Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 02:02:13 pm

Jeff Brohm

Started by draftkings33, September 11, 2017, 03:09:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

draftkings33

Needs to be the next head coach.  Did a great job at Western Kentucky(Better than Bobby) and almost beat Louisville in week 1.  He played under Petrino and played in the NFL.  Whatever we do hire a former QB or a former DB, they make the best coaches.  Stay away from big lineman coaches. 

FWF79

I would really like to get Jeff Brohm here, but you know Long will probably pursue a loser.   maybe we can get lucky and have one fall in our lap again.   

Polecat

Quote from: draftkings33 on September 11, 2017, 03:09:01 pm
Needs to be the next head coach.  Did a great job at Western Kentucky(Better than Bobby) and almost beat Louisville in week 1.  He played under Petrino and played in the NFL.  Whatever we do hire a former QB or a former DB, they make the best coaches.  Stay away from big lineman coaches. 

Houston Dale Nutt is a former QB. How did that work out?
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

DeltaBoy

Jeff Carpet Bagger LONG is LONG on Integrity but Short on Winning.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Beaverfever

Quote from: Polecat on September 11, 2017, 03:19:27 pm
In retrospect...not all that bad.

Bubba's Bruisers

Isn't Jeff the one that had the 5* QB son about a decade ago who signed with BP and Louisville.  Jeff was either already a coach there or maybe became a coach when his son signed.  Maybe I'm dreaming it.  Maybe he was an uncle and not the dad, or maybe I'm thinking of someone else entirely. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Wildhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 11, 2017, 03:23:16 pm
Isn't Jeff the one that had the 5* QB son about a decade ago who signed with BP and Louisville.  Jeff was either already a coach there or maybe became a coach when his son signed.  Maybe I'm dreaming it.  Maybe he was an uncle and not the dad, or maybe I'm thinking of someone else entirely. 

Brother, I think.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Semohog

September 11, 2017, 03:25:07 pm #7 Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:36:45 pm by mboot
I may be wrong but he is either Brian Brohms uncle or brother.

draftkings33

Pretty good for a few years.  Do your research about best coaches being former QB's or DB's before you comment

Hawghiggs

He just took the Purdue job and is a Petrino disciple. No way he is coming.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on September 11, 2017, 03:24:02 pm
Brother, I think.

So then I'm not crazy.  I just can't remember if Jeff was already coaching there or if he got the job because of Brian.  Doesn't matter, of course.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 11, 2017, 03:31:10 pm
He just took the Purdue job and is a Petrino disciple. No way he is coming.

A Petrino clone, sans the prickishness (is that a word), is exactly what a program like ours needs.  If he's indeed a Petrino clone, or close to it.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Started thinking about him Saturday.  Would be a great hire, but not happening.  I don't think he would leave Purdue after 1 or even 2 years.  His BP ties don't have anything to do with it.  He coached with BP for 4 years that's it.  It's not like they were joined at the hip.  Great to have that offensive tutelage but he would not turn down a 5 mil/year job because of it.  He's already making 3.3/year at Purdue so knowing if he does a good job they would probably go low 4's to keep him it's going to take about 5 to get him.  Would be a great option if still at WKU but not going to happen now. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

al_pigcino

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 11, 2017, 03:19:46 pm
You are wise beyond your years

HoggieStyle

I was the darkest of darksiders, but if Nutt could have just stuck to X's and O's, he wouldn't have been half bad.

By the time he was HC at Arkansas, he had surrounded himself with sycophants that had hitched their wagons to his $h!tshow, thus exacerbating his egomaniacal asshattery.

Ham Ham Pigelow

Please explain the "carpet bagger" thing.

longpig

and was a college QB
Don't be scared, be smart.

Bebop

OP, you stole my thunder! ;D I was going to make a thread about him. He did well at WKU and if he turns Purdue around, he should be considered when we replace Bielema. He comes from a tight knit family and seems to be an upstanding guy based on what I have heard.

I just moved from Louisville and heard a story last week about him, Petrino, and the successful coach at Trinity Catholic School (forgot his name) spending a couple of days shut up in room just coming up with plays. Essentially, they live and breath football. Brohm seems like he might be the next big coach if continues success at Purdue, minus Petrino's baggage.

King Kong

I think Jeff is a solid coach. I do expect this year to be not very good for him. But if he wins 5-6 that is one heck of a job with that sorry talent

Bebop

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 11, 2017, 06:10:22 pm
During your time there, did any of the Louisville faithful explain their complete lack of Integrity displayed by bringing back and embracing such a sinner?
Surely the shame must be difficult to bear.

Or were they too busy being excited fans?

I think at first some were apprehensive about taking him back based on what he did and how he left them the first time. Now no one even thinks about it.

Winning helps and their trust in Tom Jurich in making the decision to hire Petrino calmed some of their fears. Tom knows Bobby from the first go around and made sure that Bobby was truly remorseful and not going to pull any cheap with him again. I believe he even spoke with Bobby's wife about it to see if Bobby was in the right frame of mind and not going to repeat his past mistakes.

His family loves Louisville and everything that has happened with him makes me think that he will stay put for a while.

Personally, I believe that if he is truly repentful and has ask for forgiveness from God and his wife, then I see nothing wrong with him being a coach. People have to bear the consequences of their actions, but I believe in second chances.

Hawgphish

brohm sounds good to me.  I am all for a young hungry up and comer.

Hogdomer

A lot better than the last six years.

ShadowHawg

September 11, 2017, 07:25:16 pm #22 Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 08:51:24 pm by ShadowHawg
Quote from: Beaverfever on September 11, 2017, 03:21:30 pm
In retrospect...not all that bad.

Care to differ.

Nutt may have been the worst hire ever and here is why. LSU was not big time in his early years here. Bama went through 3 coaches while he was here. Auburn was down also.

Won/loss isn't even the issue. Nutt had a chance to brand our program, and he did. Instead of establishing our football as a consistent competitor in the top of the West during the infancy of the rise of SEC dominance, he had us losing to UNLV and going 0 for October.

Nutt established our program as being mediocre to the point that what Petrino did here is looked at as an aberration by large numbers of our fans.

Nutt is a stain that may never come out of the fabric of our program.

Polecat

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 11, 2017, 07:25:16 pm
Care to differ.

Nutt may have been the worst hire ever and here is why. LSU was not big time in his early years here. Bama went through 3 coaches while he was here. Auburn was down also.

Won/loss isn't even the issue. Nutt had a chance to brand our program, and he did. Instead of establishing our football as a consistent competitor in the top of the West during the infancy of the rise of SEC dominance, he had us losing to UNLV and going 0 for October.

Nutt established our program as being mediocre to the point that what Petrino did here is looked at as an aberration by large numbers of our fans.

Nutt is a stain that may never come out of the fabric of our program.

Finally a voice of reason. Hard to believe folks have already forgotten what an embarrassing ditch HDN drove our program into
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum