Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BEARS ADD FLORIDA QB TO SIGNING CLASS

Started by Seminole Indian, February 14, 2018, 06:44:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

CONWAY, Ark. _ The University of Central Arkansas football staff added a dual-threat quarterback, BeSean McCray, to their 2018 signing class on Wednesday.

McCray, a 6-foot-1, 175-pounder, played at Dr. Phillips High School in Orlando, Fla., where he passed for 2,208 yards and 20 touchdowns and rushed for 608 yards and eight touchdowns as a senior.

"BeSean adds an element to our offense that we haven't had here in my time,' said UCA head coach Nathan Brown, a former record-setting quarterback for the Bears. 'He is a legitimate 4.4 kid that can escape the pocket and make a lot of plays with his feet. He also has a great arm that can stretch the defense vertically down the field.'

Brown said McCray was UCA's No. 1 priority at quarterback.

"BeSean was a heavily recruited kid from the Orlando area and wanted to make sure he was 100% all in on his decision,' said Brown, who announced a 19-player signing class a week ago. "That is one of the reasons he waited until after signing day to sign. He wanted to make sure this is the place he wanted to be. Myself and our staff are ecstatic about adding him and his family to our program.'

The Panthers, who finished the 2017 season 13-2, were ranked No. 69 nationally by MaxPreps after closing with a 17-7 victory over Delray Beach to win the Florida 8A state championship.   

The Bears are coming off consecutive 10-victory seasons and back-to-back FCS Playoff appearances.

BESEAN MCCOY:
•  2017 Season Passing Stats: 167/241 2,208 Yards 20 TD
•  2017 Season Rushing Stats: 71 Rushes 608 Yards 8 TD
•  247 2 Star Recruit
•  247 123rd Rated Dual Threat QB in nation
•  247 424th Rated recruit in Florida
•  ESPN 3 Star Recruit
•  2017 First Team District 5-8A
•  Orlando Sentinel All Orlando Team
•  Florida 8A State Champion Quarterback
•  FHSAA All-State Honorable Mention
*Other Offers: Georgia Southern, Charleston Southern, Kent State, UAB, McNeese State

http://www.ucasports.com/news/2018/2/14/football-bears-add-florida-qb-to-signing-class.aspx

247 profile: https://247sports.com/Player/BeSean-McCray-89608
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne