Jermain Taylor arrested

Started by NuttinItUp, July 18, 2017, 11:22:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

July 18, 2017, 11:22:06 am Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 08:17:25 am by NuttinItUp

AirWarren

Nothing but a druggie thug now.

Großer Kriegschwein

On top of the world.........until Pavlik.
This is my non-signature signature.

Dillar Dog

Serious brain damage in a few of his last fights.

Feel bad for the guy.

pigture perfect

Part of me wants to kick him in the behind, the other part of me knows he was a world champion boxer who would end up kicking mine if I tried. But something needs to done to help straighten him out.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 18, 2017, 12:24:44 pm
Part of me wants to kick him in the behind, the other part of me knows he was a world champion boxer who would end up kicking mine if I tried. But something needs to done to help straighten him out.
He's receiving help.Just not following directions very well at this time. Caught up in the "too much money thing". When he hits a real bottom, the sky is the limit for him. He's really a neat guy and polite. Wit that said, throw him into peer public n he don't do so well. He needs all of our prayers.

pigture perfect

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on July 18, 2017, 12:32:59 pm
He's receiving help.Just not following directions very well at this time. Caught up in the "too much money thing". When he hits a real bottom, the sky is the limit for him. He's really a neat guy and polite. Wit that said, throw him into peer public n he don't do so well. He needs all of our prayers.
i know he's a Neat guy, that's why I think we expect more from him. And I agree he needs prayer.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hogcard1964

Großer Kriegschwein

July 18, 2017, 01:07:08 pm #8 Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 01:21:05 pm by Großer Kriegschwein
Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 18, 2017, 01:01:26 pm
Man, Pavlik could punch.

I kinda learned my lesson with that fight.

1. When stats tell you a story, try to listen at least a little.

2. Ignore your emotion and hometown pride.

3. Never make a bet on boxing with a middle-aged Puerto Rican.

Taylor was like kryptonite for Bernard Hopkins.

Vantage 8 dude

hogcard1964

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 18, 2017, 01:07:08 pm

LOL

You lost money on the Pavlik fight?

farfromgroovins

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 18, 2017, 01:07:08 pm

That's funny....

Didn't Pavlik then lose to Hopkins?

Dillar Dog

Quote from: farfromgroovins on July 18, 2017, 02:25:29 pm
That's funny....

Didn't Pavlik then lose to Hopkins?

Yeah.  He turned into a sloppy alcoholic and didn't train much.  I think he owned a bar and spent most of his time there instead of the gym.  Dude was a hell of a boxer but he was lazy.

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Dillar Dog

jabberjawls

FraggleHog

Just listened to the 911 call... Really sad...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Oppression will do that to a fella  ;).
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Porked Tongue

Gotta keep up that LR crime scene.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 18, 2017, 02:23:03 pm
LOL

You lost money on the Pavlik fight?

It cost me his Staff Duty for 2 months.

sickboy

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 18, 2017, 04:09:14 pm
Gotta keep up that LR crime scene.

You guys are funny with your LR crime stuff. I grew up in LR and never felt the least bit uncomfortable or that the city was dangerous. Where do you guys live that makes Little Rock feel dangerous by comparison?

Hawg414

Quote from: sickboy on July 19, 2017, 02:19:56 am
You guys are funny with your LR crime stuff. I grew up in LR and never felt the least bit uncomfortable or that the city was dangerous. Where do you guys live that makes Little Rock feel dangerous by comparison?

it's "dangerous" to them thru an article they read online somewhere.  and i get it.. statistics, etc.. rankings, etc.. but i have lived here 25 years myself and never had the first thing happen to me or my property.  and i don't live behind a gate either.  granted, i do know a guy who had his golf clubs stolen out of the back of his truck in a parking lot about 10 years ago.  and another guy who accidentally left his wallet in his chair at a club when he went to the bathroom.  came back and it was gone.  but other than that, it's mostly like any other medium/large sized city.  stay away from crime areas, and stay away from crime... you limit your exposure to crime.

SRV

Quote from: Hawg414 on July 19, 2017, 03:32:07 am
it's "dangerous" to them thru an article they read online somewhere.  and i get it.. statistics, etc.. rankings, etc.. but i have lived here 25 years myself and never had the first thing happen to me or my property.  and i don't live behind a gate either.  granted, i do know a guy who had his golf clubs stolen out of the back of his truck in a parking lot about 10 years ago.  and another guy who accidentally left his wallet in his chair at a club when he went to the bathroom.  came back and it was gone.  but other than that, it's mostly like any other medium/large sized city.  stay away from crime areas, and stay away from crime... you limit your exposure to crime.
Exactly. I've lived/worked in, or around, LR for 47 years. You certainly want to use wisdom, but that applies everywhere. I hate to see what's going on in Jermain's life. Definitely more prayers.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

NuttinItUp

Quote from: FraggleHog on July 18, 2017, 03:37:59 pm
Just listened to the 911 call... Really sad...

Here is the audio of three 911 calls back-to-back in case anyone missed it (Warning: Language):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a75MilYDAEA

sickboy

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. I live in Los Angeles now and the crime here makes Little Rock look like Mayberry. But, again. I've never felt unsafe in Los Angeles either. I just try to be vigilant and smart wherever I'm at.

But I can understand if you're from a smaller town than Little Rock, how Little Rock might seem magnitudes greater in crime. Little Rock just seems like there's one or two bad neighborhoods and if you just don't go there... you could spend your entire life not seeing a bit of crime in Little Rock.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: The ColonelHog on July 19, 2017, 01:22:18 pm
No, the guy needs prison!  He's a certified menace to society!

What part of Harrison you from?

daprospecta

I grew up in Little Rock, lived in NWA for 12 years and I have now lived in Austin the last two years.  Little Rock is dangerous.  This is coming from someone who spent 40% of his childhood in the rough areas and this was when gang banging was still around.  The problem with Little Rock is it's small.  One mile west of the zoo, bad things happen often, one mile east and you have to have a good job to live in the neighborhood.  I do agree that if you stay out of the bad areas/mind your business you will be ok but trouble can easily find you in a city so small.

TDHawgs

Guess we will have to wait for the 30 for 30 to come out to see what really is going on. lol

cosmodrum

Quote from: The ColonelHog on July 19, 2017, 06:20:22 pm
LMAO!  Do I have to be from Harrison to be non-apologetic for a guy who has been on a crime rampage?  Funny, he wasn't committing crimes when his life sized poster was in the Airport. 

Yep, he had the foresight to wait until the poster was down before those lucrative domestic disturbances.

Go away, batin'

The Boar War

Quote from: Dillar Dog on July 19, 2017, 02:44:33 pm
What part of Harrison you from?

Maybe he's from the part where you spend time in prison when you commit and continue to commit multiple felonies.  I hear the property value is through the roof.

songofthesword

if i would have told yyou 10 years ago that benard hopkins would be fighting longer than taylor you;'d laugh me out of the4 room, but he's 52 years old.. fifty [CENSORED] two years old and still fighting, and winning, world class boxing matches.