Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 29, 2024, 01:06:25 am

Well, he made it until he was 25

Started by Hardcore Hoggy, July 14, 2017, 03:28:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardcore Hoggy

but the son's first accident was a doozy. Completely totalled his 2014 Mustang. Thankfully no one was hurt, he loved that car though, his college graduation gift.

Well looks like dad is car shopping again, but at least the insurance company and son will be buying this one.

goodguytex

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on July 14, 2017, 03:28:20 pm
but the son's first accident was a doozy. Completely totalled his 2014 Mustang. Thankfully no one was hurt, he loved that car though, his college graduation gift.

Well looks like dad is car shopping again, but at least the insurance company and son will be buying this one.
I made it until 20 before I had one. So your son did good. Sorry for the wreck. Glad he came out of it ok. And that's what counts.

Ugly Uncle

I was only 17 when I totaled my dad's car.  Lucky to be alive.  Wasn't the wreck that almost killed me...
Retired Radio Host

ricepig

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on July 25, 2017, 05:55:37 pm
I was only 17 when I totaled my dad's car.  Lucky to be alive.  Wasn't the wreck that almost killed me...

17 when I totaled, except they didn't, my Mom's car. Too fast on a gravel road and had a slow motion roll over in a waist deep ditch. I never told them I was racing another guy home from golf practice, I'm sure they figured that out on their own.

HiggiePiggy

I didn't total mine, but I was on Garland Street in 1997 and hit a guy in the back when I looked over to see the guy behind him starting to run the stop sign. Car that just pulled out stopped and was turning into the gas station.  Way too many areas for cars to go in and out of near the harps and bank.

I was 17 also.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

DeltaBoy

I never totaled one until 2007 and liked to killed my whole family!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

songofthesword

lol @ parents buying kids cars.  i bought my first car, 2nd car and every car iv'e ever had since. then you wonder why these kids never grow up

why you get a graduation gift for some darn you supposed to do you supposed to graduate college you don't get a 30 thousand dollar car as a present for doing some darn you were supposed to do in the first place

goodguytex

Quote from: songofthesword on August 11, 2017, 09:01:15 pm
lol @ parents buying kids cars.  i bought my first car, 2nd car and every car iv'e ever had since. then you wonder why these kids never grow up

why you get a graduation gift for some darn you supposed to do you supposed to graduate college you don't get a 30 thousand dollar car as a present for doing some darn you were supposed to do in the first place
I paid 500.00 for my first car, an 84 Dodge charger.
I worked a lot of hours to pay for it. Then the electrical wiring in it burned the car up.

Then I paid 1,000.00 for an 86 Chrysler 5th avenue, I paid 1,500.00 for a brand new paint job, then a week later and it got totaled when an old man ran a red light and I couldn't stop in time. It's nice that some parents can buy their kids a car. Just didn't happen for me. I had to work and pay for what I got.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: goodguytex on August 25, 2017, 05:31:11 pm
I paid 500.00 for my first car, an 84 Dodge charger.
I worked a lot of hours to pay for it. Then the electrical wiring in it burned the car up.

Then I paid 1,000.00 for an 86 Chrysler 5th avenue, I paid 1,500.00 for a brand new paint job, then a week later and it got totaled when an old man ran a red light and I couldn't stop in time. It's nice that some parents can buy their kids a car. Just didn't happen for me. I had to work and pay for what I got.

My Dad was very clever.  He bought my brother and I our first vehicles.  Old cheap car and truck.  We had to pay the insurance, gas and up keep.  He held the title.  We could never say, "It is MY car I'll do with it what I want..."  Nope.  He would say, "I paid for that car, and you will not drive it again until you (insert punishment for grades, talking back, staying out late, being disrespectful).  If I were even a minute late for curfew I would just walk in and hand my keys to my dad.  That is just how it worked in my house.  So, there was a method to his madness.
Retired Radio Host

goodguytex

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 25, 2017, 05:39:28 pm
My Dad was very clever.  He bought my brother and I our first vehicles.  Old cheap car and truck.  We had to pay the insurance, gas and up keep.  He held the title.  We could never say, "It is MY car I'll do with it what I want..."  Nope.  He would say, "I paid for that car, and you will not drive it again until you (insert punishment for grades, talking back, staying out late, being disrespectful).  If I were even a minute late for curfew I would just walk in and hand my keys to my dad.  That is just how it worked in my house.  So, there was a method to his madness.
Sounds pretty smart. I wanted my own car pretty bad when I turned 16. I went around my Dad and bought the 86 charger without talking to him about it, and I worked hard to pay for it too. I guess he felt bad when the thing completely burned up. The fifth avenue I bought was their second car. They got another one right after he sold me the 5th avenue. Shame it got totaled though.
Great car too. Might not have been sexy or a sports car. But that thing ran awesome, didn't feel any bumps at all driving on the roads. Still to this day about the best driving car I've ever had. Of course I've had mostly pickups since then.

PorkSoda

my first few cars were all busts.  first car, I pooled money with a friend of mine to buy, never saw him or the car again.  my second car was a baylor green beetle, left it at my brothers house because he was going to help me fix it up and get it running.  it got towed, never saw it again.  my third car was a major hoopty, (0-60 in 5-10 minutes) but drove the hell out of it.  so my third car was technically was the first car that I actually drove.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

kodiakisland

My first truck was missing the back window, cost $200, and broke down on the way home.  It never got better than that.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/