote from: RazorbackRick on February 19, 2006, 06:20:21 pm
Quote from: hogman64 on February 19, 2006, 05:39:11 pm

I think someone could volunteer to coach the Ladybacks and do a better job than what we're seeing.
I'll volunteer

tophawg19

very disappointing . no shooting and she refuses to get the 6'4 or 6'5 girls to play inside . she may be the worst coach we have although that is questionable . they need to start with her and heath this year and maybe nutt next year . it's time to clean house and hire good coaches . that could eaisly been a 40 point loss , lsu pulled their main players early .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hogman64

Makes you wonder..........of all the coaches in the universe.......how did Arkansas a member of the best women's conference in the nation, paying a very competitive salary, end up with Susie Gardner?  Anyone have a clue as to how this happened ?  At least I think I understand the reasoning behind Stan's hire..........

Broken Trigger

We already have 2 volunteers for the job.  At the very least, we will save a lot of money on Suzie's salary, whatever she gets paid.

V B Porkers

How many of the women's programs are very good? The AD may be the big problem

mikeirwin

Consider this a warning to those of you who have chosen to turn this thread into a discussion more fitting of gossip you'd hear in a 5th grade boys restroom.
Debate the merits of Gardner as a coach all you want. The personal references, if they continue, will get you removed from this board.
This, by the way, is per instructions from HSV.

mchogfan

Quote from: hogman64 on February 19, 2006, 07:06:11 pm
Makes you wonder..........of all the coaches in the universe.......how did Arkansas a member of the best women's conference in the nation, paying a very competitive salary, end up with Susie Gardner?  Anyone have a clue as to how this happened ?  At least I think I understand the reasoning behind Stan's hire..........
I understood that she was highly recommended by Pat Summit???  Is that correct?
California...they tell me I was born there, but I really don't remember.

JJHog

our new coach shuold be the arkansas native that recruits all the big names to U of Texas---
" Think Right, Do Right"

Chinese Emperor

Call me crazy, but I didn't notice much different about this thread than ones concerning HDN and Stan.  I'm so confused.   

mchogfan

Quote from: Chinese Emperor on February 19, 2006, 07:41:12 pm
Call me crazy, but I didn't notice much different about this thread than ones concerning HDN and Stan.  I'm so confused.   

I agree.  I didn't see anything that was remotely juvenile in the thread.  I could see how it might, but no evidence that it had.

Dirk Piggler

February 19, 2006, 07:47:05 pm #13 Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 07:50:15 pm by No Name Yet, Stole Somebody Else's
"I agree.  I didn't see anything that was remotely juvenile in the thread.  I could see how it might, but no evidence that it had."

Somebody insinuated earlier in the thread that the womens coaches were lesbians. Apparently his post was deleted by the mods. It was deleted with good reason.

taintlint

Mike, what are you talking about?

taintlint

Quote from: No Name Yet, Stole Somebody Else's on February 19, 2006, 07:47:05 pm
Somebody insinuated earlier that the womens coaches were lesbians. Apparently his post was deleted by the mods. It was deleted with good reason.
Quote from: taintlint on February 19, 2006, 07:49:12 pm
Mike, what are you talking about?

Nevermind......the post above mine explained it.

mchogfan

Thanks for clearing that up.  I understood what Mike was eluding to, but I hadn't seen any evidence of it.  Thanks, again.

boahog

I saw Susie speak once and she was actually very funny.  However, something tells me she is not the best recruiter.  We are beating out the likes of Central Florida, Centenary, and Tulsa for recruits (need to be beating SEC, Big12, and ACC schools). Time for a change...better open up the wallet (Kentucky and Auburn did with recent great hires).

mikeirwin

Quote from: mchogfan on February 19, 2006, 07:50:23 pm
Thanks for clearing that up.  I understood what Mike was eluding to, but I hadn't seen any evidence of it.  Thanks, again.
You didn't see evidence of it because it was removed. Those whose posts were removed know who they are. So do the various mods. They won't get another warning.

taintlint

Quote from: boahog on February 19, 2006, 07:51:59 pm
I saw Susie speak once and she was actually very funny.  However, something tells me she is not the best recruiter.  We are beating out the likes of Central Florida, Centenary, and Tulsa for recruits (need to be beating SEC, Big12, and ACC schools). Time for a change...better open up the wallet (Kentucky and Auburn did with recent great hires).

Hey Miami beats out schools like Arkansas State for recruits so I won't put too much weight on that. Even our mens football team chases kids who only have offers from Pratt Community College and Montana Tech.

mchogfan

Quote from: taintlint on February 19, 2006, 08:06:53 pm

Hey Miami beats out schools like Arkansas State for recruits so I won't put too much weight on that. Even our mens football team chases kids who only have offers from Pratt Community College and Montana Tech.

Didn't realize we had more than one football team.

taintlint

Quote from: mchogfan on February 19, 2006, 08:08:20 pm
Quote from: taintlint on February 19, 2006, 08:06:53 pm

Didn't realize we had more than one football team.

Sorry....I guess I said "men" because I was in a female sports thread state of mind. Regardless, I think our past two seasons could have passed for womens football.

mchogfan

I was joking....I knew what you meant.

chiefsfan

I really dont like Susie Gardner...or have I mentioned that already...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogman64

I really dont like the direction she has taken our women's basketball program, which can only be described as a nosedive...........

mchogfan

Quote from: hogman64 on February 19, 2006, 10:17:32 pm
I really dont like the direction she has taken our women's basketball program, which can only be described as a nosedive...........

Funny, but I think it will be deleted.

hogman64

Quote from: mchogfan on February 19, 2006, 10:23:27 pm

that was only meant in the context of a steep decline.............

mchogfan

Quote from: hogman64 on February 19, 2006, 10:33:56 pm

Now I understand

hogman64

Quote from: mchogfan on February 19, 2006, 10:35:24 pm
Quote from: hogman64 on February 19, 2006, 10:33:56 pm

Now I understand

Wow its getting scary you have  to think thru possible double meanings on these posts...she has just run this program in the ground and its sickening...but seems no one that matters really cares...............

mchogfan

I was being very facetious in my "now I understand".

tophawg19

also she was recommended by andy landers from georgia . never get recomendations from teams wanting to beat you .  ;) baylors coach is the one we want no matter what the cost . if the ladybacks win butts will be in the seats to pay the cost . look at the fans answering this topic . tennessee's ladies often outdraw the men's team .

hogsanity

perhaps the coaches of the 5 SEC teams we actually beat should be fired for losing to this lady back team? 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GassHogg

Quote from: MikeThrel on February 19, 2006, 05:42:44 pm
Fire Susie Gardner.
Fire her,until I started reading this post I didn't know who Susie Gardner was.
Can I still call myself a Razorback fan.

tophawg19

February 20, 2006, 04:42:50 pm #33 Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 04:44:39 pm by tophawg19
damn man talk about reality challenged we are getting killed . this could have been another 40 point loss . do you even listen or watch the games or do you just post to run up your count and everyone elses blood pressure . talk about dumb comments without adding anything but the the same old tired crap . what do you see good about her as a coach , come on throw out something useful .yeah gass hogg there is a lot to like about the ladies programs bev lewis isn't 1 of them she is the female version of frank broyles both useless .

hogman64

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2006, 04:34:17 pm
perhaps the coaches of the 5 SEC teams we actually beat should be fired for losing to this lady back team? 

There are only 4 of them... we beat Miss. St, a team that has only won one game, twice... I think a record for ineptitude may have been set on sunday .. I am not even thinking of researching this  , but I would say there is a good chance that no U of A  team's starters, womens or mens, have  ever played a total of 113 minutes in a game and only scored 11 points before....11 points by the starters in an entire game, Susie Gardner is an embarrasment to the University of Arkansas.............

boahog

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 20, 2006, 04:42:50 pm
damn man talk about reality challenged we are getting killed . this could have been another 40 point loss . do you even listen or watch the games or do you just post to run up your count and everyone elses blood pressure . talk about dumb comments without adding anything but the the same old tired crap . what do you see good about her as a coach , come on throw out something useful .yeah gass hogg there is a lot to like about the ladies programs bev lewis isn't 1 of them she is the female version of frank broyles both useless .

talk about "dumb comments" - how about putting Broyles in the same sentence as Bev Lewis.  Think about what Broyles has done for this University, Town, State and beyond. Hired Sutton, Richardson which put bball on the map...Holtz and beyond for football...Van Horn baseball....McDOnnell track.  How about all the facilities he has had built. I know most won't agree with all his decisions but what Broyles has done for UofA and the state is something we should thank him for and be glad he took such pride in the Razorbacks.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: MikeThrel on February 19, 2006, 05:42:44 pm
Fire Susie Gardner.

Fire Bev Lewis.  That should've happened when she allowed ASU to outbid her for the NIT game last year.

Bill_Smith

Two questions:

One:  How many starters have Arkansas lost this season to injury?

Two:  Can you name any of the recruits for next season?
"Trust the people" -- Winston Churchill

hogfan13

Quote from: Bill_Smith on February 20, 2006, 10:17:28 pm
Two questions:

:( I knew this was gonna happen :'(

hogman64

Quote from: DrMongoose on February 20, 2006, 11:21:10 pm
Quote from: MikeThrel on February 20, 2006, 11:09:57 pm
Quote from: Bill_Smith on February 20, 2006, 10:17:28 pm
Two questions:

1)  Did any of Gary Blair's players ever get hurt?  He won many games here and no one ever talked about injuries when he would lose a game. 

2)  If the Lady Razorbacks hadn't sucked so bad since SG has been here then maybe there'd be more interest and someone could name their recruits.

have you ever bought a ticket to a lady'back basketball game? just wondering

I have bought tickets to lady razorback games... I  did have more  interest in Lady back basketball until Susie Gardner ruined the program... Injuries are part of the game and something losers tend to want to talk about , that and how few points they lost by.. but Susie cant really talk about the later  since she is averaging losing by about 30. Instead of us talking about what might be next year, why dont you tell us what recruits she actually  HAS BROUGHT  to campus in her 4 years here that are legitimate SEC players and have proved that they are on the court.
I really dont mean to be argumentative  I would really like to know  what legitimate SEC players she has recruited and are on her team.. I just happen to think she has done a horrible job.......

Cornhogio

Well, he took us to one more Final Four than his predecessor or successor did.  I guess he wasn't that bad.
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

mikeirwin

The A&M women are currently 8-5 in the Big 12 and on a 2 game losing streak. I'm not sure they're rocking and rolling.
Put them in the SEC and I doubt they'd be above .500.
Gary's a good coach but Susie is not the turkey some of you think she is. Pat Summitt couldn't win with the injuries the Lady'Backs have had this season. Some of you have said injuries are a part of the game. Take Steven Hill, Darian Townes and Charles Thomas off the men's team and see how many games they would have won. The Lady'Backs have no inside game in a league dominated by by good inside players.

Donald Miller

Are you talking about football or woman's basketball? 

hogman64

February 21, 2006, 12:34:47 pm #43 Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 12:39:26 pm by hogman64
Quote from: mikeirwin on February 21, 2006, 10:36:34 am
The A&M women are currently 8-5 in the Big 12 and on a 2 game losing streak. I'm not sure they're rocking and rolling.
Gary's a good coach but Susie is not the turkey some of you think she is. Pat Summitt couldn't win with the injuries the Lady'Backs have had this season. Some of you have said injuries are a part of the game. Take Steven Hill, Darian Townes and Charles Thomas off the men's team and see how many games they would have won. The Lady'Backs have no inside game in a league dominated by by good inside players.

Mike maybe you can answer this question,  I have asked but no one has answered it..........If she has recruited SEC players and they are injured maybe a case can be made... What legitmate SEC players has Susie Gardner recruited and brought to campus that are now on her team,
from the day she was hired thru the freshman class now on campus?
Lets leave out next year , since that is might  be, could be , may be, that point can be made at another time, because to me this team seems to have very little talent , healthy or injured.   By the way the Alabama men's team as I understand it is playing with 7 scholarship players and they seem to be doing ok.. No matter how you slice it injuries are part of the game and you recruit with that in mind, not saying they cant make a difference but dont really think they are eligible to be used as an excuse in the 4th year of 4 terrible years.

HogInaStrangeLand

February 22, 2006, 01:46:40 pm #44 Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 01:52:19 pm by HogInaStrangeLand

talk about "dumb comments" - how about putting Broyles in the same sentence as Bev Lewis.  Think about what Broyles has done for this University, Town, State and beyond. Hired Sutton, Richardson which put bball on the map...Holtz and beyond for football...Van Horn baseball....McDOnnell track.  How about all the facilities he has had built. I know most won't agree with all his decisions but what Broyles has done for UofA and the state is something we should thank him for and be glad he took such pride in the Razorbacks.
[/quote]

BB was on the map before Sutton and way before Richardson.
But overall I agree that Broyles deserves more credit than the original statement.

tophawg19

broyles did a great job . but over the last 7 or 8 years he has done to much to destroy the legacy to be anything but useless right now. we have coaches that are mid major at best add in the racial comments brought out at nolans trial and then what happened with his buddy herrod , his hiring of bev lewis and all the meddling over the years and you come up with a man way past time for retirement .

Hog_from_Tulsa

Quote from: HoopHog on February 21, 2006, 09:51:31 am
Gary Blair is rockin and rollin at A&M.  Yet another sprots program screwed up by the infallable Frank Broyles.

Frank Broyles has no control over women's athletics........that's Bev Lewis.
"We can't get no reform when we're the incumbent" - Pappy O'Daniel

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: mikeirwin on February 21, 2006, 10:36:34 am

I don't think you should evaluate Blair and what he has done at A&M by saying well if he were in the SEC....  He's not in the SEC so that's a moot point.  Is his A&M team better than when he arrived?  Undoubtedly yes.  Did he accomplish more at Arkansas than his predessor?  Yes.  Blair at least established that you can play competitve SEC basketball at Arkansas and be successful in the postseason.  Injuries or not has his successor accomplished anything?  No.  The groundwork he laid should have made her job easier.  When you choose not to retain a coach it should be because you think by letting him/her go you can upgrade?  Anyone here want to debate that Susie Gardner is an upgrade from Gary Blair?  Has Susie Gardener done anything in her career to lead you to believe that she will take UofA back to the Final 4, or hell the WNIT finals for that matter?  To quote Whitney Houston Brown:  "Hell to the No!" 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hogman64

Quote from: DrMongoose on February 23, 2006, 10:04:42 pm
just a follow-up on freshman Whitney Jones. She had 21 points and 5 boards tonight against All-SEC post Tasha Humphrey and would have had more if not for a cramp that forced her out of the game inside the final 4 minutes.

If she can get healthy tonight was proof she's gonna be a dandy. Add in the incoming freshman and a healthy Sarah Pfeiffer and next year could be a lot of fun.

As UGA head coach Andy Landers said after the game, "Arkansas is best defensive team in the SEC. I thought it was LSU before tonight but after this, without question it's Arkansas."

thanks for answering my question about the talent level, fair enough.. lets hope SG has or does recruit some more like whitney jones..... if we keep her around.... I have only seen us on tv this year and we looked horrible.........dont forget Andy Landers is SG's college coachand recommended her for the job so he is going to try to make a point of throwing compliments her way all he can.. i tend to discount what opposing coaches say complimentary especially within the same conference and more especially about a former player of his, if they are smart they are always going to say something good, I am sure Landers doesnt feel bad at all about not blowing SG out by 30 as others have recently, I never thought this game would be a total runaway.........

Bill_Smith

Since no one has even tried to answer question #2:

Tanisha Smith, Kansas City Lincoln Prep:  Her team is undefeated in conference, headed to state 4A as top seed in area; she was just named WBCA High School All-America Honorable Mention (and FYI, that's top 40 in the country, 20 on the AA, 20 on the HM) and is a nominee for McDonald's AA Game.  She averages 27 ppg, 12 rpg.  She's 6-2.

Ashley Wilson, Byhalia High, Byhalia, Miss.:  Her team just won its division and will host the bi-district tournament this weekend.  She's averaging 12 ppg.  She's 6-3.  She Byhalia's point guard.

Charity Ford, Seguin High, Arlington, Texas:  Ranked No. 13 prospect in the state of Texas by TexasHoops.  Averaged 17.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 4.0 apg, this season; shooting 53.6% from the field.  She's ninth among all 4A players in the north Dallas region.  Seguin is undefeated in conference play this season.

Kendra Roberts, Fort Smith Northside:  I hope you know that name without explanation, but just in case, she's averaging 12 ppg as Lady Bears swept 5A West again at 15-0.

New question:  What do all four of the early signees have in common?
"Trust the people" -- Winston Churchill