Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Playing League Hoops At Fayetteville Athletic Club

Started by lstewart, September 07, 2017, 02:33:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lstewart

I was dragging through my weight workout after tennis last night at Fayetteville Athletic Club and I noticed several current and former hogs shooting hoops. Not long after they started playing a league game against another team. The hogs ran out to something like 16-2, but when I finished lifting the other team had cut it to 20-16. Guys I recognized playing were Cook, Beard, Barford, and former hog Watkins.  A few kids were taking it in!

Hogs49ers

SCREW Vandy!

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

IronMountainHog

Thanks for hogging the court (no pun intended) from us regular guys. You have HPER, Bud Walton, new practice facility, and probably any gym in NWA you want to use. Come play on one the regular guys use instead? One of the reasons I cancelled my membership at FAC.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: IronMountainHog on September 07, 2017, 10:13:33 pm
Thanks for hogging the court (no pun intended) from us regular guys. You have HPER, Bud Walton, new practice facility, and probably any gym in NWA you want to use. Come play on one the regular guys use instead? One of the reasons I cancelled my membership at FAC.
I understand that can be very annoying, but it's still cool that there were some kids there who got to see that.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

King Kong

Well Cook currently isn't able to play several of those

Youngsta71701

Just look at it as giving back to the community... ;D
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 08, 2017, 09:05:57 am
Just look at it as giving back to the community... ;D
Well, in his defense, he does pay money not to have to deal with the community.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on September 08, 2017, 10:35:10 am
Lol...good point.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Maybe he was doing some community service.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on September 08, 2017, 08:41:18 am
I understand that can be very annoying, but it's still cool that there were some kids there who got to see that.
I thought this was why they built the "practice facility". We were told we were the last team in the SEC that did not have one. Well we spent the money to get one, so use the damn thing.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: IronMountainHog on September 13, 2017, 08:16:45 pm
I thought this was why they built the "practice facility". We were told we were the last team in the SEC that did not have one. Well we spent the money to get one, so use the damn thing.

well said

Truth Hog

The fact people are whining and complaining about a basketball team being at a gym with a basketball court and playing shows where we are in society. Also, the comment about using the practice facility is absurd. That thing gets used about 362 or 363 days out of the year, the team goes to FAC and gets a hoop session in and suddenly they don't use the basketball facility enough. Geeze....

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Truth Hog on September 14, 2017, 10:59:04 am
The fact people are whining and complaining about a basketball team being at a gym with a basketball court and playing shows where we are in society. Also, the comment about using the practice facility is absurd. That thing gets used about 362 or 363 days out of the year, the team goes to FAC and gets a hoop session in and suddenly they don't use the basketball facility enough. Geeze....

Pretty sure the team they played against was excited to play against some current and former Hogs. Great collegiate experience.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Truth Hog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 14, 2017, 11:31:14 am
Pretty sure the team they played against was excited to play against some current and former Hogs. Great collegiate experience.
A lot of the league teams at FAC are former collegiate athletes and sometimes there are a few guys who played pro ball on some teams. It's a great experience all around for everyone.

NWAHog479

A lot of the time when you see them playing at the FAC it is possibly because they are re-doing or waxing the floors of the campus facilities. Last time I tried to play basketball there, Courtney Fortson walked off the court in the middle of the game only to sit on the sidelines and talk trash to the guy he was guarding for 30 minutes. It was great experience (eyeroll).

Truth Hog

Quote from: NWAHog479 on September 15, 2017, 09:50:53 am
A lot of the time when you see them playing at the FAC it is possibly because they are re-doing or waxing the floors of the campus facilities. Last time I tried to play basketball there, Courtney Fortson walked off the court in the middle of the game only to sit on the sidelines and talk trash to the guy he was guarding for 30 minutes. It was great experience (eyeroll).
Not saying it was right or wrong what he did, but how many times do we see guys start trash talking Razorback players because of who those guys are? From my own personal experience I have seen that almost every time in the HPER at the UofA when the basketball guys would come play because Bud Walton (before practice facility) was being used. Most of the time it was some try hard from a tiny school who was a decent high school player trying to impress those guys and for some reason it always seemed to be Courtney Fortson they would throw shade at. Personally I got a lot of enjoyment at the basketball guys embarrassing those guys who would try act like they were better than them. But like I said not saying it was right or wrong for him to do that...