Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Country Lists Possible Bielema Replacements

Started by moses_007, November 20, 2017, 04:29:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: hoglady on November 20, 2017, 04:35:18 pm
I just don't understand why there's been little talk of Brent Venables.
He was at Oklahoma for what 12 years - so he's got recruiting connections in Oklahoma and Texas.

Just figured he would be in discussion.
My guess would be that if Venables wanted to be a head coach it would have already happened.  He watched Mark Stoops crash and burn.  He's watched Mark Stoops struggle at Kentucky.  Maybe he's happy doing what he's doing.

farmhawg

Quote from: hoglady on November 20, 2017, 04:35:18 pm
I just don't understand why there's been little talk of Brent Venables.
He was at Oklahoma for what 12 years - so he's got recruiting connections in Oklahoma and Texas.

Just figured he would be in discussion.
I don't want a long time assistant that has no ambition of being the head coach. If he did he would be one.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

oldhog63

Quote from: rljjr on November 20, 2017, 06:10:18 pm
I understand the hesitancy, but why not give him a shot?
A: There are zero guarantees in coaching hires.
B: We've tried -- and failed -- at the "big name" coach hire.
C: He's young, hungry and has a fire about him.

There is literally nothing to lose. We can NOT be worse than the last 6 year stretch. I say give him the keys and get out of his way. The only way he fails is if the GOBN gets in his way.
I agree...and he wants to be here, so if he is successful could be a nice long run.

hawg1221

Here's what I think is going to happen. They are going after Gus has hard as they can and if that fails, they believe they can get Norvell. I don't think they have a game plan after that.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: moses_007 on November 20, 2017, 04:38:05 pm
Definitely Gus.  But, if for some unknown reason Gus falls through, it is Norvell.

What if the reason is known? Still Norvell?
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.