Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'd be willing to bet the next A.D. will play...

Started by depressed_fan, November 15, 2017, 08:07:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 15, 2017, 12:56:52 pm
those bonds will be paid back by the university not the state of arkansas jethro.

does ASU not have a message board?

They are too busy celebrating Frank Broyles' death:

http://scout.com/college/arkansas-state/Board/105452/Contents/Frank-Broyles-106130623
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

J-Five

Quote from: factchecker on November 15, 2017, 02:59:37 pm
they do help themselves ...... to their student's money.

jonesboro state collected $5,027,521 via student fees in 2016.  They only made $1,666,852 in ticket sales.  :puke:

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

YIKES!!!
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

BoogaHog

Quote from: J-Five on November 15, 2017, 02:42:03 pm

It's not U of A's responsibility to "help a brother".  They need to focus on themselves.  I hate that some look at the U of A as a welfare program for in-state schools.  Maybe A-State should help themselves?  Just a thought...

A State, Jonesbur needs to drop down to the Great American Conference and play Harding U. and become self-sufficient instead of panhandling.  If Harding athletics self sustaining why shouldn't A State, Jonesbur be?  Use the tax dollars we get from A State to improve parking at THE University.  All you A State Red Curs fire away.  Biggest bunch of loser graduates in the world.

Maybe they are skeared of GAC schools.  Sure they would draw 12,000 to WMS which would be an improvement.  Harding might surprise them this year. 

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: mizzouman on November 15, 2017, 02:39:59 pm
I respectfully disagree.

For football, ASU would definitely play and why not?

With only 3 million people in Arkansas, it has been a long-standing policy of not supporting any other in-state athletic program.

One of the few U of A advantages is being a one team state.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: mizzouman on November 15, 2017, 02:27:18 pm
Keep the $$ in state. 

Sad that the UA won't. 

This argument makes no sense. So, if Arkansas were pay ASU $750,000 to come to Fayetteville, but  ASU can get $1.5 million to go to Nebraska....they should keep the money in the state?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

GolfNut57

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 15, 2017, 04:24:45 pm
This argument makes no sense. So, if Arkansas were pay ASU $750,000 to come to Fayetteville, but  ASU can get $1.5 million to go to Nebraska....they should keep the money in the state?

You can bet that IF ASU and the UofA ever do play and that it has to be played in Fayetteville for it to happen.......it is going to cost the UofA a lot more than $750K to get ASU to agree to the game. Why should ASU take half as much to play the Pigs as they can make playing their usual P5 opponents?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: mizzouman on November 15, 2017, 02:39:59 pm
I respectfully disagree.

For football, ASU would definitely play and why not? 

Didn't say they wouldn't play.  I don't think ASU's administration sees this as make or break in the way they did 20 years ago though.  Fans might clamor for it, but admins aren't.  They don't want donors to have to make either/or choices. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

GolfNut57

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 15, 2017, 04:37:20 pm
Didn't say they wouldn't play.  I don't think ASU's administration sees this as make or break in the way they did 20 years ago though.  Fans might clamor for it, but admins aren't.  They don't want donors to have to make either/or choices.

I agree for the most part with your post except for the donor part. If a donor is currently giving to both schools why would he need to choose between the two if they started playing each other? I mean, if I was such a donor and I was giving to both schools such a game wouldn't change things in my mind.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Dropkick

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 15, 2017, 04:31:27 pm
You can bet that IF ASU and the UofA ever do play and that it has to be played in Fayetteville for it to happen.......it is going to cost the UofA a lot more than $750K to get ASU to agree to the game. Why should ASU take half as much to play the Pigs as they can make playing their usual P5 opponents?
If UA decides to play them they should pay them whatever they have been paying The Coastal Carolinas & NM States. Treat it like any other G5.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Dropkick on November 15, 2017, 04:47:28 pm
If UA decides to play them they should pay them whatever they have been paying The Coastal Carolinas & NM States. Treat it like any other G5.

Nope........Coastal Carolina is a new startup program just up from the FCS ranks. So they are desperate enough for bigger name opponents that they will take that piddly amount of change. ASU on the other hand doesn't have to stoop to that low amount. Not when they are getting what they are getting these days from other P5 schools. Y'all want the game to be played ONLY if it makes sense for the UofA.........well...........ASU is ONLY going to play it if it makes sense for them too.

Dropkick

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 15, 2017, 04:58:54 pm
Nope........Coastal Carolina is a new startup program just up from the FCS ranks. So they are desperate enough for bigger name opponents that they will take that piddly amount of change. ASU on the other hand doesn't have to stoop to that low amount. Not when they are getting what they are getting these days from other P5 schools. Y'all want the game to be played ONLY if it makes sense for the UofA.........well...........ASU is ONLY going to play it if it makes sense for them too.
I don't care if it's played but you can bet if and when it is it will be on UA's terms. ASU won't decide anymore than New Mexico State would.

In reality I don't believe ASU needs the game and neither does UA.

GolfNut57

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 15, 2017, 04:31:27 pm

Thank you...You just made my point. ASU can get more $ playing A P5 school on the road than the UofA will pay them to come to F'ville.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Dropkick

Wouldn't we actually wanna play UCA since they hold the belt?