Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs win Hogs Win Again 3 and 0. i love it

Started by forrest city joe, November 17, 2017, 09:31:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Beat a good Fresno team tonight.and the game was not as close as the final score.even with Macon and Barford  not having a great night,this team still controlled this game.Gafford is unreal.this young man can be special.just enjoy all this winning Hog fans. Hogs are for real.

phadedhawg

1highhog

I was glad to see Gafford step up in a big way as well as Beard have a solid night, we need other scorers to step up when better teams are able to shutdown Macon and Burford or if they're not having great shooting nights like tonight.

ThisTeetsTaken

Very versatile team.  We can beat you in different ways.  Very athletic. Daniel Gafford is a talent!  Going to be VERY good come tourney time!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

forrest city joe

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 17, 2017, 09:32:38 pm
tonight was Gafford's coming out party.
Yes it was.and the most shocking thing i have seen about his game is the soft touch he has .the last 2 games he has hit 12 if his last 15 FT's.and he has a very nice touch on his jump hook.i am shocked by his offense so far.

SPAL

The final score was pretty indicative of the way it went. I don't remember if we ever got up by more than 17. It was 11-15 most of the night and we won by 8. The spread was 13, so it wasn't expected to be a blow out.

We won tonight how we will have to win sec road games. Tough D and free throws. Fresno is a solid bunch.

Letsroll1200

I'm excited about the play of Gafford. However, Bailey and Thompson combined for 8 points 6 rebounds. Still need consistent play from Thompson.

The Hogs found a way to get the W. I thought the hogs where a step slow and the half court offense was at times non-existent.

010HogFan

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 17, 2017, 09:55:57 pm
I'm excited about the play of Gafford. However, Bailey and Thompson combined for 8 points 6 rebounds. Still need consistent play from Thompson.

The Hogs found a way to get the W. I thought the hogs where a step slow and the half court offense was at times non-existent.

if you're looking at points in the box score when judging the play of those two then you're looking at the wrong stat. They aren't scorers, they contribute in other ways

forrest city joe

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 17, 2017, 09:55:57 pm

The refs had a lot to do with that.Trey and Bailey will be fine.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 17, 2017, 09:31:43 pm
Beat a good Fresno team tonight.and the game was not as close as the final score.even with Macon and Barford  not having a great night,this team still controlled this game.Gafford is unreal.this young man can be special.just enjoy all this winning Hog fans. Hogs are for real.
You're my boy Joe!

phadedhawg

Quote from: 010HogFan on November 17, 2017, 09:57:08 pm
if you're looking at points in the box score when judging the play of those two then you're looking at the wrong stat. They aren't scorers, they contribute in other ways

^^^this^^^

Those boys do other things on the court and it's working

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 17, 2017, 09:59:12 pm

The refs destroyed the flow of this game. It was tough to watch at times.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hawgball40

i took something different away from the game. We are too think in the post. We need thomas and cook to come back and contribute immediately. CJ jones is continuing to do some positive things on offense. that was great to see. Just needs to continue to get better. It was encouraging to see hall and osabouhien each take a 3, even though they missed. Their shots aren't ugly or broken mechanically, so its likely they will continue to develop their shots and start contributing, if not this year then next year. We need macon and barford to fire on all cylinders every night. And we need to control the boards as a point of emphasis. IMO, beard stepped up in a major way tonight. He's a guy that really frustrates you because he passes up shots and isn't agressive, but by letting the game come to him he is able to have big moments in the course of the game. Maybe that's his niche and i will just keep griping. Onward Hogs, beat OU! #DialedIn

ChicoHog

You always say that!  Good players adjust to how the game is called.  My biggest complaint about Anderson's defense besides giving up easy 3's and offensive rebounds is our players don't know how to play without reaching and grabbing.  Last year I thought they did much better later in the season so maybe they will adjust again.  It's really not that difficult to play defense by moving your feet and staying in front of your man. 

Gafford looked great.  I only saw the second half but he was very impressive.  Looking forward to next weekend's games.  Thought about going (8 hour drive and my daughter lives in Portland) but they are so spread out playing Thursday, Friday and Sunday.  And I have to work on Monday.  Watching on TV will be fine. 

The_Bionic_Pig

CJ is due one (Alex Dillard) offensive explosion...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

010HogFan

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 17, 2017, 10:04:29 pm
i took something different away from the game. We are too think in the post. We need thomas and cook to come back and contribute immediately. CJ jones is continuing to do some positive things on offense. that was great to see. Just needs to continue to get better. It was encouraging to see hall and osabouhien each take a 3, even though they missed. Their shots aren't ugly or broken mechanically, so its likely they will continue to develop their shots and start contributing, if not this year then next year. We need macon and barford to fire on all cylinders every night. And we need to control the boards as a point of emphasis. IMO, beard stepped up in a major way tonight. He's a guy that really frustrates you because he passes up shots and isn't agressive, but by letting the game come to him he is able to have big moments in the course of the game. Maybe that's his niche and i will just keep griping. Onward Hogs, beat OU! #DialedIn

Good post. Agreed on all points. Hoping good Thomas shows up this year and not bad Thomas.

010HogFan

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 17, 2017, 10:08:00 pm
our players don't know how to play without reaching and grabbing.

I honestly thought we did a great job of not reaching and grabbing tonight. The refs were calling fouls that simply didn't happen. Hard to reach and grab when both your arms are vertical and you still get whistled for fouls...

WBOBO

I'm smiling.  This team is good.  Are they great?  I hope they whip OK
and beat UNC up until the 3 minute mark.  Then lose by 1 on purpose.
This is not our tourney we want to win.  This team needs to stay hungry.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

forrest city joe

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 17, 2017, 10:08:11 pm
He has a lot of talent. his time is coming.need a good game from him against OU.

010HogFan

Quote from: WBOBO on November 17, 2017, 10:10:47 pm
I hope they whip OK

I will throw something.

greenEGnHAWGS

Wait...what...?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

JonClaudeVanHam

I hope we kick the everloving s&^* out of UNC, giving them a beating so bad that they discontinue the program.
Quote from: rhames on Today at 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

razorback1829

Nah. We owe them suckers.. bigtime. We deserve to be in the basketball limelight again. Lord knows Hog Nation needs something to be excited about again. And basketball has always been our sport.

WBOBO

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 17, 2017, 10:28:07 pm
Wait...what...?
I know that came across the wrong way but
this team needs to stay hungry.  Don't beat UNc
and think you are there.   Keep the hunger.  Oh yeah
they UNc by 20 if they want.  Beat them by one
but this season has just begun.  I'll be ok with that.  Just
stay hungry.   And the  slobberin Hog needs to come back!

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 17, 2017, 10:08:00 pm
You always say that!  Good players adjust to how the game is called.  My biggest complaint about Anderson's defense besides giving up easy 3's and offensive rebounds is our players don't know how to play without reaching and grabbing.  Last year I thought they did much better later in the season so maybe they will adjust again.  It's really not that difficult to play defense by moving your feet and staying in front of your man. 

Gafford looked great.  I only saw the second half but he was very impressive.  Looking forward to next weekend's games.  Thought about going (8 hour drive and my daughter lives in Portland) but they are so spread out playing Thursday, Friday and Sunday.  And I have to work on Monday.  Watching on TV will be fine. 
Try moving your feet in front of a legit D1 guard without touching him.   If the refs are calling it tight you are going to pick up fouls even if you are playing great defense.

razorback1829

Quote from: WBOBO on November 17, 2017, 10:33:44 pm
I know that came across the wrong way but
this team needs to stay hungry.  Don't beat UNc
and think you are there.   Keep the hunger.  Oh yeah
they UNc by 20 if they want.  Beat them by one
but this season has just begun.  I'll be ok with that.  Just
stay hungry.   And the  slobberin Hog needs to come back!

Not the way it works. Beat UNC, win the tournament, then you'll eventually lose one you shouldn't. Happens to every team every year.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on November 17, 2017, 10:30:53 pm
I hope we kick the everloving s&^* out of UNC, giving them a beating so bad that they discontinue the program.

This

WBOBO

Just keep that hunger they played with tonight and that crowd
will grow and it will grow quickly.  It grew tonight.  There calling
it a ... Revolution.  Bring the Bud back!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: 010HogFan on November 17, 2017, 09:57:08 pm
I watched the game. I thought there where times Bailey and Thompson got out worked. Bailey cant get out worked because he's a effort guy. He had his moments doing the game but Trey didnt come to play.

We always can win in effort even when we don't have the skill. I'm ready for Thomas to return for depth. Bailey and Thompson should have more than 6 rebounds. It happens sometimes but this can't be a winning trend.

010HogFan

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 17, 2017, 10:52:01 pm
I watched the game. I thought there where times Bailey and Thompson got out worked. Bailey cant get out worked because he's a effort guy. He had his moments doing the game but Trey didnt come to play.

We always can win in effort even when we don't have the skill. I'm ready for Thomas to return for depth. Bailey and Thompson should have more than 6 rebounds. It happens sometimes but this can't be a winning trend.

Good news is, that was nowhere close to our A game and we still won rather easily against a decent team. We barely got anything out of Macon, but other guys stepped up. That is one mark of a good team.

Letsroll1200

The refs took over the game. I thought both teams never got in a rhythm.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: 010HogFan on November 17, 2017, 10:54:40 pm
Good news is, that was nowhere close to our A game and we still won rather easily against a decent team. We barely got anything out of Macon, but other guys stepped up. That is one mark of a good team.

I agree! It's a good sign moving forward. The competition is about to get challenging.

WBOBO

I agree wholeheartedly.  Fresno St is better than most think.
I'm just happy we won. W's are nice.

WBOBO

I would advise to invest in DG stock though.  He's special.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Best thing about tonight was Gafford!!

Didn't play all that well overall but i never truly felt threatened. Good win.

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Youngsta71701

Then lose by 1 on purpose.
Dude, a real competitor never wants to lose no matter what they're playing or what tournament they are playing in. I wouldn't let my grandmother beat me on purpose. If she beat me she would have to earn it.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on November 17, 2017, 10:35:15 pm
Try moving your feet in front of a legit D1 guard without touching him.   If the refs are calling it tight you are going to pick up fouls even if you are playing great defense.
Yep, I see it all the time. The game is so soft these days it makes me sick. Even if you're in good position and cut off the ball carrier you will still get whistled for a foul at times. The advantage is clearly with the offense these days. In every sport it seems.

parallaxpig

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 17, 2017, 10:03:45 pm
The refs destroyed the flow of this game. It was tough to watch at times.

NCAA thinking about adding a fourth official. Think about what flow of game will be like then............
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

parallaxpig

Fresno St was very athletic but you could tell they hadn't faced defense like ours yet. Just think of how our team improves  if the three on the end of bench start playing.......
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Razorod

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 17, 2017, 09:47:42 pm
Very versatile team.  We can beat you in different ways.  Very athletic. Daniel Gafford is a talent!  Going to be VERY good come tourney time!
Yes and I'm not predicting anything or saying he should go or stay, but CMA needs to be preparing for that possibility now. We'll need to be ready with a possible post-grad transfer or something along those lines.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 17, 2017, 09:52:39 pm
The final score was pretty indicative of the way it went. I don't remember if we ever got up by more than 17. It was 11-15 most of the night and we won by 8. The spread was 13, so it wasn't expected to be a blow out.

We won tonight how we will have to win sec road games. Tough D and free throws. Fresno is a solid bunch.
We got up by 19 at one point. Not sure if the intensity dropped after that or what.

HogFan1973

Looking forward to the possibility of playing UNC again early to get a feel for how we stack up

ChicoHog

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on November 17, 2017, 10:35:15 pm
True, but our team usually has more fouls than the opponent.  We don't adjust well.  Again, I thought last year we did a much better job. I think we will do it again.  Lot of new players.  No reason to grab and reach especially on the perimeter.  I have no problem with some bumping in the paint.  I just hate when the defender does stupid reaching fouls 35 feet from the basket right in front of the official.  the offensive player is no threat 35 feet away.  Give him some room so he does not beat you.   

AWHAWG

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 17, 2017, 10:08:11 pm
THIS ^^^^^^
CJ is very smooth George Gervinish smooth. Quick a great slasher. 

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 17, 2017, 09:31:43 pm
I think you're one of the few fans happier than me to see, what appears to be, the beginning of the resurgence of Arkansas basketball under CMA. I've had my doubts on whether he could do it, but I really want it to be him. WOO PIG!
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

BoogaHog

Man this team reminds me of some of Nolan's early nineties teams.  They are already fit and well conditioned, they do not stop.
...well coached with attention to detail.  Coach Mike's got that never stop improving chatter (on their Butts).  Hey football staff, you might want to take a look!

ChicoHog

Quote from: AWHAWG on November 18, 2017, 12:25:56 pm
THIS ^^^^^^
CJ is very smooth George Gervinish smooth. Quick a great slasher. 
Big Gervin fan back in the day.  Great player.