Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I SPOKE WITH NAN BLAIR - GARY BLAIR'S WIFE

Started by Westcoasthog, March 31, 2011, 03:00:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Westcoasthog

i spoke with Nan Blair - Gary Blair's wife who is associate Professior of Nursing at the University of Arkansas, Director of Eleanor Mann School of Nursing.
She said that there could be a possibility that Gary Blair
could come back to Arkansas to coach the Arkansas
Women's Basketball team.  As you know Gary Blair
coached the Arkansas Women to the Final Four in 1998,
and coached the Arkansas Women to the NIT Women's
Title in 1999.

Smithian

1836andon

"Arkansas Womens Basketabll Team" 

I've never heard of such a thing?  Is this new?  Must be a club sport.  Do they play at the Jones Center like the hockey team? 

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

COACHINTEXAS

I would rather have Kim Mulkey from Baylor. I went to La Tech with her and she married a guy from El Dorado. I think she would go to UA in a minute.
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: COACHINTEXAS on March 31, 2011, 03:37:16 pm
I would rather have Kim Mulkey from Baylor. I went to La Tech with her and she married a guy from El Dorado. I think she would go to UA in a minute.

Believe it or not, she currently makes around $1 million a year.   NO WAY do we pay that much, and she won't take a paycut. 

Prowling Moose

Marshfieldhog

Lol, we've moved on to women's bball, what the heck...fire tom collen!!!

Breems

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on March 31, 2011, 04:16:36 pm
Lol, we've moved on to women's bball, what the heck...fire tom collen!!!

Pork said Long was going to.

Plans changed of course, after we fired Pel.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

booogaga

It would be great to get Blair back. It was plain stupid to let him go in the first place.
GO HOGS!

dhornjr1

Quote from: Breems on March 31, 2011, 04:20:46 pm
Pork said Long was going to.

Plans changed of course, after we fired Pel.

So, after they fired Pelphrey and hired Anderson they couldn't afford to pay Collen's buyout? What is his buyout - a six-pack of Schlitz? It couldn't be much.

AloRaptor

Quote from: dhornjr1 on March 31, 2011, 04:28:44 pm
So, after they fired Pelphrey and hired Anderson they couldn't afford to pay Collen's buyout? What is his buyout - a six-pack of Schlitz? It couldn't be much.

Do they still brew that crap? Amazing :)

booogaga

GO HOGS!

dhornjr1

Cylinder

Quote from: dhornjr1 on March 31, 2011, 04:28:44 pm

A 12pk - and we're still raising money for the football facility.

dhornjr1

Quote from: Cylinder on March 31, 2011, 04:41:03 pm
A 12pk - and we're still raising money for the football facility.

Oh, it was a 12-pack? Well, either my sources were incorrect or the situation was fluid. :)

farmhawg

Quote from: hogwildinhouston on March 31, 2011, 03:43:42 pm
Believe it or not, she currently makes around $1 million a year.   NO WAY do we pay that much, and she won't take a paycut. 
Blair is making close to that...
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

AloRaptor

Quote from: booogaga on March 31, 2011, 04:38:32 pm
yes they do sir. Yes they do.

Wow.Never woulda thunk it. Next you'll be telling me they still make Falstaff. :o

yraciv

When you are screaming at her TELL GARY BLAIR TO COME BACK AND COACH THE LADY RAZORBACKS! Odds are she was scared, and just said it was a possibility to have you leave her alone. We're not hiring Gary Blair, Kim Mulkey, or any other dream coach you imagine we can get. Not for a sport with such little support, and at a time when we are paying our football and basketball coach so much. Do you think the big alumni are ready to shell out money for women's basketball? I doubt they've even been to a handful of games. Let your agenda go, and learn to post like everyone else.

hawgdavis

yraciv

YOU ARE AN A$$. Leave the man alone. He just shared some info with us and I think its good info. Perhaps if we had a good coach and a winning team there would be more support. I have a daughter that is a pretty good ball player she was a true Frosh. this year started and played every single game her averages as follows

12 pts
16 rb
2 blocks
5 steals
6 assists.

I would love for her to someday choose the Hogs but unless they do something she will choose else where.

Oh and by the way she is 6' and 145 lbs. with an attitude  (she will unfortunately get taller)

FBREW000

Quote from: yraciv on March 31, 2011, 05:33:19 pm
When you are screaming at her TELL GARY BLAIR TO COME BACK AND COACH THE LADY RAZORBACKS! Odds are she was scared, and just said it was a possibility to have you leave her alone. We're not hiring Gary Blair, Kim Mulkey, or any other dream coach you imagine we can get. Not for a sport with such little support, and at a time when we are paying our football and basketball coach so much. Do you think the big alumni are ready to shell out money for women's basketball? I doubt they've even been to a handful of games. Let your agenda go, and learn to post like everyone else.
Douchery in the dictionary.... and viola... You're Pic...

Dwight_K_Shrute

Susie in a sweater is no better than Pel, but if we must put up with him and get BP, DVH, MA, and The Cooks in exchange I guess it's Ok.

Here's the thing everyone knew Pel wasn't getting it done because the SEC got progressively worse while he was here meaning it should have been easier to succeed. Well the same can be said for the SEC women.  It's nowhere near where it was 5 years ago.  Pel had late season swan dives and Susie Sweater Vest is just as bad if not worse.  They choked away games at home to very mediocre teams.  No way we can afford to pay a decent women's coach unless a donor steps up. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: yraciv on March 31, 2011, 05:33:19 pm
I'll have to agree with this
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Tusks

Gary was punted by White and Gardner because they wanted a female coach.....they didn't even offer to renew his contract.  I think he had grounds for discrimination suit....because they didn't' even try to hide the fact that's why they were pushing him out the door.....very flagrant.

I don't think they should try and hire Pat Summitt away from TN but it would be nice to have a women's team that can go to the F4....I would think a team with that kind of talent they would pretty much pay for themselves.....nothing wrong with winning programs across the board.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Swine n Roses

about kim Mulkey, someone said we wouldn't pay or couldn't pay a Million$, wrong...she'll pay for herself swiftly by packin BWA and all other benefits that go with it.

This is most likely next years project.

Hoggish1

Arkapigdiesel

Women's hoops, huh?  What a snooze fest.

Will the (possible) added revenue of a better girl's team offset the extra money paid to hire a big name coach?  It's so nice that the fricking Title IX sports bleed revenue from the sports that count.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Swine n Roses on March 31, 2011, 09:07:55 pm
about kim Mulkey, someone said we wouldn't pay or couldn't pay a Million$, wrong...she'll pay for herself swiftly by packin BWA and all other benefits that go with it.

This is most likely next years project.
Packing BWA?  Give me a break.  BWA won't be packed from a woman's sporting event.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

hoginator

Oh, hey. Sorry, took a wrong turn and ended up in this thread. Good luck...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

The real Hogules

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on March 31, 2011, 09:23:54 pm
Packing BWA?  Give me a break.  BWA won't be packed from a woman's sporting event.

While maybe not packing BWA, a high quality womans program could probably draw as many fans as a John Pelphery coached mens team was drawing during his last season at Arkansas and that would most assuredly pay for a Gary Blair, or Kim Mulkey as the head coach and give us another quality program that we could be proud of!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Oklahawg

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on March 31, 2011, 09:23:54 pm

Competitive Breast Exams would pack that joint. ;)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Westcoasthog

Adkapigdiese, with the right womens basketball coach Arkansas could
pack Bud Walton Arena

bigbadhog

Quote from: nutted on March 31, 2011, 07:17:02 pm
Gary was punted by White and Gardner because they wanted a female coach.....they didn't even offer to renew his contract.  I think he had grounds for discrimination suit....because they didn't' even try to hide the fact that's why they were pushing him out the door.....very flagrant.

I don't think they should try and hire Pat Summitt away from TN but it would be nice to have a women's team that can go to the F4....I would think a team with that kind of talent they would pretty much pay for themselves.....nothing wrong with winning programs across the board.

Bev Rouse was the Women's athletic director at the time.  I called and complained to her after she let Gary Blair go.  She gave me some BS about how we can do better.  Everyone knew at the time that she did it because she wanted a lady coach.  How did Susie Gardner work out for you Bev? 
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

hoginator

Quote from: Westcoasthog on March 31, 2011, 10:10:38 pm
pack Bud Walton Arena
Ok, well, since I'm here, i just have to tell you. What you just said is a little bit delusional. Good intentions I'm sure, and I applaud you, but seriously delusional...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Hawg414

Quote from: Westcoasthog on March 31, 2011, 10:10:38 pm
pack Bud Walton Arena

arkansas would never, under any circumstances - even back to back to back to back to back to back final 4s - pack BWA full for ladybacks basketball. 

online-with-swine

If we started playing skins and shirts we might have a chance of packing it out.....maybe.

Danny J

Quote from: KnilesKankle on March 31, 2011, 10:49:28 pm
If we started playing skins and skins we might have a chance of packing it out.....maybe.
FIFY

yraciv

Quote from: Hawg414 on March 31, 2011, 10:34:11 pm
arkansas would never, under any circumstances - even back to back to back to back to back to back final 4s - pack BWA full for ladybacks basketball. 

Yeah we got like 6,000 paid attendance on average when we were good.  Teams like Tennessee and UCONN avg. like 12,000 paid attendance. We'd never get anywhere close to getting Bud Walton half full.  Nothing against the fan's, but a lot of people just don't like women's basketball.  Sorry to the people I offended with my last post, but Westcoast has an agenda, and the act is getting old quick. All posts are coaching related with outlandish comments about how we can get the top coaches in every sport and puts it in all caps. Westcoast is just taking the act on tour from where it hid in the little used women's sports forum by posting the same topics elsewhere.  Glad some of you out there agree with me.

texas tush hog

In case nobody noticed Gary Blair's A&M women just advanced to the final four by beating none other than Kim Mulkey's Baylor Bears helloooo!

snoblind

HogBreath

What about rehiring Pel to coach the LadyBacks? 

His speech to the girls about how sometimes a warrior just lays down and bleeds would really generate some interest.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

SPAL

if we are hiring a new women's coach that isn't joe foley, then there is no reason to think anybody gives two dangs about it and we should just hire some random hogville poster for a couple of coupons to red lobster.

Wade Garrett

Joe Foley is the right hire for the job.  His overall record at Arkansas Tech and UALR are amazing.  The man is a winner and has won everywhere he has coached. 

This is a no-brainer IMHO.

AloRaptor

HogSophist

Quote from: yraciv on March 31, 2011, 10:55:59 pm
Yeah we got like 6,000 paid attendance on average when we were good.  Teams like Tennessee and UCONN avg. like 12,000 paid attendance. We'd never get anywhere close to getting Bud Walton half full.  Nothing against the fan's, but a lot of people just don't like women's basketball.  Sorry to the people I offended with my last post, but Westcoast has an agenda, and the act is getting old quick. All posts are coaching related with outlandish comments about how we can get the top coaches in every sport and puts it in all caps. Westcoast is just taking the act on tour from where it hid in the little used women's sports forum by posting the same topics elsewhere.  Glad some of you out there agree with me.

Dont know about night in/night out, but back in the blair days of india lewis, christy smith, et al....we had well over 6k many times. we hit 11 or 12k for a few games as well.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

RazorTexan

Quote from: 1836andon on March 31, 2011, 03:30:10 pm
"Arkansas Womens Basketabll Team" 

I've never heard of such a thing?  Is this new?  Must be a club sport.  Do they play at the Jones Center like the hockey team?

Please, shut up
Texan by choice, Razorback by the grace of God.

Democrats quit telling lies about the right and we will quit telling the truth about you

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 01, 2011, 12:48:00 am
if we are hiring a new women's coach that isn't joe foley, then there is no reason to think anybody gives two dangs about it and we should just hire some random hogville poster for a couple of coupons to red lobster.

Throw in unlimited cheese biscuits and the same for cold beer and ahhh nevermind it's Catfish Hole or nothing.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Oh and for the record, If I were Gary Blair.... I'd get divorced before ever giving UofA the satisfaction of having me again.  Or...  it'd be a HUGE lump sum signing bonus and a 2 mil package.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"