Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 07:04:46 pm

Fat coaches

Started by hollywood hog, November 12, 2017, 07:45:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hollywood hog

Been thinking about how many truly fat successful head coaches there are out there.   Can't think of a single one that is elite at the college level now that Chip is gone.  Patterson could be considered a genuine fat boy possibly.  Aside from that, I can't think of any fat coaches worth a crap.  And as Beliema has gotten fatter and fatter we keep getting worse.  How can a guy that isn't disciplined enough to stay of about 400 pounds instill discipline in his players or be taken seriously when talking discipline? 

hogfanmd

Phil Fulmer got the best of us for a long time

Im focused on results.

If we were 10-0 the whole state would be buying XXL windbreakers

hog911

Quote from: hollywood hog on November 12, 2017, 07:45:49 pm
Been thinking about how many truly fat successful head coaches there are out there.   Can't think of a single one that is elite at the college level now that Chip is gone.  Patterson could be considered a genuine fat boy possibly.  Aside from that, I can't think of any fat coaches worth a crap.  And as Beliema has gotten fatter and fatter we keep getting worse.  How can a guy that isn't disciplined enough to stay of about 400 pounds instill discipline in his players or be taken seriously when talking discipline?
Agreed! If he lost weight I truly believe he would be able to do his job better!

EastexHawg

Quote from: hogfanmd on November 12, 2017, 07:56:31 pm

Im focused on results.

I have worn 2XL my entire adult life and there is no way Bielema could squeeze into anything I own.

hollywood hog

Quote from: hogfanmd on November 12, 2017, 07:56:31 pm

Im focused on results.

Phil is long gone.  Andy Reid is only fat coach I can think of that's currently very successful and he's still not elite because he loses his nerve late in big games and plays not to lose. There are no good really fat coaches out there. 

26.2Hog

Patterson is a bit portly, but I wouldn't say he is a "genuine fat boy". 

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

JaketheSnake

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

kodiakisland

Lack of self discipline and self control. How can that possibly affect a team?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

hawg IQ

Come on. , it that fair ? How bout young coaches, old coaches, tall/ short coaches, blue eyed coaches. His appearance has nothing doing with being good or bad coaches! I happen to like winning coaches !
go hogs go !

TushCrush

[/quote] Andy Reid's
Quote from: hollywood hog on November 12, 2017, 08:06:36 pmAndy Reid is only fat coach I can think of that's currently very successful
Andy Reid's brain goes at least 90 lbs. That's why he is Andy Reid.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Not college but Andy Reid has been pretty successful.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

PorkRinds

Stupid thread.

Fat coaches huh?

imtad16

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 12, 2017, 08:24:32 pm
Not college but Andy Reid has been pretty successful.

Yep and Barry Alvarez was a pretty big guy.

jgphillips3

Kinda like women.  A little chunky ain't bad but obese just don't work. ;)

NuttinItUp

Rumor has it that Nick Saban has multiple Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies every day.

EastexHawg

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 12, 2017, 08:18:56 pm
But what size are you in before trash?

I was 6'4" when I was 13 years old. 

hog.goblin

Mangino is out as a head coach for player abuse, but 12 - 1 at Kansas was impressive and he might be the biggest coach I've ever seen

Several guys that are heavy, but you may be on to the lack of successful obese college coaches

NuttinItUp

imtad16

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 12, 2017, 08:30:06 pm
Rumor has it that Nick Saban has multiple Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies every day.

Not a rumor. He is very open about it.

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 12, 2017, 08:34:42 pm

Oh yeah I forgot about good ole Ralph Friedgen. He did pretty well for Maryland. Took them to a BCS bowl.

MDGoHawgs

Ralph Friedgen formerly of Maryland was massive! He admited he was over four bills while at College Park. They had a ton of success while he was there.

Hogsolo

I'd agree with that.  Anderson is much heavier than the average large o-line coach.   Chaney was hard to look at when he was our O Coordinator.   I just wonder how much repect the coach gets when he's really morbidly obese.

Nashville Fan

Didn't Andy Reid get fired the same year CBB was hired?
Pittman or Bust!

BigE_23

Arkansas plays exactly like Bert looks - soft, slow and undisciplined. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Dr. Leonard Ford

Arkansas has many fans that are obese.  In fact, Arkansas has one of the highest obesity rates in the nation!  You would think that applies to the Razorback fan base.  But I think we have some of the best, most loyal fans around.  Being fat doesn't make you incompetent.  But....it can kill you.  I wish BB would lose some weight.  He looks like he hates himself.  And he probably drinks too much.  He has that look about him.  And considering the fact he has a hot young wife at home and a new baby he probably stressed to the gills.  I wish him peace.  And I wish the Razorback football team a new coach. 

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Dr. Leonard Ford on November 12, 2017, 09:18:58 pm
Arkansas has many fans that are obese.  In fact, Arkansas has one of the highest obesity rates in the nation! 

Tied for #3, baby!

https://stateofobesity.org/lists/highest-rates-adult-obesity/

hog.goblin

DeltaBoy

And he swims and works out plus he puts in 16-18 hours a day.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hog.goblin

Beamer said he had a shake basically every afternoon while coaching the Hokies.  I'm guessing he chose wisely for lunch/dinner to make up for it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 12, 2017, 08:34:42 pm

The official reason for Mangino's firing was complaints from players about his treatment of them.  The REAL reason was that during a bye week he ate three offensive linemen and a slow graduate assistant.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 13, 2017, 11:36:08 am
And he swims and works out plus he puts in 16-18 hours a day.
Nick also SCARES the calories away. Would you want to be a calorie and argue with the guy ??? ;) 8)

GunnerHawg70