Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Open letter to Jimmy Dykes

Started by Biggus Piggus, December 18, 2008, 10:28:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WADHOG

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 18, 2008, 10:47:51 am
I am just amazed at how some fans on here just can't ever be happy. If they were married to Jessica Simpson, they'd be mad they weren't married to Jessica Alba. Jimmy Dykes does a great job doing what he does. we are lucky to have an ambassador like him from our state working for ESPN.

the complaining about Jimmy makes me sick to even be a member of this board. and i won't sit back and let it go unchecked.
exactly

Biggus Piggus

December 23, 2008, 09:55:13 am #51 Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 09:58:20 am by Biggus Piggus
Quote from: drakehog on December 18, 2008, 02:26:14 pm
you're exactly right there. I thought it was hilarious that he talked about Welsh only being a 57 percent foul shooter and this and that and how they had to shoot free throws better and right in front of him, Welsh had already hit 6 in a row and would hit another before missing, and Britt was also knocking them down.

He sort of takes the anti-Rick Schaeffer approach to analysis. For Rick last night (though I didn't listen), I'm sure he was going crazy with superlatives. For Dykes, the glass is half empty. Everything must be improved.

Hell, he does the game and talks about recent turnovers, but it was Inman who had to tell him how many turnovers they had last game, 26. JDykes was settling for 20 before Inman corrected him.

Still, JDykes is better than anyone else they put on there as color man on RSP (formerly ARSN).

Hilarious how sensitive some people are on here about their Jimmy. 

Like I said, Dykes was right on topic regarding the Hogs for a long time, but he wasn't there for a couple of games.  That doesn't make him Billy Packer.  He would have to get a lot worse to be like Packer.
[CENSORED]!

JLaws

Quote from: devildog on December 18, 2008, 03:53:52 pm
I thought his wife was hot. 8)
Yeah... sums up my thoughts on the subject. I thought my eyes were gonna pop out of my head after the Austin Peay game.
"Fan is short for FANATIC! You people ARE INSANE!" - Colin Cowherd

"When you have the opportunity to be with the sexiest girl or the smartest football coach, you take it and worry about what happens if they leave when they leave." -writer's quote when UA hired Petrino