Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well guys

Started by AHiD, February 13, 2018, 10:45:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: PorkFromOrk on February 22, 2018, 10:12:54 am
Long time reader, first time poster.  Here's my take...what does it hurt to be optimistic?  He's the coach, and that won't change no matter how many fans don't like the hire.  The way I see it, life is full of disappointments and failures.  Does that mean we just throw in the towel and give up?  I've been a Hog fan for almost 40 years and I go into every season knowing that we are going to win it all.  I've stayed up all night during deployments just to catch a game on AFN, whether we were competitive or we sucked.  Yeah, it's hard when we are losing, but having hope doesn't hurt anyone.  Speaking from experience, negativity is much more damaging to yourself and others around you.

Welcome. Congrats on your first post. Word of advice: stay true to yourself rather than conforming to what's around here. But I wouldn't expect a military man to do otherwise.

Now for your post.....what does it hurt to be optomistic? That depends. I could go into a long spill about how much optimism could possibly hurt a person, especially in life. But in relation to the topic here, sports and more specifically the Razorbacks, the answer is nothing. I would say it takes nothing more than a little blind faith to be optomistic about your sports team. And, if that works best for you and somehow increases the joy or hapiness this sport brings, then that is fantastic. Do what makes you happy.

The flip side of that coin is what does it hurt to be pessimistic in relation to football? The answer is again, nothing. No matter how good or bad I personally feel about things, it wont affect what happens one way or the other. Thats the part I think people get confused about around here. 

The funny part of all this is that Im not really being pessimistic. Do I think Morris can be successful? It doesn't matter. Again, that has no bearing on whether or not he will be. I would call my feeling more of disappointment that we hired who we did when we had the opportunity to make a big-time move. But what's done is done, and nothing is going to change that. In all likelihood, in 5 or 6 years we will be talking about who the next Razorback coach will be, regardless of how many games Morris wins or loses.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: wildhogman on February 22, 2018, 05:08:53 am
accomplished coach? Tell me how exactly Norvel is any more accomplished then CCM?  TWO years as HC of a team that is basically using another coaches recruits. Lets see how he does this year and next before we proclaim him accomplished at anything.

I was kind of shocked when I read Kiffin's history.  The only thing I really remember about him prior to his Bama stint, is causing the students to riot at Tenn when he "quit" on them after one year. I do remember him accusing Urban (heart palpitation) Meyers of violating NCAA recruiting rules. Which of course was false, and Kiffin was forced to apologize for.  (but lends to the question does he even know the rules of recruiting) I was again shocked to learn he didn't even survive his last season at USC and that Ed O took that team finishing the year 6-2. That's quite an accomplishment for Kiffin. I can see where you would prefer him over CCM.

Brohm. seemed to also be all over the map. Some good, and some not so good. The fact he stayed put at purdue is either impressive or a sign from the PTB around college football, that they want to see more complete and polished "accomplishments". 

Then you have CCM.  Helped resurrect Clemson football and save Dabo from being fired. (if the rumors  here on hogville are to be believed) Gave Clemson a blue print for the offense they apparently still use. (again according to hogville rumors).  Became HC of a school that its former HC quit on before the season was over. (wonder what made him do that since SMU must be a great place because according to people like you CCM as coach there should have done better then he managed to do). Since he took over as HC CCM manage to improve their record every year and gave them a bowl game in his last year there.

I could write a lot more, but this should be enough.   Seems to me some people only want the most controversial figure as coach. I wonder why that is

Yet you conveniently left out that Kiffin took a perineal bottom dweller in FAU to a 10 win season in his first year, meanwhile at SMU (which is smack in the middle of his own state, where he is an expert recruiter) Morris took 3 years  to even have a winning season.

Also, I bolded something in your post. You should consider thinking about that very hard then tell me with a straight face that the "doubters" are the ones with the flawed logic.....

PorkFromOrk

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on February 22, 2018, 09:32:06 pm
Welcome. Congrats on your first post. Word of advice: stay true to yourself rather than conforming to what's around here. But I wouldn't expect a military man to do otherwise.

Now for your post.....what does it hurt to be optomistic? That depends. I could go into a long spill about how much optimism could possibly hurt a person, especially in life. But in relation to the topic here, sports and more specifically the Razorbacks, the answer is nothing. I would say it takes nothing more than a little blind faith to be optomistic about your sports team. And, if that works best for you and somehow increases the joy or hapiness this sport brings, then that is fantastic. Do what makes you happy.

The flip side of that coin is what does it hurt to be pessimistic in relation to football? The answer is again, nothing. No matter how good or bad I personally feel about things, it wont affect what happens one way or the other. Thats the part I think people get confused about around here. 

The funny part of all this is that Im not really being pessimistic. Do I think Morris can be successful? It doesn't matter. Again, that has no bearing on whether or not he will be. I would call my feeling more of disappointment that we hired who we did when we had the opportunity to make a big-time move. But what's done is done, and nothing is going to change that. In all likelihood, in 5 or 6 years we will be talking about who the next Razorback coach will be, regardless of how many games Morris wins or loses.

Fair point.  To each his own I guess.

HeyHogs

The coaches are fine.  It is the administrators that hired them that I am pissed with.  Not the coaches fault they are here.

wildhogman

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on February 22, 2018, 09:47:37 pm
Yet you conveniently left out that Kiffin took a perineal bottom dweller in FAU to a 10 win season in his first year, meanwhile at SMU (which is smack in the middle of his own state, where he is an expert recruiter) Morris took 3 years  to even have a winning season.

Also, I bolded something in your post. You should consider thinking about that very hard then tell me with a straight face that the "doubters" are the ones with the flawed logic.....

Yes I can see the light now, THANK YOU!!!!!!   Its obvious as the wart on your nose. How could even the most ignorant hogville poster miss this?  Ofcourse Kiffens is better. He flopped at the P5 level. but took a perineal bottom dweller in FAU to a 10 win season in his first year.  *rolls my eyes*.

As to the highlighter portion, that was tongue in cheek. However I read stories of those things here on hogville, either as some ones opinion or from a story they linked. Thus my observation "rumors of hogville".  And no I am not going back for the last month and look up any of them. I could careless. I posted most of it to get a rise out of you and it worked.  But your sort of boring. Same ol same ol. Since the day you first logged onto Hogville.  You actually remind me more of the guys I work with then a hog fan. You see most of them are OU or OSU fans, with one Ol miss fan.  Anytime they give the hogs applauds its not to show respect, its just to antagonize or get a response because they really think they are so superior. Best part though, ask them where they work and make a living and everyone of them says "Arkansas".  I always tell them they can go back whence they came anytime, No one in hog land will miss them for even a second.  Enjoy yourself. I'll be reading and chuckling, but doubt I respond anymore. I prefer rationale post with people who can see both sides of an equation. Both sides of this equation, is NO ONE knows how CCM will do. Just like no one knew with Malazahn as OC in 2006 we would win 10 games and come oh so close.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 22, 2018, 05:54:17 pm
That's a ridiculous and incorrect assumption to make about fans. Hoping for better than we have seen doesn't make anyone a "lemming". It is merely "hope" that we do better and there isn't anything wrong with having hope.

Now if someone said that there isn't any doubt that we are going to be vastly improved and contend for the SECCG next season and over 50% of the board agreed without doing their own research and merely fell in line behind the superlative opinion, they might be considered to be "lemmings". I see very, very few doing that on this board.

A better explanation of being a "lemming" according to the Urban Dictionary is as follows:

"A derogatory term used to reference a person who seemingly does not possess any form of individual thought, and instead, mindlessly follows the behaviors and actions of the masses."

#lemming#copycat#mindless#childish#mimic

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lemming

The fact is, though there seem to be very few posters who feel the way that you do, by your standards, all of you who mimic one another could be considered to be "lemmings".

But we won't call you that because most of us have enough respect for one another than to attach such a negative identifier to your well considered, individual opinions, despite the fact that all of you with less "hope" for the future, sound eerily similar in your posts.

Just 2 months ago, everyone here but a few of us was upset with the hire of Morris. Nothing has changed since then because the Hogs have not played a game. What they have done is sign a tiny class of freshmen to be...smallest class in the SEC. Yet now, EVERYONE has "high hopes" that Arkansas will turn it around in the first year under the new coach. These Hogville fans have simply accepted it because they have to, thereby subconsciously convincing themselves that everything is going to be much better than it was. We don't know that. It is an uphill battle for Morris. What Bielema left is going to be tough to work with. And out-recruiting Missouri and Texas A&M is not going to happen overnight. The Hogs cannot beat either of those programs. Yep, definitely lemmings.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

wildhogman

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 23, 2018, 08:09:05 am
Just 2 months ago, everyone here but a few of us was upset with the hire of Morris. Nothing has changed since then because the Hogs have not played a game. What they have done is sign a tiny class of freshmen to be...smallest class in the SEC. Yet now, EVERYONE has "high hopes" that Arkansas will turn it around in the first year under the new coach. These Hogville fans have simply accepted it because they have to, thereby subconsciously convincing themselves that everything is going to be much better than it was. We don't know that. It is an uphill battle for Morris. What Bielema left is going to be tough to work with. And out-recruiting Missouri and Texas A&M is not going to happen overnight. The Hogs cannot beat either of those programs. Yep, definitely lemmings.

Ya know, I mentioned in my last post I work with an ol miss fan. I noticed during all the NCAA thing he remained upbeat. Even now with it all behind Ol Miss and sanctions handed down he is upbeat and hopeful they will remain decent while recruiting good enough to stay within striking range so in 3 or 4 years they have another shot.  Now I don't think so, but I admire the man, that is the definition of a FAN.
I guess I'd rather be like him and have hope eternal that each year is going to bring success more then the year before. That each coach is going to have more success then the one before them. If that makes me a Lemming then so be it.  98% of us are lemmings. 2% lemons. I'd rather be a ray of sunshine then an ol sourpuss any day,, Mr Lemon

GuvHog

That largely depends on how one defines "turning it around".
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

oldhawg

These Hogville fans have simply accepted it because they have to, thereby subconsciously convincing themselves that everything is going to be much better than it was. We don't know that. It is an uphill battle for Morris.

Given the shape the Razorbacks are in now, considering all that has happened the last few years with a largely ineffectual coaching staff, this team can be much better in 2018 than it was in 2017 without a showing a significant change in it's  won-lost record.  Personally, I think six wins is a reasonable expectation, but if it is only four and five, then I will look at other areas of that show improvement ---- effort from first whistle to gun, organization, adjustments, active coaching on the sidelines during games, positive attitudes, and also 2019 recruiting results.  IMO after one year there will be indications whether the Razorbacks are headed back to being a competitive football team, or if fans are in for more of the same.   

It is, after all, a new hastily assembled staff (but IMO a good one), Morris's record as a D-1 coach shows improvement but is still over all a losing record, the early signing period in December may have had somewhat of an negative effect on his first recruiting effort, plus it was such an abbreviated time that he had to recruit, and some other intangibles that probably would best be discussed after he has had an opportunity to go through one full recruiting season.  But nevertheless, I remain optimistic that the Razorbacks made the right choice with Morris and that improvement will be forthcoming and visible on the field.

Regarding your repeated comments about fans being lemmings - meh - fans fall into all types, shapes, sizes, and dispositions.  You have "owned' your lemming analogy, and I appreciate that, but one opinion does not make a truth.  There is indeed a great difference between optimism and blindly following a cause or hope.  But maybe we are simply mincing words here.

Regardless, since we are wasting time  talking about lemmings, I thought the following was a bit interesting.  At least I learned something about lemmings.

"So why is the myth of mass lemming suicide so widely believed? For one, it provides an irresistible metaphor for human behavior. Someone who blindly follows a crowd—maybe even toward catastrophe—is called a lemming. Over the past century, the myth has been invoked to express modern anxieties about how individuality could be submerged and destroyed by mass phenomena, such as political movements or consumer culture."

"But the biggest reason the myth endures? Deliberate fraud. For the 1958 Disney nature film White Wilderness, filmmakers eager for dramatic footage staged a lemming death plunge, pushing dozens of lemmings off a cliff while cameras were rolling. The images—shocking at the time for what they seemed to show about the cruelty of nature and shocking now for what they actually show about the cruelty of humans—convinced several generations of moviegoers that these little rodents do, in fact, possess a bizarre instinct to destroy themselves."

Al Boarland

Quote from: wildhogman on February 23, 2018, 09:25:06 am
Ya know, I mentioned in my last post I work with an ol miss fan. I noticed during all the NCAA thing he remained upbeat. Even now with it all behind Ol Miss and sanctions handed down he is upbeat and hopeful they will remain decent while recruiting good enough to stay within striking range so in 3 or 4 years they have another shot.  Now I don't think so, but I admire the man, that is the definition of a FAN.
I guess I'd rather be like him and have hope eternal that each year is going to bring success more then the year before. That each coach is going to have more success then the one before them. If that makes me a Lemming then so be it.  98% of us are lemmings. 2% lemons. I'd rather be a ray of sunshine then an ol sourpuss any day,, Mr Lemon
Every program needs fans like you, wild.  However, people shouldn't be so quick to call someone not a fan or always negative when the fact of the matter is the program is not a contender.  When it is optimism will be at an all time high and be well deserved.  Right now, the realist are catching a lot of heat because those that fall in the typical psychological cycle of a coaching change don't want to see anything looked at with an objective eye.  All that is to say is everyone is wired how they are wired.  The spectrum of fandom is what keeps a message board active.

oldhawg

Quote from: Al Boarland on February 23, 2018, 11:04:13 am
Every program needs fans like you, wild.  However, people shouldn't be so quick to call someone not a fan or always negative when the fact of the matter is the program is not a contender.  When it is optimism will be at an all time high and be well deserved.  Right now, the realist are catching a lot of heat because those that fall in the typical psychological cycle of a coaching change don't want to see anything looked at with an objective eye.  All that is to say is everyone is wired how they are wired.  The spectrum of fandom is what keeps a message board active.

I tend to agree that everyone has to find their own level of comfort, what works for them.  If cynicism is your "go to" in times of disappointment, then by all means be cynical.  On the other hand, some are not content unless they force their cynical or pessimistic attitudes on others ---- and I guess the same could be said about optimists.

But hey, it's the off season.  Time for absurd, philosophical topics ---- and to enjoy the events happening on OmaHog.  Looking forward to this week-ends games.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: oldhawg on February 23, 2018, 11:23:41 am
I tend to agree that everyone has to find their own level of comfort, what works for them.  If cynicism is your "go to" in times of disappointment, then by all means be cynical.  On the other hand, some are not content unless they force their cynical or pessimistic attitudes on others ---- and I guess the same could be said about optimists.

But hey, it's the off season.  Time for absurd, philosophical topics ---- and to enjoy the events happening on OmaHog.  Looking forward to this week-ends games.
No question that everyone has his/her own outlook on various life issues. Some are going to be optimistic, others take a much more measured approach or even a "show me" style. Fine, as they say "that's what makes the world go round". And while I totally understand and accept that, what I don't fully grasp is how some seem to apparently take the stance that there's no possible way our most recent hire can be a success, apparently based primarily on what he did for the relatively short stint at SMU. Whether he will or he won't can't be judged strictly based on the limited data we have at such. Heck, if we're going to base our judgement on that we might as well take his tremendous record as a Texas high school coach to put that in the mix. BTW I don't happen to place that much credence on that either. Let's step back and see what he can/can't do before rendering a firm judgement.

oldhawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 23, 2018, 12:35:47 pm
...what I don't fully grasp is how some seem to apparently take the stance that there's no possible way our most recent hire can be a success, apparently based primarily on what he did for the relatively short stint at SMU....

I fully agree with this.  Too many examples of success stories to the contrary, like Lou Holtz, Ken Hatfield, Barry Alvarez, Frank Beamer and others.

Shorttimer

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 22, 2018, 01:48:56 pm
If you were free-thinking, you would know that it is going to be an uphill battle at best for Morris and gang, given what was left to them and the tough opponents in the SEC. None of the other teams are sitting still while Ark attempts to improve. We can't beat A&M and they just brought in a head coach who had a recent NC under his belt. High hopes at this point means you are a lemming.
Not sure what your definition of "high hopes" is, but mine doesn't include a miraculous 2018 run to the SEC West title.  I hope for defensive improvement, an innovative offensive attack, and a bowl appearance.  I hope for continued hard work on the recruiting trail.  I hope for a nice trajectory for the program.  I hope to be top half SEC in year 5.  I hope to be mentioned as a west contender.  At this point, what I've seen and heard from Morris gives me hope that all of that can happen.  I have high hopes.

But I suppose I only think that because someone told me to.

Vantage 8 dude

February 23, 2018, 03:02:48 pm #264 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 03:55:32 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Shorttimer on February 23, 2018, 02:22:50 pm
Not sure what your definition of "high hopes" is, but mine doesn't include a miraculous 2018 run to the SEC West title.  I hope for defensive improvement, an innovative offensive attack, and a bowl appearance.  I hope for continued hard work on the recruiting trail.  I hope for a nice trajectory for the program.  I hope to be top half SEC in year 5.  I hope to be mentioned as a west contender.  At this point, what I've seen and heard from Morris gives me hope that all of that can happen.  I have high hopes.

But I suppose I only think that because someone told me to.
Well one has to first of all understand that HIM, in his divinely-inspired wisdom, considers anyone who has any type of hope that the program can improve, gradually or not, as an unthinking "lemming". That's by the mere fact that only HE's apparently been given the absolute and total "word" from whatever great power's in charge of foretelling the future.  I mean what else would justify his totally snarky and condescending attitude toward all those who actually hope for better things to come. As none of the rest of us have such innate and exclusive talents we're therefore hopelessly "wandering in the wildness" seeking guidance and truth. Obviously those of us who actually have optimism are totally and utterly misguided and out of touch. Thanks goodness there's always HIM there to guide and comfort us.  :puke: :puke: :puke:

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: wildhogman on February 23, 2018, 02:56:21 am
Yes I can see the light now, THANK YOU!!!!!!   Its obvious as the wart on your nose. How could even the most ignorant hogville poster miss this?  Ofcourse Kiffens is better. He flopped at the P5 level. but took a perineal bottom dweller in FAU to a 10 win season in his first year.  *rolls my eyes*.

As to the highlighter portion, that was tongue in cheek. However I read stories of those things here on hogville, either as some ones opinion or from a story they linked. Thus my observation "rumors of hogville".  And no I am not going back for the last month and look up any of them. I could careless. I posted most of it to get a rise out of you and it worked.  But your sort of boring. Same ol same ol. Since the day you first logged onto Hogville.  You actually remind me more of the guys I work with then a hog fan. You see most of them are OU or OSU fans, with one Ol miss fan.  Anytime they give the hogs applauds its not to show respect, its just to antagonize or get a response because they really think they are so superior. Best part though, ask them where they work and make a living and everyone of them says "Arkansas".  I always tell them they can go back whence they came anytime, No one in hog land will miss them for even a second.  Enjoy yourself. I'll be reading and chuckling, but doubt I respond anymore. I prefer rationale post with people who can see both sides of an equation. Both sides of this equation, is NO ONE knows how CCM will do. Just like no one knew with Malazahn as OC in 2006 we would win 10 games and come oh so close.

I can see why us Arkansans get a bad rep from other states....idiots like you that cant spell or form a grammatically correct sentence all while thinking a 14-22 record is somehow better than national championship winning coach that got to 10 wins in his first season at a bottom dweller school......

Also, I highlighted another one of the issues in your post. Yet, how dare a Razorback fan be pessimistic......

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on February 23, 2018, 03:29:04 pm
I can see why us Arkansans get a bad rep from other states....idiots like you that cant spell or form a grammatically correct sentence all while thinking a 14-22 record is somehow better than national championship winning coach that got to 10 wins in his first season at a bottom dweller school......

Also, I highlighted another one of the issues in your post. Yet, how dare a Razorback fan be pessimistic......
News flash: IF most of the stories are based on actual fact no matter how much some might have wanted Gus to be the next HC it wasn't going to ever happen. Apparently he was actually using the real (or even implied) threat of an offer from the Hill as leverage to get both a better and extended contract. And gee, guess what? Ole Jimmy helped both himself and GM achieve just that. Yep, there still various options, both real and imagined, we had concerning who our next head coach might be. And while there were at least two or three names tossed out there I have absolutely NO clue as to how much validity there was as to any/all those names even mentioned. However, no matter what the preference(s) one might have had, in the end, like it or not, Chad was named our HC. Whether or not that ultimately proves to be a wise or disastrous hire remains to be seen. And while it's fine to have a "show me" approach to that very issue, some of us PREFER to let it play out. If he fails then unfortunately we'll very likely be looking again a few years down the road. However, just IF he proves the naysayers wrong then I suspect even many of them will eventually admit their mistake. Obviously only time will tell......and that's one thing that can give all of us some hope-that our worst fears just MIGHT be proven unfounded.

As for Arkansans being populated with folks who can't spell, form correct sentence structure, etc. no doubt that exists. However, it by no means it's a condition relegated exclusively to Natural State residents/supporters. Some of the most educated "idiots" (on many levels) I've ever met have Harvard or Yale degrees (or who live in virtually any state) who've never crossed the state line into Hog land. That's because ignorance and lack of proper use of the "King's English" is painfully prevalent in a lot of areas of this country.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 23, 2018, 04:13:31 pm
News flash: IF most of the stories are based on actual fact no matter how much some might have wanted Gus to be the next HC it wasn't going to ever happen. Apparently he was actually using the real (or even implied) threat of an offer from the Hill as leverage to get both a better and extended contract. And gee, guess what? Ole Jimmy helped both himself and GM achieve just that. Yep, there still various options, both real and imagined, we had concerning who our next head coach might be. And while there were at least two or three names tossed out there I have absolutely NO clue as to how much validity there was as to any/all those names even mentioned. However, no matter what the preference(s) one might have had, in the end, like it or not, Chad was named our HC. Whether or not that ultimately proves to be a wise or disastrous hire remains to be seen. And while it's fine to have a "show me" approach to that very issue, some of us PREFER to let it play out. If he fails then unfortunately we'll very likely be looking again a few years down the road. However, just IF he proves the naysayers wrong then I suspect even many of them will eventually admit their mistake. Obviously only time will tell......and that's one thing that can give all of us some hope-that our worst fears just MIGHT be proven unfounded.

As for Arkansans being populated with folks who can't spell, form correct sentence structure, etc. no doubt that exists. However, it by no means it's a condition relegated exclusively to Natural State residents/supporters. Some of the most educated "idiots" (on many levels) I've ever met have Harvard or Yale degrees (or who live in virtually any state) who've never crossed the state line into Hog land. That's because ignorance and lack of proper use of the "King's English" is painfully prevalent in a lot of areas of this country.

Actually Gus did leave an opening to take the job, but once he beat UGA Sexton did his thing.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Negative ghost-rider...

What has taken place is not an acceptance, but a maturation of thought. Many, many on here had a crazy like whiplash or knee jerk reaction to the hire. They were foolish; plain and simple. They saw the same things that poster's like Al and yourself, among others, have been unable to look past, but upon digging into the back ground information, LISTENING, to people who knew CCM and just downright watching critically every move he has made since he landed in Fayetteville, they and I have come away not only relieved but impressed.
I'm not going to list any of the information again as it has been hashed and rehashed repeatedly. I am tempted to make a wager, but I feel that you would put the bar so far out of reach for anyone, much less a first year coach to obtain. Therefore I'm just gonna leave it at this. You're worried. Go on ahead being a shicken chit and leave the rest of us alone...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MuskogeeHogFan

I'll disagree. The vast majority of these players (especially skill players) came from offenses far more similar to that which Morris runs, than that which Bielema ran. For many, this will be like a refresher course of what they grew up playing. It just might breathe fresh life into this team. We will see.

But that wasn't the point of my post. The point was that it was an error to refer to posters as "lemmings" simply because they as individuals, harbor hope for better things under Morris. And most likely, everyone has at least a slightly different opinion than other posters, though they all hope for more success. That's just being a "fan", not a "lemming".
Go Hogs Go!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: oldhawg on February 23, 2018, 09:51:42 am

Regarding your repeated comments about fans being lemmings - meh - fans fall into all types, shapes, sizes, and dispositions.  You have "owned' your lemming analogy, and I appreciate that, but one opinion does not make a truth. 

The right opinion does make a truth. The replies have confirmed my opinion. More statements of hope, faith and optimism. Just as I described.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

LZH

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 23, 2018, 08:14:53 pm
The right opinion does make a truth. The replies have confirmed my opinion. More statements of hope, faith and optimism. Just as I described.

"Pissing contest control: engaged and working perfectly, cap'n..."

liljo

...of which yours most certainly is not. In fact, I still think even your username is a lie. Maybe VolInMemphis. Or warEagleInMemphis. Something of that sort.

I just can't imagine you calling the Hogs!
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

(We) Arkansans... (can't) spell...  Don't even get me on your comma usage.

C- at best...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

OneTuskOverTheLine™

No truth just IS, and up to this point you have the facts of what is past. That's not truth on what is future unless you're a prophet, but we all know you're actually just an a-hole.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 23, 2018, 08:35:32 pm
No truth just IS, and up to this point you have the facts of what is past. That's not truth on what is future unless you're a prophet, but we all know you're actually just an a-hole.
The person who is right draws the ire of all the people who cannot figure it out. Typical human nature. See it every day here in postings.

AHiD

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 23, 2018, 10:45:45 pm
The person who is right draws the ire of all the people who cannot figure it out. Typical human nature. See it every day here in postings.

Hey man, if you're so confident that you're telling the truth, you should have no problem making a friendly wager. Give me million to one odds, that the 2020 season does not end in more than 8 wins. If unclear, this means that if Arkansas does not pull off 9 wins in 2020, I lose. If Arkansas wins 9 or more, I win. If you're so convinced you're right why not put money behind it?
My name...is Jerruh

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 23, 2018, 08:33:14 pm

C- at best...

Well I could correct the darn out of your posts too, but that wasn't the point of mine. You can at least write a legible paragraph with a legitimate thought. On the other hand, the dolt I was replying to probably couldn't pass a junior high English class.....trying to make sense of his posts is nauseating.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 23, 2018, 04:13:31 pm

Why do you mention Gus? I never thought he was coming at all....and nowhere did I mention him that I know of. Still, he is at least a coach with a pedigree. I hate the man's guts, and he hates ours. I wouldve hated for him to be the coach of my beloved Hogs, but I have to admit he would likely get the job done.

If there is one thing I can take solace in knowing that Chad Morris is our coach, it's that at least he isnt that sleaze-ball Malzahn. We may or may not win much, but we have that going for us.

Al Boarland

Quote from: oldhawg on February 23, 2018, 01:36:36 pm
I fully agree with this.  Too many examples of success stories to the contrary, like Lou Holtz, Ken Hatfield, Barry Alvarez, Frank Beamer and others.

You have a list handy of all those who failed? I bet it would be longer. A lot longer.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 23, 2018, 10:45:45 pm

Negative again...

You can't go through life being wrong AND pissing people off just in order to make your self right in your mind. It doesn't work that way. That would be laughable if I didn't think you actually believed that other people's anger or wrath make you right. I really think you read too much of your own feelings into other's posts. This really is a conundrum. I'm just gonna let you go on in your error and wish you luck.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Al Boarland on February 24, 2018, 04:56:38 am
You have a list handy of all those who failed? I bet it would be longer. A lot longer.
You guy's really don't care at all about Arkansas do ya? You really are just backed into a corner of being right or wrong, and you've made your bet on black and you're not looking back. There's no discussion that can sway you. So I guess you win, good luck with your self...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

C- at best...

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on February 24, 2018, 01:45:29 am
Well I could correct the darn out of your posts too, but that wasn't the point of mine. You can at least write a legible paragraph with a legitimate thought. On the other hand, the dolt I was replying to probably couldn't pass a junior high English class.....trying to make sense of his posts is nauseating.

OK; I'll give you a B-... I'm a sucker for flattery. ;)

Al Boarland

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 24, 2018, 06:56:29 am
You guy's really don't care at all about Arkansas do ya? You really are just backed into a corner of being right or wrong, and you've made your bet on black and you're not looking back. There's no discussion that can sway you. So I guess you win, good luck with your self...

I'm swayed by results.

Paul

I didn't like the Morris hire because I thought(& still do) that Norvell will be a more successful coach. I have been impressed with Morris's recruiting zeal & the talent he's brought in this weekend. As I've said before:  he's our coach now & I hope he's so successful he retires here  But the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

The NewEra

Quote from: Al Boarland on February 24, 2018, 08:45:53 am
I'm swayed by results.

The real question is, when you see the results will you be willing to acknowledge them when they are positive?

Right now you have to look at small increments of work on a daily and weekly basis to see where the program is heading.  If you look at the group that is on the hill today for "Elite Prospect Day" you will see that we never have had such a star studded group of young men visiting on the hill at one time. 

Are you willing to acknowledge that the talent visiting us on the hill today is better than we've seen in years, probably ever?  That results is the culmination of this staff's incredibly hard work and precision plan around recruiting.

wildhogman

Umm last I checked SABIN is HC of bama. Not your lover kiffikens. He got at ring for standing on the side line pissing Sabin off. which is most likely why he isn't on that Championship team anymore.  However, since he is in florida you might tell the gators and FSU they both hired the wrong coach lol,, good luck with that.
As I said before. Your very very boring. Like a jilted ex.  As for my spelling. When I decide to go get one of those Master degrees I'll worry over spelling in English class.  Untill then, either deal with it, or just don't read my posts.  I could careless which you choose.  Lemon

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Al Boarland on February 24, 2018, 08:45:53 am
I'm swayed by results.
Whatever dude... You'll just be quiet or find something else to bitch about. You still wont celebrate with the rest of us.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Paul on February 24, 2018, 09:16:29 am
I didn't like the Morris hire because I thought(& still do) that Norvell will be a more successful coach. I have been impressed with Morris's recruiting zeal & the talent he's brought in this weekend. As I've said before:  he's our coach now & I hope he's so successful he retires here  But the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

NO... The proof in the pudding is in the crappening. It can taste real good, go down well and still make you sick. Cliches are so cliche...

Al Boarland

Quote from: The NewEra on February 24, 2018, 09:31:34 am
The real question is, when you see the results will you be willing to acknowledge them when they are positive?

Right now you have to look at small increments of work on a daily and weekly basis to see where the program is heading.  If you look at the group that is on the hill today for "Elite Prospect Day" you will see that we never have had such a star studded group of young men visiting on the hill at one time. 

Are you willing to acknowledge that the talent visiting us on the hill today is better than we've seen in years, probably ever?  That results is the culmination of this staff's incredibly hard work and precision plan around recruiting.

If it RESULTS in a highly ranked class the hard work will pay off and I will be impressed.

The NewEra

Quote from: Al Boarland on February 24, 2018, 09:47:35 am
If it RESULTS in a highly ranked class the hard work will pay off and I will be impressed.

The RESULT IS, they have the most highly ranked, highly skilled players visiting this weekend than has ever been to campus at one time at Arkansas. 

Are you willing to give them credit for THAT RESULTS?

Al Boarland

Quote from: The NewEra on February 24, 2018, 09:56:18 am
The RESULT IS, they have the most highly ranked, highly skilled players visiting this weekend than has ever been to campus at one time at Arkansas. 

Are you willing to give them credit for THAT RESULTS?

Is this the list?

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-recruiting-morris-razorbacks

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Paul on February 24, 2018, 09:16:29 am
I was right there with you, but now? I just have to admit that I have bought what CCM is selling. I really have faith for the first time since CBP that we are on the right track to do the damn thing...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Al Boarland on February 24, 2018, 09:59:13 am
Is this the list?

Oh Great..! Now he's gonna say this isn't the most over-all best group of visitors in Arkansas History, and he'll pull up some visit where we had 1 5*', 2 4*'s and 4 3*'s, or something or other, and argue again.

Dude can not put down the current staff's efforts enough, He can NOT do it...

Al Boarland

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 24, 2018, 10:04:02 am
Oh Great..! Now he's gonna say this isn't the most over-all best group of visitors in Arkansas History, and he'll pull up some visit where we had 1 5*', 2 4*'s and 4 3*'s, or something or other, and argue again.

Dude can not put down the current staff's efforts enough, He can NOT do it...

It's a decent group. Hope he can land those 4 stars.

The NewEra

Quote from: Al Boarland on February 24, 2018, 09:59:13 am
Is this the list?

NO.......That is not the complete list.  Get to know what's going on in the program.  For example, there are 14 - 4* recruits visiting this weekend.  We have more highly ranked recruits visiting from Tennessee (Including the #1) than have been on campus ever.  Highly ranked recruits from Missouri, Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and beyond.

Do some research.  Get to know what's actually happening with the program before you are so quick to criticize with zero to no information.

4 - Rivals100 targets
10 - Rivals250 targets
14 - Four-stars
29 - Already have an Arkansas offer
39 - Have Power-5 offers

Al Boarland

Quote from: The NewEra on February 24, 2018, 10:13:09 am
NO.......That is not the complete list.  Get to know what's going on in the program.  For example, there are 14 - 4* recruits visiting this weekend.  We have more highly ranked recruits visiting from Tennessee (Including the #1) than have been on campus ever.  Highly ranked recruits from Missouri, Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and beyond.

Do some research.  Get to know what's actually happening with the program before you are so quick to criticize with zero to no information.

I appreciate your advice, but my track record of accuracy as it relates to the program speaks for itself. I'm not going to bounce around to 15 sites to get a list. If I provided a link I have some information. Maybe you couldn't see that from your high horse.

The NewEra

Quote from: Al Boarland on February 24, 2018, 10:16:11 am
I appreciate your advice, but my track record of accuracy as it relates to the program speaks for itself. I'm not going to bounce around to 15 sites to get a list. If I provided a link I have some information. Maybe you couldn't see that from your high horse.

In other words, you are quite comfortable bashing a coaching staff with limited knowledge of what they are doing and you are unwilling to take the time to learn what's happening.

I would rather be informed and on my high horse that sitting on that donkey you seem to be willing to straddle.

Just for you, here is some pertinent information.

4 - Rivals100 targets
10 - Rivals250 targets
14 - Four-stars
39 - Have Power-5 offers

Al Boarland

Quote from: The NewEra on February 24, 2018, 10:19:22 am
In other words, you are quite comfortable bashing a coaching staff with limited knowledge of what they are doing and you are unwilling to take the time to learn what's happening.

I would rather be informed and on my high horse that sitting on that donkey you seem to be willing to straddle.

Just for you, here is some pertinent information.

4 - Rivals100 targets
10 - Rivals250 targets
14 - Four-stars
39 - Have Power-5 offers

Thanks for sharing. Pretty good list. Hopefully the staff can land them.

The NewEra

On behalf of the staff, Thank You! for the acknowledgement.