Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Soccer defeats #1 seed USCe in conference tournament.

Started by ricepig, October 31, 2017, 07:47:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

yes they did.  They showed a lot of heart in doing so.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

HardingHog

This was a heck of a game. Very resilient effort by our ladies! Best of luck to them the rest of the tournament, let's go win this thing!

revolution

My daughter and I watched it together.  Really stressful the last few minutes, but lots of fun, too!  It was a great moment for the Hogs and will be a great memory for this dad!

hawg1221

Vanderbilt upset Tennessee. I would assume that's a better draw for Arkansas just going by rankings.

nwahogfan1

Great job ladies.  Congrats to all on the team for your hard work. 

nwahogfan1

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: hawg1221 on November 01, 2017, 09:47:32 am
Vanderbilt upset Tennessee. I would assume that's a better draw for Arkansas just going by rankings.
Vanderbilt - they were the number 4 seed while Arkansas was the 8th seed.

JHicks3636

Arkansas tied Vandy in the regular season and lost to Tennessee 3-2 in the last regular season game.

hawg1221

So what's the chances they make the NCAA tournament?

nesjunk

Someone finally scores for the other team, but the game goes to PK.  Razorbacks win the PK 4-2 and return to the SECT title game for the second straight season.  Those NCAA chances looking better.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: hawg1221 on November 02, 2017, 12:47:26 pm
So what's the chances they make the NCAA tournament?

Our chances were pretty good after beating USC in the quarters, but I would say that, having made the SECT final, we are now nearly a lock. Something very, very unusual would have to happen to keep us out. A team like Auburn might suffer — they looked pretty safe for a bid, but they lost to Florida in the quarters and we beat them during the regular season. Hard to believe that they'd make it and we wouldn't, given that set of facts.

revolution

Congrats to the Razorbacks on another big win!
On to the SEC Finals!

JHicks3636

Freebrd

WPS.  Way to go in the big win over Vandy and advancing to the finals :)

JHicks3636

Arkansas will play Texas A&M in the finals. A&M beat Florida 2-1 in the first overtime of the game on an own goal by Florida.