Not rated on 247

Speed speed speed apparently

liljo

Quote from: ballinhog on February 24, 2018, 07:31:53 pm
Malik Chavis 6-2 185lb Ath from Rison

Not rated on 247

Speed speed speed apparently

HUDL says 4.43, FWIW.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

orgkeith

Allstate RB-S  100 meter track guy. 3.5 gpa

liljo

Watched his highlights. Definitely got the wheels! Looks like he's got excellent hands, explosion, and vision.

I think he will be classified as: WEAPON.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: liljo on February 25, 2018, 12:16:02 am
Watched his highlights. Definitely got the wheels! Looks like he's got excellent hands, explosion, and vision.

I think he will be classified as: WEAPON.

This is how you do it dawg...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Cure

He has ties, loves the helmet and the speed is legit.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 25, 2018, 02:42:43 pm
This is how you do it dawg...

These are the kind of kids Bielema would never have offered, much less pretended to attempt to recruit after getting burned by Korliss Marshall.  Fans kinda forced Marshall on Bielema, his talent was undeniable, his baggage too much for Bert to attempt to help.

Not saying Chavis has any of the problems that Marshall did just that Bielema would not have even tried to get this kid who looks to be lights out on the field. Hope to see a bunch more small town Arkansas kids wearing that Razorback on their helmets. Talent is out there you just have to dig for it.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on February 25, 2018, 06:05:59 pm

These are the kind of kids Bielema would never have offered, much less pretended to attempt to recruit after getting burned by Korliss Marshall.  Fans kinda forced Marshall on Bielema, his talent was undeniable, his baggage too much for Bert to attempt to help.

Not saying Chavis has any of the problems that Marshall did just that Bielema would not have even tried to get this kid who looks to be lights out on the field. Hope to see a bunch more small town Arkansas kids wearing that Razorback on their helmets. Talent is out there you just have to dig for it.

So wait, has this kid attended any of CM's camps? 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 25, 2018, 06:44:50 pm
So wait, has this kid attended any of CM's camps? 

Not that I have heard, I doubt a lot of these kids went to SMU camps.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on February 25, 2018, 06:50:25 pm
Not that I have heard, I doubt a lot of these kids went to SMU camps.

Yeah, it was rhetorical.  A poor attempt at humor using a passive aggressive technique.  Sometimes I go off the rails.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 25, 2018, 06:53:37 pm
Yeah, it was rhetorical.  A poor attempt at humor using a passive aggressive technique.  Sometimes I go off the rails.

I usually know the passive aggressive posters, radar must be down. And who knows if Bielema would have offered him, probably not at these stage of the recruiting season, though.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on February 25, 2018, 06:58:26 pm
And who knows if Bielema would have offered him, probably not at these stage of the recruiting season, though.

You just get me.

And This kid must not show any signs of academic issues either.

liljo

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 25, 2018, 07:00:40 pm
You just get me.

And This kid must not show any signs of academic issues either.

I think I heard he has a 3.5 GPA.

I went to school in Rison many years ago. They have a long and storied football tradition. But you have to be going to Rison to get there. Kind of like Fordyce (ironically, Rison's biggest rivalry game). Maybe it would just be too far out of the way for a lot of "talent scouts" and such.   :-\

hawgwild child

February 25, 2018, 11:25:28 pm #13 Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:25:22 am by hawgwild child
My guess is safety, has a nice frame to grow into. I saw this kid play this year and also the batey kid from foreman.  The batey kid might be the fastest in the state, if they like chavis they really need to look into batey as well, he is another kid from a small town in 2A.  Both chavis and batey ran against each other in the 2A state track with batey 3rd and chavis finishing 2nd.  Batey ran a blistering prelim at 10.99 but ended finishing 3rd. Both kids have a lot of potential

liljo

Quote from: hawgwild child on February 25, 2018, 11:25:28 pm
My guess is safety, has a nice frame to grow into. I saw this kid play this year and also the batey kid from foreman.  The batey kid might be the fastest in the state, if they like chevis they really need to look into batey as well, he is another kid from a small town in 2A.  Both chevis and batey ran against each other in the 2A state track with batey 1 and chevis finishing 2nd.  Both have elite speed

HUDL has Kyren Batey at 4.22 in the 40...That, if true, would be amazing to see in a Razorback uni.

hawgwild child

I'm glad to see this staff looking into the smaller classifications. A lot of kids don't get looked at or go unnoticed sometimes

Hogsenburg

Great kid from a great home.....good athlete to boot....congrats to Malik

orgkeith

Anyone know anything about the Hill kid at Camden Harmony Grove?  Carbon copy of Chavis?

AugustaHog

This has the appearance of the elite in-state class we seem to have every 4-5 years.  Just with offers out as of today, we could fill: 3 WRs/TE, 2 stud OL, 2 DL, and a really athletic DB.  And all are good quality ballplayers.  None are reaches and we are sitting at 8 kids.  I wouldn't be shocked to see camps and evaluations get it to 10.  This is the class, if CCM gets him a QB, that will bring us back.

RaisinHog

Quote from: liljo on February 25, 2018, 11:40:12 pm
HUDL has Kyren Batey at 4.22 in the 40...That, if true, would be amazing to see in a Razorback uni.

Batey will be on the hill march 10th for the prospect day