Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 07:10:12 pm

Is gus already our coach

Started by immahog, November 16, 2017, 06:22:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

The Hawg Marshal

Yes he is but don't tell anyone. It's a secret.

RebelliousHog

Gus has a chance to beat Bama and then beat Ga in the SECCG. Even with 2 losses that would put Aubie in the playoff picture.

Why in HELL would he leave that chance?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

BartIV

Quote from: HenduHog on November 16, 2017, 06:38:30 pm
Gus has a chance to beat Bama and then beat Ga in the SECCG. Even with 2 losses that would put Aubie in the playoff picture.

No place like home

phadedhawg

Catfish Hole?

Pork Ranger

Because he's tired of them telling him if he doesn't win such and such game that he's gonna be fired. He's done with dealing with that

BartIV

I will help him move and I normally won't do that

grayhawg

Who knows but............
http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/sports-illustrated-bruce-feldman-says-arkansas-could-make-serious-push-for-gus-malzahn-next-head-coach/T76CQsY9JzIP66YBb5g5ZP/

PORKULATOR

I find Gus to be dirty and quite the pharisee.... HOWEVER, THIS IS college football and winning cures shat.
Win can he start.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Grag T

Quote from: BartIV on November 16, 2017, 06:46:51 pm
I will help him move and I normally won't do that

You always find out who your friends really are when you have to move!
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Hogs-n-Roses

Hawginj

grayhawg

ipigsooie

6.5 million a year? Whoaaaaaahhhh!

Hawg Life

Quote from: grayhawg on November 16, 2017, 07:06:20 pm
Kristi don't say so.

https://youtu.be/pjR3qWRTEms

Not sure how you can take her seriously. I love her reaction regarding Cam Newton.

Anything could be but I surely doubt it.

Hoggish1

Well, coaches in that situation don't leave that chance.  Why do you think they do?

Hawginj

If he was wouldn't that be against the ethics code in the Ncaa rule book?

PrimHawg

In this article, they claim Jeff Long was standing in the way of getting gus. What would be the reason for this? GOBN from the north?
https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/espn-booger-mcfarland-says-gus-malzahn-has-desire-to-be-in-arkansas

Al Boarland

You will get a bunch of responses. None will carry enough weight to be believable. I can't wait to hear from the Gus to the UofA people after this doesn't happen. Sexton is working his magic on Auburn.

Been10Hog

Quote from: Al Boarland on November 17, 2017, 08:33:16 am
You will get a bunch of responses. None will carry enough weight to be believable. I can't wait to hear from the Gus to the UofA people after this doesn't happen. Sexton is working his magic on Auburn.
Why should winning a NC or beating Bama have anything to do with whether he comes home or not? He's gonna get paid! He's always gonna have boosters threatening to fire him if he loses to Bama! If he get's embarrassed by Bama he may get fired without cause and have huge buyout to help with moving expenses. If he wins out he can come home and try to be on par with Saban and Meyer to win NC at 2 schools. It's about where he wants to be and where he thinks his family will be happiest! If Auburn would pay him 5 mil/yr and we only offer 4.8 mil/yr is that really gonna matter? I think it will come down to lifestyle and security. If he doesn't trust Auburn and/or he wants to finish his career and retire in Arkansas he's coming! Iron bowl isn't determining anything unless he loses and gets fired and gets his "moving expenses" paid for

HawgPound

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 16, 2017, 06:41:57 pm
Because he's tired of them telling him if he doesn't win such and such game that he's gonna be fired. He's done with dealing with that
Yes. Because our fans and powers that be are so much better. It's not like Gus has not tangled with them before. This could all be a big troll/ payback by Gus. Get Arkansas to fire their AD and then laugh as the program crumbles even further into obscurity.

RedBird5

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 16, 2017, 06:41:57 pm

That would never happen here 😉

Al Boarland

Quote from: Been10Hog on November 17, 2017, 08:40:13 am
Why should winning a NC or beating Bama have anything to do with whether he comes home or not? He's gonna get paid! He's always gonna have boosters threatening to fire him if he loses to Bama! If he get's embarrassed by Bama he may get fired without cause and have huge buyout to help with moving expenses. If he wins out he can come home and try to be on par with Saban and Meyer to win NC at 2 schools. It's about where he wants to be and where he thinks his family will be happiest! If Auburn would pay him 5 mil/yr and we only offer 4.8 mil/yr is that really gonna matter? I think it will come down to lifestyle and security. If he doesn't trust Auburn and/or he wants to finish his career and retire in Arkansas he's coming! Iron bowl isn't determining anything unless he loses and gets fired and gets his "moving expenses" paid for

I just lean on logic. Logically, a person wouldn't go from a place where you can win championships to one that has never won their conference.  Impartial people will tell him it's career suicide. No one knows how Kristi feels about Auburn.

Do I believe Gus is willing to listen? Sure. That's logical. Did he want a plan B before beating UGA? Possibly. That's logical. Would he leave a program if he beats the #1 team twice in three weeks? That's not logical. What does he tell his players? "Hey guys, I know I told you to come here and compete for championships, but the pressure is too much for me". No, that's not logical.

What's logical is a agent is trying to get leverage over a university with a lame duck AD. What's logical is some power players in Arkansas see a leadership vacuum and are trying to influence a university.

Al Boarland

Quote from: HawgPound on November 17, 2017, 08:43:52 am
Yes. Because our fans and powers that be are so much better. It's not like Gus has not tangled with them before. This could all be a big troll/ payback by Gus. Get Arkansas to fire their AD and then laugh as the program crumbles even further into obscurity.

What some are missing is if this little experiment tanks. What does Gus do then?  Home want feel very welcoming anymore.

BassinHawg

"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Been10Hog

I agree 100% if "logic" is brought into it! If it's a personal desire, logic can't be the deciding factor. Some people love this state, their family and would take a paycut to live here and be close to that family. I did. Logic wouldn't explain why many on this board if given the opportunity to be the head coach at Notre Dame or USC for $7 mil/yr would choose if given the opportunity to be head coach at Arkansas for less. Not all but I bet many on here would feel that way! Logic can't explain that

shown006

Don't get on the Gus bus....make a new plan Stan...don't need to be coy Roy...to set "yoself "free!  With Mike Norvell!
WPS!

GWFan

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 16, 2017, 07:12:24 pm

https://youtu.be/pjR3qWRTEms

Not sure how you can take her seriously. I love her reaction regarding Cam Newton.
You guys slamming Gus' wife and regurgitating a ten year old video are beneath both Gus and Kristi and also beneath 99% of the rest of us Razorback fans, including those who are not huge Gus fans.

Does it make you feel intelligent?  Trust me, it's a big fail.

The Kig

Quote from: Al Boarland on November 17, 2017, 08:52:31 am
What some are missing is if this little experiment tanks. What does Gus do then?  Home want feel very welcoming anymore.

This is true... let's just say for arguments sake that he fully intended to come here 2 weeks ago.   Then he beats Gawgia, Bama is banged up coming into town and he beats them, then Gawgia again...Playoffs!  Doubtful that we wait until after the playoffs hoping he takes it. 

Also for arguments sake, let's say it's all a ruse...either Sexton punking Barn for more cash or Gus just rope-a-doping Arkansas for the HDN crap.

There's enough smoke around this situation that he's gonna get backlash from the big money at Barn regardless of which is true.  The same big money that had him in 3 ultimatum games already this year. 

He may be backing himself into a really small corner if he isn't serious about coming here.  Playing with fire on all sides is just not gonna end well.  It's his last chance to take the Arkansas job and there would ve some backlash from people every time he stepped foot in the state. Even if he wins the natty, the Barn fans may love him, but the big money doesn't like getting played...especially by someone they already wanted gone. 
Poker Porker

Been10Hog

The answer to the OP question is maybe. There may already be a contract signed, agreement made, athletic director ok'd by Gus before they are named and he's named when he can be named. If we have a shot at Gus we are not going to say no because he may be in the playoffs and we're concerned about "early" signing date. There is still the late one.

Pig in the Pokey

Bear Bryant said it best. "When Mama calls, you come home."
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hawginj

Quote from: Been10Hog on November 17, 2017, 09:30:58 am
The answer to the OP question is maybe. There may already be a contract signed, agreement made, athletic director ok'd by Gus before they are named and he's named when he can be named. If we have a shot at Gus we are not going to say no because he may be in the playoffs and we're concerned about "early" signing date. There is still the late one.
if there is a contract signed while he is under contrat from another university Im pretty sure someone at the Ncaa is gonna want to talk to some folks don't you?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: GWFan on November 17, 2017, 09:13:37 am
You guys slamming Gus' wife and regurgitating a ten year old video are beneath both Gus and Kristi and also beneath 99% of the rest of us Razorback fans, including those who are not huge Gus fans.

Does it make you feel intelligent?  Trust me, it's a big fail.
i have to agree here. Most of them have wives that are fat, nasty, and crazy, yet they LOVE to talk about Kristi Malzahn lol.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BassinHawg on November 17, 2017, 08:54:13 am
Certified!
lemme see a pic of YOUR wife.... I actually like that he's still with his old girl from before he was a millionaire instead of with a gold digger....

AugustaHog

Isn't it a little ironic that CBB's arch nemesis in the coaching world (not named Urban Meyer) is possibly the one expediting his canning?  Do you think there's a little extra juice in the whole thing for Malzahn, knowing that he could roll in and take over CBB's dumpster fire and turn it around.  It would have to be a little satisfying to take a 4 win team and turn them into a 8 win team the next year.  That motivation could have some early benefit for sure.

Styflin

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 17, 2017, 10:00:04 am
lemme see a pic of YOUR wife.... I actually like that he's still with his old girl from before he was a millionaire instead of with a gold digger....

If that was a dig at Jen, you're a piece of crap. Uncalled for.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Hawgphat

Don't show your a**

And a total lack of class

Kindly give a pass

To every coach's lass

The ladies are not responsible for any perceived problems or deficiencies associated with particular coaches.  To denigrate and ostracize them is extremely small-minded and juvenile.  Be better than that.