Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AR vs TCU

Started by Nosboar Accubond, July 18, 2017, 07:14:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosboar Accubond

Getting my mind right for the fall, forgot how crazy this game was...

https://youtu.be/PNCG_abV5UI

LRHog

Yep. Didnt think we had a shot going in tbqh... Then Allen showed us quite a bit of what to expect out of him. I actually thought the defense was gonna be decent at this point... Until the end.

Also... at half time i was thinking out loud... "Is every girl at TCU smokin hot"... and the answer is yes. Even the towel girl.

goodguytex

Quote from: LRHog on July 18, 2017, 07:25:35 pm
Yep. Didnt think we had a shot going in tbqh... Then Allen showed us quite a bit of what to expect out of him. I actually thought the defense was gonna be decent at this point... Until the end.

Also... at half time i was thinking out loud... "Is every girl at TCU smokin hot"... and the answer is yes. Even the towel girl.
I was thinking we'd lose as well. Texas heat and lack of depth got us in the 2nd half of that game.

And you're right about the women at that game... They grow em mighty fine in fort Worth.

TNRazorbacker

Will be a tough one again this year. Both teams entering the season off disappointing years, filling lots of holes, with good Sr QB's. Likely to go to the wire again.

threeNout

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on July 18, 2017, 07:14:34 pm
Getting my mind right for the fall, forgot how crazy this game was...

https://youtu.be/PNCG_abV5UI

Definitely the brightest moment for us last year.

We played with the tenacity of a Razorback for 60 minutes, so glad I wrapped my music video around that game.

game highlights start at 48 seconds in, with the same thumbnailed images on your clip, that's what really caught my eye.

secneahog

Quote from: goodguytex on July 19, 2017, 02:57:48 am
I was thinking we'd lose as well. Texas heat and lack of depth got us in the 2nd half of that game.

And you're right about the women at that game... They grow em mighty fine in fort Worth.

You're hung up on the "Texas heat" thing.   Lol.    It wasn't the heat, I was at the game.  It was our 4-3 defense playing against a spread hurry up offense.   

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

goodguytex

Quote from: secneahog on July 19, 2017, 07:18:19 am
You're hung up on the "Texas heat" thing.   Lol.    It wasn't the heat, I was at the game.  It was our 4-3 defense playing against a spread hurry up offense.   
I have no doubt our defense playing against a spread hurry up was a factor. But so was players from Arkansas having to go out with cramps. Not just one. One had to get an IV. Just so happened to be the biggest defensive playmaker for that game who got a pick 6.

go hogues

Quote from: goodguytex on July 19, 2017, 09:27:49 am
I have no doubt our defense playing against a spread hurry up was a factor. But so was players from Arkansas having to go out with cramps. Not just one. One had to get an IV. Just so happened to be the biggest defensive playmaker for that game who got a pick 6.
It was not hot that night. It was actually very unseasonably mild. If they had cramps, it was not from the weather (didn't feel any different than Fayetteville).
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

goodguytex

July 19, 2017, 09:48:14 am #8 Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 10:03:46 am by goodguytex
Quote from: go hogues on July 19, 2017, 09:39:46 am
It was not hot that night. It was actually very unseasonably mild. If they had cramps, it was not from the weather (didn't feel any different than Fayetteville).
We had a LBer and a receiver, for sure, go out with cramps.  The LBer had to get an IV in the locker room. The crowd booed him because he was slowing down the TCU hurry up. I'm not making it up. I just got through watching the game yesterday again. I can find the times in the game where the players had to leave for that reason if you like. To say cramping didn't happen just isn't true.

Edit... I just looked it up. Temp at game time in fort Worth was 85. Yes. Unseasonable decent for Texas in 1st of September, with 85% humidity. Which is high. Very humid.

Fayetteville temp at the same exact time was 72. Low humidity. Pretty good difference there. For whatever reason, ore than one player were having problems with cramps, having to receive fluids.

Polecat

Whatever happened to the 2 recruits from Louisiana that went to TCU after being committed to us and having their offers removed? Was that in Bret's first year? Not sure those guys ever made much impact there
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

EulessHog

Picture of my desktop- made using media photos of the tcu game.
Go Hogs Go!

Buff

Quote from: LRHog on July 18, 2017, 07:25:35 pm

Man that towel girl had it goin on