Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mulerider Football inks 33 on National Signing Day

Started by Seminole Indian, February 08, 2018, 08:14:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

MAGNOLIA, Ark. – The Southern Arkansas University football program has announced the signing of 33 players for the upcoming 2018 season as the newest Muleriders signed National Letters of Intent (NLIs) on Wednesday as part of National Signing Day for college football.

"I'm very excited about the 2018 Mulerider Football Recruiting class," said head football coach Bill Keopple. "We feel like we've signed quality young men at every position. We made an educated decision to address and fill all of our immediate needs to maintain the stability of our football program."

"We were looking to improve upon what we already have on campus at every position; even though we have a very talented team returning," added Keopple. "My staff did an outstanding job evaluating prospects within the Ark-La-Tex and worked tirelessly to persuade them to sign with us. It's important to me that we recruit young me from our Region that have a desire to come work on getting a college degree and be the best student athlete they can be. Thirty-three young men signed with us today and we can't wait to get them all on campus.

Entering his 10th year on the sidelines for the Muleriders next fall, Keopple's 2018 signing class features 19 offensive players, 13 defensive players and one special teams player. Of the 19 offensive players signed, 11 are offensive linemen as that position was an area of emphasis to increase depth. In terms of skill positions, Keopple and his staff signed three wide receivers, three running backs, one tight end and one quarterback.

Defensively, the Muleriders will welcome in 13 new players with six playing along the offensive line. In the secondary, SAU added three safeties and two cornerbacks. In terms of linebackers, Keopple secured two at that position.

The Muleriders also added one special teams player that will be called upon to kick and punt.

Geographically, the 2018 signing class was comprised of talent from the Ark-La-Tex region highlighted by eight Arkansans. The class also netted 15 players from Texas, nine from Louisiana and one from Oklahoma.

The following is a list of the 2018 Southern Arkansas Football signing class. Be sure to check out each signees' HUDL highlight links by clicking on their graphics below to catch a glimpse of the future at Wilkins Stadium at Rip Powell Field.

For player Bios visit the official site:
http://www.muleriderathletics.com/news/2018/2/7/mulerider-football-inks-33-on-national-signing-day_.aspx
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.