Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

VB Season Opener: Hosting the Vols

Started by psycHOGlogist, September 20, 2017, 09:43:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

September 20, 2017, 09:43:56 pm Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:46:44 am by psycHOGlogist
The Hogs open with Tennessee tonight in Barnhill. Big match against another "middle of the pack" SEC team. These games really matter in terms of setting the pecking order after the top 2-3 conference teams.

The Hogs take down the Vols in an impressive sweep, 3-0. Pilar was her usual impressive self, but what REALLY stood out for me tonight was the play our our middle blocker tandem, Fr Liz Pamphile and RJr Kelly O'Brien. They were both fantastic, offensively, and TN clearly wasn't ready for them to play as big a role as they did. Pamphile had 12 kills (has to be a career high, I'd say), and the only errors she made were on sets that put her in very difficult positions. O'Brien was also very efficient and had seven kills with just one error (also on a so-so set). O'Brien hit .545 for the match, and Pamphile hit .500. They won't have those kinds of numbers every match, but it's pretty exciting that they are capable of them against a decent TN team.

Game scores were -17, -19, and -21 (though we should have won the last one -17; lost a little focus there at the end).

Up next is Florida, #3 in the nation, in Barnhill on Sunday. There is almost no chance we will win, but that's why you lace 'em up and play the games.

#WPS

psycHOGlogist

Following up - 12 kills is actually a tie for Pamphile's career high. So I was right and not right. ;-)

Turns out that O'Brien's 7 kills also ties her career high. So quite a good night for the Hog MB's.

Kevin

really enjoyed watching them play on espnu
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22