Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A few things to note about the overall class ranking

Started by colbs, February 10, 2018, 11:15:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

311Hog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 15, 2018, 09:24:43 am
One of the more delusional fans here. I have to laugh about the Venables comment and this comment: "I think our D will be much improved, and hell it really didn't need to improve a great deal to result in wins."

The D has no where to go but up after last two seasons being among worst in the country and worst in the 100+ year history of college football. To result in wins, the defense will need at least a couple of years of recruiting to fix itself. Next year not going to be a lot different from this past year.

How am i delusional when your post proved my point.  Our D has been awful, the change to 3 - 4 failed.  But there are good secondary and DL players on this team sure not much depth and it will take some time to recruit to an "above avg." level.  I just do not expect to be "led" by the defense like a Bama or LSU has been and might be.

Our Defense just has to be better than the worst to result in wins.  If our defense holds teams to 28 points a game i bet we win more than half our games next year, because i feel like our offense is going to be prolific in time to where we wont need to have an ultra elite defense.  Steve Caldwell did a real good job last time he was here, if he does again do you not think we will vastly improve?

liljo

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 15, 2018, 09:24:43 am
One of the more delusional fans here. I have to laugh about the Venables comment and this comment: "I think our D will be much improved, and hell it really didn't need to improve a great deal to result in wins."

The D has no where to go but up after last two seasons being among worst in the country and worst in the 100+ year history of college football. To result in wins, the defense will need at least a couple of years of recruiting to fix itself. Next year not going to be a lot different from this past year.

Oh, we'll see about that.

As for the post you speak of, I was nodding my head in agreement with much of it, so count me among the delusional fans. While you're at it, put my name on the list of Rabid Razorbacks Fans. I'm also a crazed St. Louis Cardinals fan (more of a Saint Lou-Natick).

I do think we made serious overtures to one Brent Venables, and I think Clemson realized the jewel they have and, as the poster said, "ponied up" to keep him. Don't blame them. In the end, we got The Chief, and I am VERY glad. I believe, like the poster you site, that his experience really helps to give us a well-rounded coaching staff.

I COMPLETELY agree with you concerning the need for defensive improvement. The past two years have without question been the worst Razorbacks defenses in my lifetime, and I'm gettin' on up there! I agree it will take a few recruiting cycles to get it to true SEC standards. But the notion that there won't be bigtime improvement THIS SEASON--that's where I have to respectfully disagree.

This defense is going to make big strides. By the start of conference play.

Watch. GO HOGS!
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: liljo on February 15, 2018, 08:44:05 am
:D
OTOTL, man, that's a GREAT line! LOL!
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2018, 01:44:53 pm
I know right..? You were only semi violently calling for couch burnings for about 72 hours and then cooled off. These a-holes have more of a slow burn. I'd use you to burn down a house, but I'd choose these other guys to SMOKE MY MEAT... ;)
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: liljo on February 15, 2018, 09:41:35 am

Oh, we'll see about that.

As for the post you speak of, I was nodding my head in agreement with much of it, so count me among the delusional fans. While you're at it, put my name on the list of Rabid Razorbacks Fans. I'm also a crazed St. Louis Cardinals fan (more of a Saint Lou-Natick).

I do think we made serious overtures to one Brent Venables, and I think Clemson realized the jewel they have and, as the poster said, "ponied up" to keep him. Don't blame them. In the end, we got The Chief, and I am VERY glad. I believe, like the poster you site, that his experience really helps to give us a well-rounded coaching staff.

I COMPLETELY agree with you concerning the need for defensive improvement. The past two years have without question been the worst Razorbacks defenses in my lifetime, and I'm gettin' on up there! I agree it will take a few recruiting cycles to get it to true SEC standards. But the notion that there won't be bigtime improvement THIS SEASON--that's where I have to respectfully disagree.

This defense is going to make big strides. By the start of conference play.

Watch. GO HOGS!
What is it about me that gets so many replies from commenters with very few comments? They fall out of the woodwork for me.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

searkhogfan

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on February 11, 2018, 03:56:19 pm
I don't see Bama sliding at all; the stock pile of 4's and 5's is still there.  Now, do they have some competition?  Yes!  Ga will be knocking heads with Bama for the next few years.

Saban won't retire until he wins another national championship and maybe not then.  He wants to put some distance between himself and The Bear in that respect.

It's not like The Bear is going to catch him...

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 15, 2018, 10:40:58 pm
What is it about me that gets so many replies from commenters with very few comments? They fall out of the woodwork for me.
Medical alert: Excessive patting of one's self on the back can lead to severe cramps and/or arthritis. You've been warned.